What's the current way to recover deleted files?

I was using the console in 6.8.3 and accidentally deleted an entire folder of media files.

I immediately stopped the array and started searching these forums and others. Unfortunately there isn't very much recent information about recovering deleted files.

The older posts (10 years old) all reference older non-XFS file systems and their tools.

The newer posts mention XFS but don't provide enough detail or specific tools to use.

The Unraid docs all reference Reiser, not XFS. (https://wiki.unraid.net/index.php?title=FAQ#How_do_I_recover_data_from_an_unRAID_disk.3F)

I know exactly which disk needs the recovery.

Is there a current method of file recovery for XFS file system that you folks would trust?

• 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, Squid said:

You would need to install tcl to get that script to work.  Not sure if it's available in NerdPack or DevPack.  Personally, I'd go with UFS Explorer, although it does cost $

Thanks - UFS Explorer seems to be the answer.  What do I do.  Shut down the server, pull the drive, put it into my windows machine and run UFS Explorer and undelete, put it back into unraid server and start it back up and everything would be fine?  wouldn't parity be messed up?

7 hours ago, BRiT said:

The answer to this is "From your backup(s)".

unraid does not remove the need of backups. If you value your data, have a backup plan to follow.

I agree...  That is the BEST answer...  I guess I'm living on the wild side...  also, not be tired and using "Midnight" commander and messed up a f6 vs f8 function - LoL.

• 8 months later...