Unwanted disk mounting & docker file storage behavior

When did the ability to create my own directory under /mnt (/mnt/docker-appdata/data) become a forbidden mount point for the docker data area?  I needed to shut down my dockers so that I could replace the drive the data is stored on (usually mounted under /mnt/docker-appdata/ with the data directory located in the root of that particular drive).  When I tried to turn dockers back on, that directory ends up turning red, and then the system says that I need to enter it in the format required.  This has always worked in the past, been set up that way on my system since dockers were enabled.  I don't WANT to mount that under /mnt/disks (another issue I have a problem with) and map from there, and I definitely don't want my docker information on the array.

I also have a problem with Unassigned Devices not allowing me to mount new drives wherever I want under /mnt (it forces me to use /mnt/disks), although I had it mounting several drives under the main /mnt directory (and still have 2 that do, unless I try to modify them then my mount points are screwed up).

Is this 'feature' of not allowing me to put stuff where I want able to be disabled, or am I going to have to reconfigure my entire setup because someone else decided they knew better where my stuff should be mounted?