[Support] Octoprint docker template - Spants

New template, see 

,.......... Old template ...............

I have just published a template that uses the excellent Docker image by nunofgs. Please direct all non unRaid questions to https://github.com/nunofgs/docker-octoprint.

This template was constructed with knowledge from a thread at this REDDIT post - thanks to Jacob_xATLx and @Tergi.
Please see Tergi's post on doing camera passthrough: Discussion on Video support on unRaid

(If you are not using a camera, remove the camera variables)

Edited by spants
update
  • Thanks 1

GUIDE: An easy way to pass through a specific Printer, when you are using multiple printers and multiple copies of this template

On the template, select the printer using the /dev/serial/by-id/ directory only. Do not use ttyACM0 etc.

In OctoPrint,

1) go to settings/serial connections and add /dev/serial/by-id/* to "Additional serial ports"

2) save

3) go to settings/serial connections and change AUTO in the serial port list to your device

4) save

Go and print!

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Ok so I'm to assume I can use my Unraid machine for Octoprint vs using my Raspberry Pi 3B?

Plugin USB and go?

I'd rather harness the power of my Quad Core Xeon than using the little Raspberry Pi.

Found some chatter on Reddit. This is kinda amazing. Lol

• 5 weeks later...

Got it working with my Ender 3 v2, had some issues showing actual temp but this: https://community.octoprint.org/t/temperature-reporting-now-working-with-new-ender-3-v2/21053 fixed that. 

OctoPrint is telling me an update is available, but when I update and restart OctoPrint. I get to the login screen, but when I log in I am unable to access the WebUI. Telling me it might be overloaded or something is wrong. 

44 minutes ago, Actua said:

OctoPrint is telling me an update is available, but when I update and restart OctoPrint. I get to the login screen, but when I log in I am unable to access the WebUI. Telling me it might be overloaded or something is wrong. 

Its probably best just to update the when new versions arrive rather than updating inside the docker. The template just uses the official docker container .... so wait for an update notice in the unraid gui

• 2 months later...

When I install the docker by nunofgs, I got the following errors. Is it because it cannot detect my 3D printer? I am using Creality Ender-3.

docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/ttyACM0": no such file or directory.

image.thumb.png.73923124af0e3cf6ebcb2d0e00be1a12.png

This is my template input.image.thumb.png.1951f8a8e2f74e243d775a1fb0e36470.png

Edited by Wong
On 11/29/2020 at 10:00 AM, Alex.b said:

Hey,

I'm trying to connect my Artillery Genius to Octoprint but I have an error :

2020-11-29 10:58:54,056 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected." to "Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)"

image.png.7bfa8ed0eaebb048f6e3eb45c5cb7d05.png

image.thumb.png.75406bc053cbd9b05fabc62af0266129.png

try changing your octoprint settings:

Mine are

image.thumb.png.46274b7fb92aacc9a4f19672233969a4.png

On 12/5/2020 at 9:28 AM, Wong said:

When I install the docker by nunofgs, I got the following errors. Is it because it cannot detect my 3D printer? I am using Creality Ender-3.

docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/ttyACM0": no such file or directory.

image.thumb.png.73923124af0e3cf6ebcb2d0e00be1a12.png

This is my template input.image.thumb.png.1951f8a8e2f74e243d775a1fb0e36470.png

Use the /dev/serial/by-id/ directory so that your tty address does not change. You will need to add the additional serial posrts in octoprint as per my earlier post

• 2 months later...

Thanks so much for this. I got greedy and attempted to run the Software Update to go from 1.4 to 1.5.3 and now I'm receiving an internal server error even after completely wiping the container/image and reinstalling. Any idea why this may be happening? I've provided the log output and a screenshot of the error message below. Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you again for creating this!

