moving to new MB set up

Hi. I built my system, it is working decent, but now I am going to swap motherboards and put it all in a new case. 

When I plug in my disks into the new MB, and start up unraid, will unraid see which disk is which and just start up without issue?

Will it do  parity check? I hope not... last one was over 28 hours.

What do I need to do to get it to work when swapping a MB?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Renew said:

When I plug in my disks into the new MB, and start up unraid, will unraid see which disk is which and just start up without issue?

If all you are doing is a motherboard swap and not adding or replacing any disks, you should just be able to attach the disks to the new motherboard SATA ports (or HBA if using one) and the system will just come up normally. 

Since unRAID tracks disks by serial number, the SATA/SAS port to which they are connected is not important unless the reporting of serial numbers is somehow effected.  This can happen sometimes with expanders/backplanes.

The only potential 'gotcha' is if you were passing motherboard devices through to a VM and now those devices have changed with the new motherboard. In this case, you may need to reconfigure the VM(s).

1 hour ago, Renew said:

Thanks! I am building a new computer but using old CPU, RAM and HD's.. getting new MB and case... so it sounds like it will just boot up as  normal from what you are saying. Thanks again!

I have done a full MB/CPU/RAM swap at least four times, and twice into new cases, and unRAID just booted up from the prior configuration with no issues.

• 1 month later...