[Support] Octoprint docker template - Spants

2 hours ago, Bushibot said:

So I'm reading the old dvb method is no longer valid and a custom kernel is needed. This seems kind of nuts though.

I'm unclear if this outdated or stil lvalid. I don't see the kernel helper in apps though.

google doc

I think it must be outdated mate as its working fine on my setup.

I did install the dvb drivers though as recommended.

This should theoretically install the required kernel drivers needed to run a webcam.  

Glad the win11 vm worked as it shows that it is happily working with the system.

Have you ever run it of a raspberri pi to ensure that it works happily with octoprint native?

Its the last thing I can think of mate without remotely jumping in and trying to help.

And knowing that you dont know me from a bar of soap, i dont know what else to do to help you.

No-one else is commenting either which is a bit of a concern, but I had radio silence on my post as well.

Linux is my daily driver and I know some cameras suck in native usage which is what the docker image will do.

Running in win11 vm, unraid basiclly passes the whole port over to the operating system running in the vm so it all up to windows to make it work from that perspective.

In the docker image, it is not done that way.

What model of camera is it?

6 hours ago, djcs said:

I think it must be outdated mate as its working fine on my setup.

I did install the dvb drivers though as recommended.

This should theoretically install the required kernel drivers needed to run a webcam.  

Glad the win11 vm worked as it shows that it is happily working with the system.

Have you ever run it of a raspberri pi to ensure that it works happily with octoprint native?

Its the last thing I can think of mate without remotely jumping in and trying to help.

And knowing that you dont know me from a bar of soap, i dont know what else to do to help you.

No-one else is commenting either which is a bit of a concern, but I had radio silence on my post as well.

Linux is my daily driver and I know some cameras suck in native usage which is what the docker image will do.

Running in win11 vm, unraid basiclly passes the whole port over to the operating system running in the vm so it all up to windows to make it work from that perspective.

In the docker image, it is not done that way.

What model of camera is it?

I just got mint running last night in van to rest too.

it did work when I was running on the pi directly.

The log error in the octo container says videoIN fail, I something is not connecting. Feels like a driver issue. I did reboot again. Also testing with a different camera (old ms life cam).

I’m gonna try a different route I guess.

Thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it. 

The log error in the octo container says videoIN fail, I something is not connecting. Feels like a driver issue. I did reboot again. Also testing with a different camera (old ms life cam).

I just love that unraid allows us to play like this.

I know this might sound obvious, but only cause I have seen a few setups reading through this, but have you tried /dev/video1 ?

Just now, djcs said:

I just love that unraid allows us to play like this.

I know this might sound obvious, but only cause I have seen a few setups reading through this, but have you tried /dev/video1 ?

Scrap that, I rereading what you have posted and can see you have.
Too much going on in life rn and forgot i had already asked :D

Have you tried manually opening the streams in an incognito/private window?
You are on the right track me thinks.

Copy n paste what the main url is MEANt to be rather than what is showing in the config.

So I instaled mint and then used octo deploy. Now I'm having the reverse issue of getting the printer to show up, but the camera works fine, though a full VM seems over kill.

But I think this limted the issue to the docker container or unraid config somewhere.

Is there a way to see the camera feed from unraid maybe?

image.thumb.png.ec2b9d9ecc283355bbdc23f1ff1b8c78.png

41 minutes ago, Bushibot said:

So I instaled mint and then used octo deploy. Now I'm having the reverse issue of getting the printer to show up, but the camera works fine, though a full VM seems over kill.

But I think this limted the issue to the docker container or unraid config somewhere.

Is there a way to see the camera feed from unraid maybe?

image.thumb.png.ec2b9d9ecc283355bbdc23f1ff1b8c78.png

Did you stop the docker before trying to connect the vm to the printer?

Also have you allocated the serial usb to the vm, it needs to be "attached" to the vm for it to work, unlike a docker.

2 hours ago, djcs said:

Have you tried manually opening the streams in an incognito/private window?
You are on the right track me thinks.

Copy n paste what the main url is MEANt to be rather than what is showing in the config.

Yeah doesn’t work. As far as I can tell unraid is not passing a stream through /dev/video*. So their is nothing for the octocontainer to parse.

25 minutes ago, djcs said:

Did you stop the docker before trying to connect the vm to the printer?

Also have you allocated the serial usb to the vm, it needs to be "attached" to the vm for it to work, unlike a docker.

It’s not clear to me how to add the serial printer port to the VM. The printer doesn’t show up as a USB device, of course. With the doctor, there’s a way to pass the device. I don’t see an option for that in the VM set up except USB or PCI.

48 minutes ago, Bushibot said:

It’s not clear to me how to add the serial printer port to the VM. The printer doesn’t show up as a USB device, of course. With the doctor, there’s a way to pass the device. I don’t see an option for that in the VM set up except USB or PCI.

Right soooo, turns out a had accidently unplugged the printer from the PC when moving cameras around. No serial in VM solved.

So VM looks like it will work though YEEESH, huge resource waste compared to the docker.

But zero luck with docker octoprint vidoe. I ran through every possible permutation of device and /dev/video* again just to make sure I hadn't missed some combo. Also tried same with MS life cam.

I might try with some other container for vid over usb, I mean somebody has to have this working as general practice, octoprint being a little nich compared to video security etc.

Mint VM runniing OCTO_deploy script, webcam up, printer up.

This seems be some sort of function braking error from the octoprint docker log: but my dockerfu is not good enough to dig deeper and unraid is just as obtuse to me.

MJPG Streamer Version.: 2.0
 i: Using V4L2 device.: (null)
 i: Desired Resolution: 720 x 1280
 i: Frames Per Second.: -1
 i: Format............: YUYV
 i: JPEG Quality......: 80
 i: TV-Norm...........: DEFAULT
 i: init_VideoIn failed

• 2 weeks later...

Hi together 

I have the problem that I can't get a webcam (IP cam stream) integrated in the Octoprint docker.

Do I have to change something in the docker variables ? 

The stream runs normally in any browser, only in Octoprint it is not displayed. 
Lockale address
http://192.168.178.10:1984/stream.html?src=TapoC210&mode=webrtc

I bind the stream in go2rtc docker and want to forward it from dord to Octoprint. 

But it just does not work ? 
What can I do ? 

• 1 month later...

Has anybody figure out how to update the docker container and NOT lose all your plugins?  Im running such an old version of Octoprint but if I try to update, all my plugins are missing.

I think the problem is because the Actual plugins are not installed in the /octoprint folder, Only the settings for the plugins are.  And the Actual plugins are installed somewhere on the image that gets overwritten when you update the docker.  This is why if you re-install the plugins you had, they come back already configured (Because the settings are in the octoprint folder, but not the actual plugins)

To fix this we need to add a line mapping the folder of the plugins to our Appdata folder.  But I dont know what folder that is

Edited by 007craft
  • 3 months later...

I'm having issues getting octoprint to connect to my printer. Unraid picks it up as a ch340 and presents it as /dev/ttyUSB0 and with an id in the by-id folder. I've tried the normal pass through option and also running the docker in privileged mode but it won't connect. I've tried different USB cables and also plugged the printer into my laptop and it definitely works that way.

Does anyone have any suggestions?