GPU Passthrough VM | failed to find romfile | internal error qemu [SOLVED]

Hi,

For my windows 10 VM everything was working fine with GPU Passthrough until this morning.

Now I get: "internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2020-05-05T07:12:55.651845Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device vfio-pci,host=0000:01:00.0,id=hostdev0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x5,romfile=/mnt/cache/vbios/GP104.rom: failed to find romfile "/mnt/cache/vbios/GP104.rom"

I checked and the file GP104.rom is still in that directory on the cache. The share vbios is set to "Use Cache: Only".

I tried renaming the rom-file (and changing this in the VM-config), but no such luck.

I also tried moving the rom-file to an array disk but I got the same error (except the path of course).

If I boot up using VNC or bare metal it works as expected/before.

So it seems when the VM starts the rom-file is not found even though the file is there.

afbeelding.png.0f3824951ab6254465f583c94fd4a6ff.png

I've tried looking around the forum for solutions, but seems like a lot of people have trouble getting the GPU passthrough to work. Here it worked perfectly the last few days, but somehow I must have done something to mess this up. Any ideas? Much appreciated!

Update: Issue seems solved after redumping the bios and using the new rom-file (which seems identical bitwise). Immediatly after changing the reference to my newly created "gtx.rom" - file the VM booted up without a problem.

Edited by dopray
Solved - Update