Plex won't use GPU for Transcode.

Hello, 

I am a novice Unraid user and for the life of me I cannot get Plex to use the GPU for transcoding. I was using a Node 304 case for my server with the P2000 and it worked as it was suppose to and Transcoded just fine. I outgrew that case and recently upgraded to a Define 7 XL. I updraded the motherboard and PSU, but everything else remains the same. I have included screen caps showing the configuration. I really hate asking for help, but I have searched and this has me stumped. Thank you in advance. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

• 2 months later...

I am trying to set up Plex transcoding and having a rough go of it. When Plex goes to transcode, it just hangs. I get this message in my system log <Jul 7 21:48:36 MoreCores kernel: resource sanity check: requesting [mem 0x000c0000-0x000fffff], which spans more than PCI Bus 0000:00 [mem 0x000c0000-0x000dffff window]> and it just won't work. If I find a solution to my problem I'll come back and see if it helps you, or if you found a different solution that might help me....

On 5/5/2020 at 9:08 PM, robbiemwd said:

Hello, 

I am a novice Unraid user and for the life of me I cannot get Plex to use the GPU for transcoding. I was using a Node 304 case for my server with the P2000 and it worked as it was suppose to and Transcoded just fine. I outgrew that case and recently upgraded to a Define 7 XL. I updraded the motherboard and PSU, but everything else remains the same. I have included screen caps showing the configuration. I really hate asking for help, but I have searched and this has me stumped. Thank you in advance. 

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Just want to confirm. In the pic of the docker you have the extra parameter but did you add that via advanced at the top right or did you add it as a variable?

You don't have the `--runtime=nvidia` in the right place. You're passing it as a container env var, which does nothing.

Enabled "advanced view" in the top right, and you'll see a new field called "extra parameters" under WebUI. Enter it there.

image.thumb.png.e7adea4d033efd61c8ca84e684720868.png

Should look like that. Not that `--gpus all` and `--runtime=nvidia` both work.

Edited by lp0101