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/webassets/merge.py", line 78, in data
f = open(self.filename, 'r', encoding='utf-8')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/vendor/font-awesome-4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css'
[2021-02-19 01:33:33,836] ERROR in app: Exception on / [GET]
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1982, in wsgi_app
response = self.full_dispatch_request()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
rv = self.dispatch_request()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/views.py", line 424, in index
response = default_view()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/views.py", line 408, in default_view
return preemptively_cached()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 983, in decorated_function
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 1046, in decorated_function
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 1054, in decorated_function
r = f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 746, in decorated_function
rv = f_with_duration(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 715, in f_with_duration
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 992, in decorated_function
rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 1011, in decorated_function
rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/views.py", line 395, in make_default_ui
r = make_response(render_template("index.jinja2", **render_kwargs))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/templating.py", line 134, in render_template
context, ctx.app)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/templating.py", line 116, in _render
rv = template.render(context)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 989, in render
return self.environment.handle_exception(exc_info, True)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 754, in handle_exception
File "/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/templates/dialogs/settings.jinja2", line 20, in template
class="{% if ns.mark_active %}active{% set ns.mark_active = False %}{% endif %} {% if "classes_link" in data %}{{ data.classes_link|join(' ') }}{% elif "classes" in data %}{{ data.classes|join(' ') }}{% endif %}"
TemplateSyntaxError: expected token 'end of statement block', got '.'
2021-02-19 01:33:33,848 INFO spawned: 'mjpeg-streamer' with pid 56
[2021-02-19 01:33:33,842] ERROR in app: Exception on / [GET]
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1982, in wsgi_app
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1614, in full_dispatch_request
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1517, in handle_user_exception
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1612, in full_dispatch_request
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1598, in dispatch_request
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/views.py", line 446, in index
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/views.py", line 408, in default_view
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 983, in decorated_function
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 1046, in decorated_function
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 1054, in decorated_function
r = f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 746, in decorated_function
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 715, in f_with_duration
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 992, in decorated_function
rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 1011, in decorated_function
rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/views.py", line 395, in make_default_ui
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/templating.py", line 134, in render_template
context, ctx.app)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/flask/templating.py", line 116, in _render
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 989, in render
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jinja2/environment.py", line 754, in handle_exception
File "/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/templates/dialogs/settings.jinja2", line 20, in template
class="{% if ns.mark_active %}active{% set ns.mark_active = False %}{% endif %} {% if "classes_link" in data %}{{ data.classes_link|join(' ') }}{% elif "classes" in data %}{{ data.classes|join(' ') }}{% endif %}"
MJPG Streamer Version.: 2.0
i: Using V4L2 device.: (null)
i: Desired Resolution: 640 x 480
i: Frames Per Second.: -1
i: Format............: YUYV
i: JPEG Quality......: 80
i: TV-Norm...........: DEFAULT
2021-02-19 01:33:33,852 - tornado.access - ERROR - 500 GET / (192.168.1.204) 2310.83ms
i: init_VideoIn failed
2021-02-19 01:33:33,854 INFO exited: mjpeg-streamer (exit status 1; not expected)
2021-02-19 01:33:33,855 INFO gave up: mjpeg-streamer entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,009] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 231, in fixed_wrap_cache
content = func().getvalue()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/webassets/merge.py", line 250, in func
data = StringIO(hunk.data())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/webassets/merge.py", line 78, in data
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/lib/jquery/jquery.ui.core.js'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,010] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 231, in fixed_wrap_cache
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/webassets/merge.py", line 250, in func
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/lib/jquery/jquery.ui.widget.js'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,011] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/lib/jquery/jquery.ui.mouse.js'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,079] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/lib/sockjs.js'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,338] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/app/viewmodels/gcode.js'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,338] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/gcodeviewer/js/ui.js'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,339] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/gcodeviewer/js/gCodeReader.js'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,340] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/gcodeviewer/js/renderer.js'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,427] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/vendor/font-awesome-4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css'
[2021-02-19 01:33:34,585] ERROR in app: Exception on / [GET]
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/views.py", line 424, in index
r = f(*args, **kwargs)
rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
context, ctx.app)
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,014] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/lib/jquery/jquery.ui.core.js'
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,015] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/lib/jquery/jquery.ui.widget.js'
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,016] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/lib/jquery/jquery.ui.mouse.js'
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,088] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/lib/sockjs.js'
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,338] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/js/app/viewmodels/gcode.js'
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,339] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/gcodeviewer/js/ui.js'
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,339] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/gcodeviewer/js/gCodeReader.js'
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,340] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/root/.octoprint/plugins/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/static/gcodeviewer/js/renderer.js'
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,429] ERROR in flask: Got an exception while trying to apply filter, ignoring file
[2021-02-19 01:37:55,598] ERROR in app: Exception on / [GET]
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OctoPrint-1.4.0-py2.7.egg/octoprint/server/views.py", line 446, in index
r = f(*args, **kwargs)
rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
rv = f(*args, **kwargs)
context, ctx.app)
2021-02-19 01:37:55,599 - tornado.access - ERROR - 500 GET / (192.168.1.204) 770.98ms

