NVME drives show under SCSI Devices, but not in the drop down....

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to get my unRAID server to expose the temperature and SMART capabilities of my ARECA 1883 12 port card by following this thread:

I followed this guide and included the following in my Go file:

#cp /boot/scripts/60-persistent-storage.rules /lib/udev/rules.d
#udevadm control --reload-rules
#udevadm trigger

Upon reboot after having added the above to my Go file the array had stopped because the disks had to be reassigned, no problem and expected as all the SATA and Areca SCSI disks have their serial numbers documented in the GUI and via the Disk Locations plugin. I was able to reassign those no problem.

Now the problem: I have two by NVME SSD's one mounted in an M.2 slot on the motherboard for my pass-through disk for my VM and another NVME disk mounted in a PCIE to M.2 board for my unRAID cache. 

After the reboot after the UDEV utility ran the NVME cards disappeared in the drop down list of available disks and I was unable to reassign the cache drive as it no longer appeared?! They both appear in the SCSI devices list so are still available to the system but are nowhere to be found in the available drop down list.

I found this forum article below that describes a similar problem related to the number of pass-through disks for an ARECA card but I am not experiencing this issue as all my pass-through disks are present.

This is unexpected behaviour; has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks,

Enver

Edited by Enver