[Support] P3R OpenRGB Controller

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for this plugin! I've been looking for something like this for a while. I however don't fully understand the setup. According to the information provided with the app there should be a "detect devices" options somewhere. I cannot it anywhere?

Attached a screenshot of my current GUI.

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 08.13.57.png

• 3 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 11:16 PM, pimmesz said:

Hi,

Thank you for this plugin! I've been looking for something like this for a while. I however don't fully understand the setup. According to the information provided with the app there should be a "detect devices" options somewhere. I cannot it anywhere?

Attached a screenshot of my current GUI.

Screenshot 2020-05-19 at 08.13.57.png

Hi, Were you able to find out how to use it?

or are there any instructions on how to use it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there,

I'm trying to access the CLI of OpenRGB

I tried opening the console from the docker menu but i can't make it work. Do you have any idea how to make it work?

I want to change the profile from the console (to automate it eventually). I know the CLI exist in OpenRGB, i just don't know how to access it in the docker format

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know where to find instructions on how to get this working with the ASRock motherboards? I noticed that it says there needs to be a kernel patch and that is above my knowledge 😄 so if anyone has an easy idiots guide to get this working please let me know. I'd like to get the RGBs on my memory modules, and CPU fan working right. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Same issue, i have an Asus X570 motherboard. Works fine with the OpenRGB docker. but my HyperX RGB Ram isn't detected.

I tried the "modprobe i2c-piix4" and "inserted acpi_enforce_resources=lax" to the kernel command line, but it doesn't change anything.

Apparently the PIIX4 driver needs to be patched in unraid, when it comes to patching kernel, I don’t feel very confident. if anyone has a guide :x

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

#meetoo 😁

Tried this openrgb docker with my ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) Mobo, "no devices" are found 😞

Tried to add Ich777's patch, still "no devices" are found 🤧

BUT! if I setup a VM running windows and install OpenRGB there, it finds (if I allow QEMU to pass on the Aura USB device to the VM) the Aura device and uses it fully!

So why can a virtual machine access a hardware device that a docker has no access to???

(I like to run the docker because I find it a bit too much to run a complete VM just for some LEDs)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Ran through this recently, saw a post (can't remember which) that mentioned that the container had some configs wrong for USER ID and GROUP ID (both have a 0 as the key value, which is incorrect)

Once I modified them (Go to advanced mode, when editting the container settings) to their proper values (GROUP_ID and USER_ID, respectively) the container identified my devices correctly:

image.png.4f691394211d183e5a13da2a4918bbac.png

image.png.78dc4788bbcf9fd09cbcb92b8b784a5d.png

Also added the different i2c's found using modprobe, like so:

image.png.c708a5d8ca714f9bfd54dc7d78520b74.png

Edited by jemtz
  • 4 months later...