Updated Plex, now cant connect

Made the decision to upgrade my Plex docker against better judgement, gave me an issue the last time I did it.  I can't access it through the WebUI, configured all of the ports and still nothing. So I decided to delete it and reinstall, same thing no access.  Do I need to delete the folder in appdata as well to fix my issue?

On 4/27/2020 at 9:27 AM, Deazo said:

Hi everyone.

Today I noticed that there was an update available for my Plex docker.

I therefore clicked on it and it generated the following:

image.png.90b16ca56b7c349bc92782c764e94f23.png 

Now Plex does not work and I am not sure what I did wrong and how this happened.

Can anyone assist me please?

EDIT: I actually see an "update" available for all other dockers as well (Sonarr, Deluge, etc.) None of these actually seem to update anything

Thank you

I'm getting the same issue.  This happened the last time I did an update but I don't remember how I got it fixed.  This is giving me the push to switch over to emby, at least when I update it, it still functions.

6 hours ago, afkrejci90 said:

I'm getting the same issue.  This happened the last time I did an update but I don't remember how I got it fixed.  This is giving me the push to switch over to emby, at least when I update it, it still functions.

If you have updates for all containers, but when you update it, it doesn't pull anything, it's usually a networking error or unraid. I know there was a bug in unraid, but that was some versions ago.

Just saying it's not working isn't much help for us. Can't help when we don't know what the error is.

4 hours ago, saarg said:

If you have updates for all containers, but when you update it, it doesn't pull anything, it's usually a networking error or unraid. I know there was a bug in unraid, but that was some versions ago.

Just saying it's not working isn't much help for us. Can't help when we don't know what the error is.

It pulled the update, so its not a network issue.  I deleted the docker and everything in the appdata folder and did a fresh install.  Made sure all of the ports were open and still cannot access the webui or access it through any app.

Edited by afkrejci90
28 minutes ago, afkrejci90 said:

It pulled the update, so its not a network issue.  I deleted the docker and everything in the appdata folder and did a fresh install.  Made sure all of the ports were open and still cannot access the webui or access it through any app.

"Did a fresh install, can't access the gui" you do realize that's like emailing your auto mechanic and saying "I bought a new sedan, it doesn't go. What's the issue?", right? How do you expect us to help you with that little info?

2 hours ago, afkrejci90 said:

I took a look at your post history and it seems you have had other problems with plex. In fact, it seems you started a new thread in General Support just before coming here. But I didn't notice any diagnostics or docker run for us to look at that might have given us some idea what your situation might be.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip file to your NEXT post.

Also, post your docker run command for plex as explained in this very first link in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/?do=findComment&comment=564345

I may have split your posts from here and replies into that this other thread you started if it looks like since your problems may be are unrelated to this docker.

Edited by trurl

*** Shutting down runit daemon (PID 17)...
*** Running /etc/my_init.post_shutdown.d/10_syslog-ng.shutdown...
May 6 14:30:19 unRaid syslog-ng[11]: syslog-ng shutting down; version='3.5.6'

May 6 14:30:19 unRaid syslog-ng[11]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
*** Init system aborted.
*** Killing all processes...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/00_regen_ssh_host_keys.sh...
*** Running /etc/my_init.d/10_syslog-ng.init...
May 6 14:30:22 unRaid syslog-ng[10]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.6'

May 6 14:30:23 unRaid syslog-ng[10]: EOF on control channel, closing connection;
*** Running /etc/rc.local...
*** Booting runit daemon...
*** Runit started as PID 16
May 6 14:30:23 unRaid cron[20]: (CRON) INFO (pidfile fd = 3)
May 6 14:30:23 unRaid cron[20]: (CRON) INFO (Skipping @reboot jobs -- not system startup)
setuser: user plex not found

Here is the log after restarting the docker, its just endless lines of 'setuser: user plex not found'.  Also attached the diagnostic file.

unraid-diagnostics-20200506-1434.zip

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'limetech/plex' 
5dda4f2ad16b2088cd4b0c6fde214529a3f763cb63be0bc6379f7c1b03341949

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Perhaps also unrelated, but why are you still on Unraid 6.7.2?

I just dont open the UI that much unless I update a docker.

21 minutes ago, afkrejci90 said:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='PlexMediaServer' --net='host' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -v '/mnt/user/appdata/PlexMediaServer':'/config':'rw' 'limetech/plex' 
5dda4f2ad16b2088cd4b0c6fde214529a3f763cb63be0bc6379f7c1b03341949

Since that shows you are not even running the linuxserverio plex, but instead running the deprecated limetech plex, I am moving have moved all your posts from this thread and replies, as I mentioned previously. Wait until you see they They have been moved before making any so you can make more replies.

Edited by trurl