image.thumb.png.0e04ba1a66d150dd879b2fd9614b13b4.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/14/2021 at 7:31 AM, spants said:

Unfortunately the author of the docker has not updated it for sometime. I will see if I can use the octoprint/octoprint version.

Maybe we should just deprecate it, since no updates for 2 years to the container, but the official container (and template) last got an update 2 days ago.

I have created a new docker template for Octoprint using the official docker images and supporting webcam streaming.

• You need video drivers installed on unRaid for the kernel to see a camera.
    • (on Version: 6.10.0-rc1) - install DVB Drivers in Community Apps and select LibreELEC
    • This will need a reboot after installation

• plug in your camera, you should see /dev/video0 appear in a terminal session on unRaid

• Install OctoPrint-Spants
    • add the following:
      • variables: 
        • ENABLE_MJPG_STREAMER         true
        • CAMERA_DEV                            /dev/video0
        • MJPG_STREAMER_INPUT           -y -n -r 640x480 (can change to suit)

• port:

• webcam           container port 80      host port 5003

• snapshot          container port 8080  host port 5004

• In octoprint's webcam settings

• set the stream url to     http://IPADDRESS:5003/webcam/?action=stream and test - it should work

• set the snapshot url to       http://IPADDRESS:5004/?action=snapshot and test

• IPADDRESS is your unraid server address if you used bridge networking

octosettings.thumb.png.bbdf0a18012214934f908edb8a5854d1.png

Edited by spants
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
On 10/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, CryPt00n said:

Works for me, many many thanks! Was trying to get it to run with official docker but webcam didn´t worked in my tries. Now i can finally power off my pi. :)

This actually uses the official container - I just updated the template and researched how to get the video drivers working. Glad it is working for you.
If you use the CA backup application, make sure that it does not turn off the docker (adv settings) or you will lose a long print! 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2021 at 1:21 PM, spants said:

I have created a new docker template for Octoprint using the official docker images and supporting webcam streaming.

• You need video drivers installed on unRaid for the kernel to see a camera.
    • (on Version: 6.10.0-rc1) - install DVB Drivers in Community Apps and select LibreELEC
    • This will need a reboot after installation

• plug in your camera, you should see /dev/video0 appear in a terminal session on unRaid

• Install OctoPrint-Spants
    • add the following:
      • variables: 
        • ENABLE_MJPG_STREAMER         true
        • CAMERA_DEV                            /dev/video0
        • MJPG_STREAMER_INPUT           -y -n -r 640x480 (can change to suit)

• port:

• webcam           container port 80      host port 5003

• snapshot          container port 8080  host port 5004

• In octoprint's webcam settings

• set the stream url to     http://IPADDRESS:5003/webcam/?action=stream and test - it should work

• set the snapshot url to       http://IPADDRESS:5004/?action=snapshot and test

• IPADDRESS is your unraid server address if you used bridge networking

octosettings.thumb.png.bbdf0a18012214934f908edb8a5854d1.png

Thanks for the new docker! I'm still on the old nunofgs docker and want to migrate to your new version. However, I have a ton of plugins and customizations. What's the best way to bring them over to the new docker? Should I just copy everything over from /mnt/user/appdata/octoprint?

• 2 weeks later...