[SOLVED] Dual Parity, both suddenly have read errors

Hi there. I've been notified today that both of my parity drives have errors. Diagnostics attached.

However, I was poking around in my case earlier today dusting and installing a card, so it's possible I've bumped some cables.

I had just installed an NVME-to-PCIe adapter card with an old 250GB Samsung M2 SSD on it, so I'm also wondering maybe if that is conflicting.

Also, I ran a parity check on Tuesday Apr 28th with zero errors. My 10TB Seagates are new as of Black Friday (shucked), and I even pre-cleared them with binhex's docker.

Am I ok to stop the array, disable auto-start, and then shut down and check connections? Thanks for any help!

tower-diagnostics-20200502-1051.zip

Edited by stor44
Solved

Thanks. I've shut down, checked connections, removed the NVME-to-PCIe card (don't need it anyway), and also re-plugged a USB drive that was having issues.

The two parity drives are now showing no errors.

Stupid question, but how do I now write new parity to the parity drives? I've started an array read-check, but it doesn't seem to be writing new parity information.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Dual Parity, both suddenly have read errors