[Support] Octoprint docker template - Spants

On 5/1/2022 at 7:28 PM, spants said:

Strange! What version of unraid are you using?

Latest stable, 6.9.2. I've moved my docker to a folder rather than an image - but another strange thing is I added a camera and installed the drivers etc, but now 50% of the time when I restart Octoprint the camera port changes. Last night I restarted it and it grabbed my USB backup drive as the printer port.

Got no idea what's going on with it, but I can work around it by just rebuilding the container every day.

I'm trying to run this without a webcam, in the initial setup I am blanking everything out relating to webcam and I keep getting

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='OctoPrint-Spants' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -p '5002:5000/tcp' -p ':80/tcp' -p ':8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/octoprint':'/octoprint':'rw' --device='/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0' --device='' 'octoprint/octoprint:latest'

docker: bad format for path: .
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

On 5/4/2022 at 4:17 PM, Mokresh said:

I'm trying to run this without a webcam, in the initial setup I am blanking everything out relating to webcam and I keep getting

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='OctoPrint-Spants' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -p '5002:5000/tcp' -p ':80/tcp' -p ':8080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/octoprint':'/octoprint':'rw' --device='/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0' --device='' 'octoprint/octoprint:latest'

docker: bad format for path: .
See 'docker run --help'.

The command failed.

I am also trying to run it without a webcame and i am getting the same error. going to have to plug in a webcam and see if it will install for me

I'm trying to get the webcam to work but it isn't working. i have installed dvb drivers and I have tried video1 and video0 but i cant get a image. if using video0 and i try the webcam stream URL in the browser it just has the loading symbol constantly whereas video 1 it says unable to load. i tried the URL on my phone same thing and the loading bar doesn't progress. I'm not sure what i am doing wrong but these are my settings. help would be appreciated.

2089989674_Screenshot2022-05-11233245.thumb.png.b01da16f60292dd03bcf87090601b96c.png

Hi,
i´m trying to set up my camera resolution, but it won´t work for me. It´s reset to default every time.
I receive the following error in the log:

i: Using V4L2 device.: /dev/video0i: Desired Resolution: 2560 x 1440i: Frames Per Second.: 15i: Format............: YUYVi: JPEG Quality......: 80i: TV-Norm...........: DEFAULTi: The specified resolution is unavailable, using: width 1280 height 720 insteadi: FPS coerced ......: from 15 to 10o: www-folder-path......: /usr/local/share/mjpg-streamer/www/

image.thumb.png.05f423a4f6972caa831efe668564f6a4.png

Due missing file at "/boot/config.txt" i´m not able to test it the "official" way. I laso played with mjpg settings a bit, but no success. Did someone managed to handle this?

Regards
Marc

Hey, any idea on this?
  • 1 month later...

Hi, firstly thank you for maintaining this Docker!

I need a few pointers to troubleshoot intermittent USB connection to the printer. System log when such disconnection happens:

Jul 13 12:45:52 Tower kernel: usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 23 using ehci-pci
Jul 13 12:45:52 Tower kernel: cdc_acm 2-1.2:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
Jul 13 13:20:03 Tower emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sde
Jul 13 13:40:09 Tower emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sdb
Jul 13 13:42:22 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdb
Jul 13 15:22:08 Tower kernel: usb 2-1.2: USB disconnect, device number 23
Jul 13 15:22:08 Tower kernel: usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 24 using ehci-pci
Jul 13 15:22:08 Tower kernel: cdc_acm 2-1.2:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

And the error as shown on Octoprint:

State: Offline after error
SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)

Printer is Artillery Hornet. Octoprint generally works well except for these random disconnections which may happen anytime, during an auto bed leveling routine, mid-print, pre-heating. Diag zip is attached. Thanks in advance!

tower-diagnostics-20220713-1535.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 8:37 AM, Kagoromo said:

Hi, firstly thank you for maintaining this Docker!

I need a few pointers to troubleshoot intermittent USB connection to the printer. System log when such disconnection happens:

Jul 13 12:45:52 Tower kernel: usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 23 using ehci-pci
Jul 13 12:45:52 Tower kernel: cdc_acm 2-1.2:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device
Jul 13 13:20:03 Tower emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sde
Jul 13 13:40:09 Tower emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sdb
Jul 13 13:42:22 Tower emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdb
Jul 13 15:22:08 Tower kernel: usb 2-1.2: USB disconnect, device number 23
Jul 13 15:22:08 Tower kernel: usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 24 using ehci-pci
Jul 13 15:22:08 Tower kernel: cdc_acm 2-1.2:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

And the error as shown on Octoprint:

State: Offline after error
SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)

Printer is Artillery Hornet. Octoprint generally works well except for these random disconnections which may happen anytime, during an auto bed leveling routine, mid-print, pre-heating. Diag zip is attached. Thanks in advance!

tower-diagnostics-20220713-1535.zip 107.71 kB · 0 downloads

I have the same issue :( printing vom SD Card works fine, but with the usb connection not... 
Does anyone have a solution?

6 hours ago, EdlerSpender said:

I have the same issue :( printing vom SD Card works fine, but with the usb connection not... 
Does anyone have a solution?

