Mover VERY slow !!!

Hi all,

Lately I've noticed that my cache is getting to almost 90% capacity almost continuously. This morning it was up to 99% and the system was almost unresponsive. Since last night the mover was running but to no effect. So I stopped both docker and vms, just to make sure that nothing was filling up the cache (qBitTorrent, NZBGet etc) while the mover was trying to empty it. For the past couple of hours the cache went from 32.1 GB free space to to 34.3 GB.

devices.thumb.png.3866a483955cd383e6c6c31244b82636.png

Mover is running as you can see.

1911408129_arrayoperation.thumb.png.d70176d4c43f49fbc7fd9a83992bca37.png

Why is the mover so slow ? Is thing natural ? What can I do to improve the situation ?

I want to mention here that I also tried the CA Turbo Write plugin, with no effect. Also my downloads folder on the array was setup to use cache, I've modified to not use cache now, but I am afraid this will cause file integrity issues with temporary files of qBitTorrent and NZBGet. Should I wait for the mover to clear the cache before I restart docker in order to avaid this kind of problems?

Thanking you in advance for your help ....

Vassilis

thales-diagnostics-20200430-1409.zip

7 minutes ago, VassilisA said:

Ok, I reverted the downloads folder but to using cache. Thanks for the clarification.

But the question remains! Why isn't the mover emptying the cache ?

Mover will not move any files that are open, so if you have any torrents that are downloading or seeding they will be stuck on the cache.   Also many people have internet links that are fast enough to let them download faster than mover can move files to the array.   If you want to get a better idea of exactly what mover is doing you can enable mover logging.

1 hour ago, VassilisA said:

That's why I stopped docker, so none of these files are open or in use. And my internet speed is quite slow, around 20mbps.

I've just rebooted the server and restarted mover but nothing is happening !!!! 

I would suggest enabling mover logging, starting mover and then getting new diagnostics so we can see what is going on.    Be aware, however, that the mover logging is not anonymised unless there was a recent change made.