[SOLVED] Help Needed to Fix VM Config // Issue Running VM on Different Machines

So I did something stupid and checked a box to add a USB device (mouse) to my VM that was connected to another machine.  Now the VM will only run when that machine is on.  I was hoping I could just uncheck the USB device that I enabled but it's no longer listed under USB Devices on the form view of the device I added it from.  Is there any easy way to determine what I enabled in the XML view?

To be clear, I enabled a connected mouse on my laptop.  The VM runs fine when the laptop is on.  With the laptop off, I can no longer run the VM on my Chromebook.  Also, once the laptop is turned off the VM appears to stop.

Anyone have an idea of what I can do to fix this issue? HERE is a link to the XML on Pastebin of my VM config. 

Edited by clambert

Not really sure what you did. I guess you ticked a box in the webui for the VM, right? The only USB device connected to the VM is the following in the XML

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='usb' managed='no'>
      <source>
        <vendor id='0x046d'/>
        <product id='0xc063'/>
      </source>
      <address type='usb' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </hostdev>

Check under tools > system devices > USB devices what this device is (046d:c063)

You can remove it from the XML by deleting the part above.

5 hours ago, clambert said:

I enabled a connected mouse on my laptop

How did you do that? You only can enable devices physically connected to unraid itself.

• Like 1

Well, that fixed the problem.  Honestly I don't completely understand what happened.  In looking back at the mouse after deleting it from the XML and rebooting, it was indeed the mouse attached to the server.  I don't know.  Regardless, I think I'm good again.  Thanks for the help @bastl!

• Haha 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Help Needed to Fix VM Config // Issue Running VM on Different Machines