Hi, the problem went away for me after I moved the printer closer to the Unraid machine to avoid having to use a long USB extension cable. I also bought a new USB mini cable just in case, but it turned out to be unnecessary as the cable that came with the printer worked just fine as long as it's plugged straight into the Unraid machine. If you have been using a USB extension cable, that's where I'd take a look first.

• Like 1
On 9/6/2022 at 11:01 PM, Duckers said:

Can't install, nor run it. 

docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Prusa_Research__prusa3d.com__Original_Prusa_MINI_CZPX1620X017XC06142-if00": no such file or directory.

Having the same error. Anybody?

@JakeBullet  @Duckers and anyone else who hits the serial/by-id issue. it automatically fills in the serial/by-id. In order to get your actual path, open your unraid console and type

udevadm info    --name=/dev/ttyACM0

that'll return a DEVLINKS= and that's the value you want to paste in there.

If you need to find other values for a camera or something (or if yours doesn't appear at ttyACM0) you can do

cd /dev/bus/usb/

and then type ls to get all the files/folders and then do the udevadm info like

udevadm info    --name=/dev/bus/usb/001/002 

to get more info about each location. For this one, I wanted the DEVNAME.

Edited by adambeck7
  • 2 months later...

I had this previously working but seemingly overnight I cannot get the webcam to work anymore. I also have a video0 and video1 now, both seemingly pointing to the same camera, but both don't work. Any insight?

EDIT: somehow changing it to video1 and back to video0 for -both- CAMERA_DEV and webcam in the template fixed for now.

Edited by [email protected]
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 5:11 PM, adambeck7 said:

@JakeBullet  @Duckers and anyone else who hits the serial/by-id issue. it automatically fills in the serial/by-id. In order to get your actual path, open your unraid console and type

udevadm info    --name=/dev/ttyACM0

that'll return a DEVLINKS= and that's the value you want to paste in there.

If you need to find other values for a camera or something (or if yours doesn't appear at ttyACM0) you can do

cd /dev/bus/usb/

and then type ls to get all the files/folders and then do the udevadm info like

udevadm info    --name=/dev/bus/usb/001/002 

to get more info about each location. For this one, I wanted the DEVNAME.

It does show me my printer's serial ID, but the docker setup still does not recognize it as valid.

I installed Octoprint on a VM and the system does not recognize the connection. I dont think this is an issue with pants's docker image. I am leaning out of the window here but i believe to remember that the issue started after updating unraid.

How do i go about troubleshooting this.
I have tried nothign and i have no idea where to start. kinda lost.

image.png

• 4 weeks later...

I can't seem to get this Docker working. I know I have to be doing something wrong but I have reinstalled a few times and switched the printer usb port a few times as well but the docker keeps failing. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.

docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/serial/by-id": not a device node.

Happy New Year!

I'm new to 3d printing so I thought I'd give this docker a try my an ender 3 s1 pro. I ran into the same issue with serial/by-id issue and had the same result using "udevadm info --name=/dev/bus/usb/001/002" showing "device node not found".

This may not be the "right" way but this is what I did to get my printer recognized:

1. open a terminal window on unraid server web page

2. enter "cd /dev/serial/by-id"

3. enter "dir"

this showed me what I was after, which in my case was: usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0

in the docker template I changed it to "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0"

I then followed the directions in the second post of this topic (even though I don't have multiple printers) which were

1) go to settings/serial connections and add /dev/serial/by-id/* to "Additional serial ports"

2) save

3) go to settings/serial connections and change AUTO in the serial port list to your device

4) save

Just completed my first test and it all seems to be doing what it is suppose to.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
13 hours ago, 1812 said:

Happy New Year!

I'm new to 3d printing so I thought I'd give this docker a try my an ender 3 s1 pro. I ran into the same issue with serial/by-id issue and had the same result using "udevadm info --name=/dev/bus/usb/001/002" showing "device node not found".

This may not be the "right" way but this is what I did to get my printer recognized:

1. open a terminal window on unraid server web page

2. enter "cd /dev/serial/by-id"

3. enter "dir"

this showed me what I was after, which in my case was: usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0

in the docker template I changed it to "/dev/serial/by-id/usb-1a86_USB_Serial-if00-port0"

I then followed the directions in the second post of this topic (even though I don't have multiple printers) which were

1) go to settings/serial connections and add /dev/serial/by-id/* to "Additional serial ports"

2) save

3) go to settings/serial connections and change AUTO in the serial port list to your device

4) save

Just completed my first test and it all seems to be doing what it is suppose to.

Hope that helps!

That worked!! Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to swing by and say I was able to get this working for my Prusa. 

Like some others above I wasn't trying to use a webcam so in order to get it to run Ineeded to `remove` all of the docker entries that were related to `webcam` and `streaming` and after that it started up fine

I then did the `add additional serial` bit from one of the first few posts and it's currently running a test print as I type!

Thanks for making/maintaining this package!

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to use this without a physical USB connection between Unraid and the printer? Perhaps some sort of serial connection over WiFI using a ESP32/ESP8266? My server is on the other end of my basement from my workshop and I'd like to leverage it to managed both my printer and CNC.