Unraid Ver. 6.8.3 - Subsonic Support

My apologies if I am posting this in the wrong section, for some reason I don't have the option to post under the Docker Containers part of the forum.

I am new to unraid and docker in general. I'm just trying to get some services set up that I'm used to using. I have premium subscription to Subsonic and was hoping to get it to run natively on unraid instead of installing a VM to host it. I don't see a docker for subsonic in community applications. I see booksonic but that seems to be geared more towards audiobooks than a large music library. I see on subsonic's support page the option to download a "stand-alone" version and they mention to use that for unraid. However, I'm not exactly sure what the steps are to get a working docker up and running that doesn't install directly from community applications. Are they expecting users to take the files and create their own docker container out of it? If so, I'm sure I could look that up and figure it out, unless someone has quick tips. Even if that is the case, how then would I get it working on unraid? Again, I am new to some of these ideas, so a little guidance would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Did you manage to get Subsonic set up on Unraid? There are apps and containers for Airsonic etc but I'm looking to get Sonos streaming working and it seems like the proper Subsonic app is best for this.

I can see some Dockerhub containers for Subsonic, I'm not sure if I should try to get that working or maybe try for Ubuntu VM.

How did you get on?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I was never able to get Subsonic working on Unraid. I ended up just using the Airsonic container and that seems to work fine for my needs. Not sure how to get Subsonic working though. I would like to since I do have a paid subscription with them. I saw the Subsonic container too but I'm not sure how to get a container that doesn't come from Community Applications to install. Otherwise, VM is the only other way I can see to make it work.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but in case anyone else is asking the same question:

I used the linux.io community template for Airsonic-Advanced and followed Spaceinvader One's awesome videos to the letter. It worked perfectly!

I use it for videos mostly rather than music, so my use case may be atypical but I discovered all kinds of problems with Airsonic-Advanced - share links don't work, video thumbnails are messed up and more.

Then I found Hurricanes' Subsonic Docker on Docker Hub and followed the instructions in this thread:

I found it simple to install and it was a drop-in replacement. (as long as you stop the Airsonic container before starting the Subsonic one!). No changes to the reverse proxy etc.

The Subsonic version may be older but everything works exactly as it should (including my old premium license) with no issues.

Based on this experience, I'd say that when they forked Airsonic from Subsonic, they forked it up! ;) YMMV

If there's a better (more recently maintained) Subsonic Docker image out there, I'd love to know.