[SOLVED] Device is disabled, contents emulated Please HELP

I assume that the problem disk is disk5?     If so it looks as if it has dropped offline and as a result got lots of write errors (which is why it is disabled).    Because it is offline there is no SMART information to give an indication of its health.

i suggest that you stop the system and carefully check the cabling (SATA and power) to the drive as cabling issues are far more common than disks actually failing.   If on powering back up it comes online it will still show as disabled, but you will be able to see the SMART information by clicking on the drive on the Main tab.    If that shows SMART information I suggest you post new diagnostics so we can give an assessment of the drives health.    If it does not come back online then the drive has really failed and you will need a replacement.

While the disk is disabled Unraid will be using the combination of the other data drives plus the parity drive to ‘emulate’ the missing disk so you can still see its contents via this emulation.   If you cannot see the emulated contents for any reason then let us know exactly what you are seeing so we can advise on how to fix that.

To clear the disabled state you need to rebuild the contents of the ‘emulated’ drive to a physical drive and the process for doing that is documented here in the online documentation.   Whether that is to a replacement drive or back to the current disk5 will depend on the assessment of the health of disk5.   

When it hit 10 is when it dropped out of the array, every time it increased I tried new cable and new port. Went to 6, new cable, 9, new port, 10, dropped out of array with 300 disk read errors. I am packing it up and heading for BB now

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Device is disabled, contents emulated Please HELP