[SOLVED] Unassigned Devices RAID 0

I setup RAID 0 with 3 unassigned ssd's. All seemed to go well. I tried to set nzbget to use the RAID 0 array for an intermediate directory, so I assigned another path in the docker /intermediate for the container path and /mnt/disks/test for the host path. In the nzbget settings I changed the intermediate path to /intermediate.

Not only does nzbget seem to ignore my changes but one of the drives was in the RAID and now appears to not be in the pool anymore, with this error in the system log:

kernel: BTRFS error (device sdb1): devid 2 uuid fa0f6263-8da8-4ecc-b400-2de8fdc56c6e is missing

Have I done something wrong?

The actual issue that I have been trying to fix for days is high iowait time. The longer nzbget runs the worse it gets until eventually the server is super laggy and cpu usage very high.

If I throttle the downloads back it seems to help, the fasted sustained speed I can run the downloads at is about 100mbit per second. At that rate iowait is about 31% according to netdata.

Binhex nzbget container

Edited by joecool169

When you first booted there was only one device for that filesystem, can't say what happened to the missing one(s) since whatever it was happened before current boot, but you then recreated the pool and it looks to be fine now, but to confirm post output of:

btrfs fi usage -T /mnt/disks/test

Overall:
    Device size:                 670.71GiB
    Device allocated:            353.06GiB
    Device unallocated:          317.65GiB
    Device missing:                  0.00B
    Used:                        350.32GiB
    Free (estimated):            319.05GiB      (min: 160.22GiB)
    Data ratio:                       1.00
    Metadata ratio:                   2.00
    Global reserve:              366.73MiB      (used: 0.00B)

Data      Metadata  System              
Id Path      RAID0     RAID1     RAID1    Unallocated
-- --------- --------- --------- -------- -----------
 1 /dev/sdb1 117.00GiB   1.00GiB 32.00MiB   105.54GiB
 2 /dev/sdd1 117.00GiB         - 32.00MiB   106.54GiB
 3 /dev/sde1 117.00GiB   1.00GiB        -   105.57GiB
-- --------- --------- --------- -------- -----------
   Total     351.00GiB   1.00GiB 32.00MiB   317.65GiB
   Used      349.60GiB 368.33MiB 48.00KiB            

unassigned.PNG

I don't think it was fine when I first set it up, but idk. I guess I was pretty flustered at this point so maybe I just read it wrong. I know the green light next to sbd kept going out like the disk had spun down. I have all my disks set to never spin down. And that is an ssd, so I'm pretty sure it was never spinning to begin with.

But thank you so much for your quick replies, I'm sorry if I wasted your time. I'm slowly getting all this figured out, 1 thing at a time.

Not much relate to your problem, but seems sdb not the "devid 1" of that pool, would you show this by "btrfs fi show".

For RAID0 pool in UD, pls ignore the green / grey light on the disks. ( There should be a bug, Green or not just means mount or not. For my understanding, UD disks never spin down whatever the setting )

EDIT : I got it in 1st post, anyway, best should mount "devid 1" for the pool

kernel: BTRFS error (device sdb1): devid 2 uuid fa0f6263-8da8-4ecc-b400-2de8fdc56c6e is missing

Edited by Benson
On 4/28/2020 at 4:35 AM, johnnie.black said:

Looks fine.

One last reply to this thread just to let you know that after confirming with you that the pool was setup correctly and configuring nzbget to use this raid 0 test as /intermediate directory my downloads go much smoother, esp the unpacking part, and io wait times are very low, usually less than 5%. Thanks again for your help.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unassigned Devices RAID 0