Unraid Crashing Every Few Days

Hi All,

I have recently upgraded my unraid server and moved it over to some new hardware, I am now finding the server will crash every few days.

it will start with plex crashing or partially working, then I am unable to load the web gui for unraid or ping it.

The only way to get unraid back up is by doing a hard reset on the server, as I am unable get the gui to load to reboot it or ssh into it.

I setup so I could capture the system logs as I am hoping that will indicate what the issue is?

I have attached the log file that was being sent another server that was capturing the log.

The last crash was around 19:30 on 5/5/20

I am running the following

UNRAID Version: 6.8.3

M/B: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 Version - 

BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Version P4.30. Dated: 11/29/2019

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-9600KF CPU @ 3.70GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Enabled

Cache: 384 KiB, 1536 KiB, 9216 KiB

Memory: 32 GiB DDR4 (max. installable capacity 64 GiB)

Network: bond0: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation, mtu 1500
 eth0: 1000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500
 eth1: 1000 Mbps, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.19.107-Unraid x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.1.1d

Uptime: 0 days, 12:49:27

Plex is in a docker, I have about 12 docker containers running.

If you need any further info please let me know.

Thanks David

All_2020-5-6-8_36_46.csv

currently I have the System running in safe mode and its been online without issue for the last 15 hours and 33 minutes.

I am wondering if one of the plugins is the issue?

in saying that I will leave it in safe mode until it crashes or if it lasts longer than a week then I need to look at what is running on it.

Does anyone know what safe mode disables? 

Just now, David101 said:

Is there a way to find out what plugin could be the issue?

Remove them all, run in normal mode and add them back in batches.

1 minute ago, David101 said:

does it matter long term if I run it in safe mode?

I can't think of a reason, but why not just remove the plugins and run normally if that's what it takes?

7 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

I can't think of a reason, but why not just remove the plugins and run normally if that's what it takes?

Yeah I will do that, was more wondering if it disables anything that I need to have running for it to work correctly or if there is any security or anything it disables, if not then ill leave it for a another day or three and see if it crashes and if it doesn’t then ill remove all the plugins and add them back in batches as you have advised. :) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 9:01 AM, Helmonder said:

Safe mode disables the plugins and does not auto start the array...

Do you have dockers that have their own IP address ?  Your symptoms look exactly like what I had...  For me the system became rock-solid after removing the different IP addresses for the dockers..

Just a bump / affirmation for others trying to diagnose similar freezing issue...

This described mine as well, MEMTEST passed fine, still froze in Safe Mode every 24 to 36 hours, etc.      Saw this, did have 1 docker that had it's own IP, so thought would give it a try, and as Helmonder said....  running rock solid every since!     GREAT BIG thansk Helmonder, was about at wits end, appreciate it greatly!!!!