IPV6 not working

i switched the RA setting back to assistant, now unraid got a /128 address but at least it can be set static.

i found out that now i do see the ipv6 subnet in the docker container setup on br0, so the extra parameters are not needed anymore.

i still think i am gonna wait for the next unraid version (as bonienl already mentioned, he found a way to keep docker happy with a /128 address) and for now a just change the containers, what need ipv6 connection to br0.

(i hope that letsencrypt, nextcloud, ombi and plex will accept this, especially the connection wit LE...)

54 minutes ago, ken-ji said:

The 2nd way which I am using, is to simply disable IPv6 at the Unraid network configuration level.

interesting, keep this in my mind.

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2020 at 4:48 AM, sjaak said:

the problem is not the letsencrypt container. i changed the network from "proxynet" to br0, at first i didn't get a ipv6 address, after putting the extra parameters "--sysctl net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=0 --sysctl net.ipv6.conf.eth0.use_tempaddr=2" letsencrypt got a ipv6 address (but its is not visible in the DHCP6 server leases. tested inside the console of the container: ping6 google.com works, i can use its ipv6 address to gain access to its interface.

so, br0 works fine, but every 'custom network' inside docker isn't working with ipv6...

How do you set the newtork to br0, is that the "host" driver? 

Edited by sgt_spike
25 minutes ago, sgt_spike said:

How do you set the newtork to br0, is that the "host" driver? 

Br0 is a 'custom' network. (br0 is in the same network as unraid)

it will be there is you enable 'network bridging' in the network settings.

but, currently i have disabled IPv6 on the network, i had to much trouble with Geo location..

41 minutes ago, sjaak said:

Br0 is a 'custom' network. (br0 is in the same network as unraid)

it will be there is you enable 'network bridging' in the network settings.

but, currently i have disabled IPv6 on the network, i had to much trouble with Geo location..

So select the "bridge" option in letsencrypt docker settings?  Inspecting the bridge driver, enable IPv6 is set to false.  How do I change that to true?

Edited by sgt_spike
33 minutes ago, sgt_spike said:

So select the "bridge" option in letsencrypt docker settings?  Inspecting the bridge driver, enable IPv6 is set to false.  How do I change that to true?

no, you have to enable 'network bridging' in the network setting of unraid itself. then after doing that, under the dockercontainer setting 'network type' Custom : br0

i didn't got Letsencrypt fully working with ipv6...

1 minute ago, sjaak said:

no, you have to enable 'network bridging' in the network setting of unraid itself. then after doing that, under the dockercontainer setting 'network type' Custom : br0

i didn't got Letsencrypt fully working with ipv6...

bridge.png.2d8741b67009839fd156566cbd13c8c2.png

docker.png.14e51bedbff2bcd031b91e1bbe9ae1c1.png

I have the bridge enabled but no br0 option in the docker container settings

5 minutes ago, sgt_spike said:

bridge.png.2d8741b67009839fd156566cbd13c8c2.png

docker.png.14e51bedbff2bcd031b91e1bbe9ae1c1.png

I have the bridge enabled but no br0 option in the docker container settings

what are those backnet and backnetipv6 networks?

settings > network settings

settings > docker (Advanced View enabled)

note; i dont have IPv6 anymore, maybe it better to continue in you own topic ;)'

24 minutes ago, sjaak said:

what are those backnet and backnetipv6 networks?

settings > network settings

settings > docker (Advanced View enabled)

note; i dont have IPv6 anymore, maybe it better to continue in you own topic ;)'

Those are custom networks I created.  The bacnet was my original one I've been using for hosting.  I created it following spaceinvader's video.  The bacnetipv6 is the one I created trying to get ipv6 to work with letsencrypt.  BTW according to linuxserver.io, they haven't tested ipv6 with letsencrypt.  So I'm having a go at it.  I need lots of luck because my networking skills are so so.

• 3 months later...

i am gonna kick this topic back in life now i switched from ISP. now i have IPv6 direct from the isp.

OPNsense works fine with ipv6. unraid still is that great, when at network settings are set to ipv4 + ipv6 non of my VM's have working ipv6, when set to ipv4 only, the VM's have ipv6 working great!

IPv6 on opnsense is setup with this tutorial (Dutch only): https://blog.firewallonline.nl/how-to-en-tutorials/xs4all-pfsense-opnsense-ipv6/

i have created a new VLAN just for the dockers that need ipv6 access. tested it by using a VM on br0.15 (this is the vlan) it got ipv6 working.

But Docker still wont work with it... i did use the information from the VM (and from my notebook)

rc.docker: no matching subnet for gateway fe80::215:17ff:fe94:d30f

the i change the gateway to the interface gateway (from opnsense) and boom: Docker container swag has made its first ipv6 ping to google.

but now: how do i access from outside unraid to swag (letsencrypt container by LSio) how do i know the correct ipv6 address of the container so i can get access to swag outside my network?

"NetworkSettings": {
            "Bridge": "",
            "SandboxID": "ae4c1ff40daf28532bca0586deaa3fd1044fba9cbe4bd2fe85450dc393460dd0",
            "HairpinMode": false,
            "LinkLocalIPv6Address": "",
            "LinkLocalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
            "Ports": {},
            "SandboxKey": "/var/run/docker/netns/ae4c1ff40daf",
            "SecondaryIPAddresses": null,
            "SecondaryIPv6Addresses": null,
            "EndpointID": "",
            "Gateway": "",
            "GlobalIPv6Address": "",
            "GlobalIPv6PrefixLen": 0,
            "IPAddress": "",
            "IPPrefixLen": 0,
            "IPv6Gateway": "",
            "MacAddress": "",
            "Networks": {
                "br0.15": {
                    "IPAMConfig": {},
                    "Links": null,
                    "Aliases": [
                        "789d53ebe6e6"
                    ],
                    "NetworkID": "ea7948e5ba17ca745a3fe60379a4b72ac2f7c3df899ad900d61ab4dbd0d1375f",
                    "EndpointID": "dbdce97889a72afe09cfc4f6a60f0e0204685ba75dbcb1d57716fd3a304b6318",
                    "Gateway": "10.0.15.1",
                    "IPAddress": "10.0.15.2",
                    "IPPrefixLen": 24,
                    "IPv6Gateway": "2a02:XXXX:XXX6:2:215:17ff:fe94:d30f",
                    "GlobalIPv6Address": "2a02:XXXX:XXX6:2::1",
                    "GlobalIPv6PrefixLen": 64,
                    "MacAddress": "02:42:0a:00:0f:02",
                    "DriverOpts": {}
                }
            }
        }
    }

specs:

Unraid 6.9.0 beta35

ISP: KPN (dutch provider)

router: OPNsense 20.7.4

@bonienl do you have any ideas left??

ipv6br0.15dockersettings.png

ipv6br0.15networksettings.png

ipv6br0.15VM.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i found a way to have some dockers use IPv6 and the VM's.

what i did; unRAID it self is set on IPv4 only, i created i extra Vlan what is using ipv4+ipv6, did manual add this vlan to the docker setting (dhcp pool wasn't detected)

switched the dockers images what need ipv6 to this vlan and boom! its working!

setting unraid to IPv4+IPv6 resulting in no ipv6 on the VM's anymore... docker will work but it isn't always showing ipv6 then...

so, nextcloiud, plex, swag are working fine now :)

funfact; if i use the unraid terminal (or ssh) i can ping and lookup ipv6 addresses, its using the vlan to access ipv6... unraid itself doesn't have a ipv6 address, there is no assignment. command "ifconfig" shows that unraid does have a ipv6 address on that vlan 🤔

Edited by sjaak