ISP blocks port forwarding, but Upnp works?

Hello everyone, 

I am a relatively new unraid user, I've been meaning to build a machine for a long time and finally got the time + money to do it and currently testing on a very old Core 2 Duo Machine until I receive my parts somewhere in the following month if not more.

My question is as following:

My ISP gives me a dynamic IPS just like most people (that's not an issue I can just use DuckDNS or any other service)

The problem is that they also block all port forwarding unless you pay 10$ a month for a business line (Static IP + Ability to Port forward) which honestly doesn't sound like a bad deal.

However, I've noticed that when I turn Upnp on my router, many programs that have the ability to upnp will magically open ports on their own (Like Plex) and when I test these ports, they show as successful on sites such as canyouseeme.org and when I shut down plex, these ports don't show as open anymore.

Here is a screenshot from my router:

It shows that I have two instances running on my 192.168.8.125 which is my unraid box (it shows 2 because I deleted an old plex docker and re-installed new one, router hasn't updated its page yet thats all)

and 1 Instance on my 192.168.8.113 which is my main gaming machine. and these ports actually work.

1233333333.jpg.c257a29a303537acec0de7729b5fd23e.jpg

Untitled.png.d4f8409bfe3138bbb5731e217567f1e1.png

My question is that since UpnP works, are there any docker containers or any plugins that have the ability to do that? Like, I'd really like to setup reverse proxy and Nextcloud and just test many things but not having the ability to manually open ports is very limiting :/

I guess worst case scenario I just suck it up and pay up! 🙂

Edited by thescorpio32

After further tinkering, I discovered that I can use Wireguard instead of OpenVPN since it can open port via UpnP, still struggling with nextcloud through, I installed nextcloudpi by ownyourbits, it has a upnp function but that one for some reason refuses to work, I tried changing port numbers as well, still same issue.