[SOLVED] Best way out of this jam

25 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

follow the instructions carefully

Clearing up one more question since I think it may technically have been done out of order. My disk7 was replaced and the new drive placed into the disk7 slot on the Main page prior to starting these instructions but without ever restarting the array anytime after. So there was a replacement in the disk7 slot on Main when the first step "-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply" was run. Could this cause a potential issue?

4 hours ago, skinsvpn said:

I am getting the following error immediately when running the mdcmd cmd

Warning: Division by zero in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/parity.check.tuning/parity.check.tuning.php on line 62

This is a copy from my terminal for what I ran exactly

root@Tower:~# mdcmd set invalidslot 7 29

You can ignore that error.    If you have the parity-check-tuning -plugin installed you will get that message as it gets involved when mdcmd is invoked and it has a tiny bug in that it does a divide at one point without first checking the divisor to be non-Zero (which can be the case if no parity check is currently running).    Other than the false error message there is no other side-effect.

I got a notification that Parity sync / Data rebuild was completed and that Disk 7 has returned to normal operation but disk7 shows as "Unmountable: No file system."

I've read on other posts in similar situations that I may need to run a filesystem check. Would it be correct to Stop the array and run a filesystem check on disk7 while in maintenance mode using the process from the wiki in the link below?

https://wiki.unraid.net/Check_Disk_Filesystems#Checking_and_fixing_drives_in_the_webGui

tower-diagnostics-20200520-0908.zip

Edited by skinsvpn
Left out some important words...