Error 403 with Docker

I seem to be having a problem with my dockers.  Two weeks ago I replaced my cache drive as it appeared it was probably dying.  After replacing the drive, I since then have restored my docker files and did a reinstall of my dockers.  They load up find and run for about a week, then eventually two of them just stop running.  The two are Emby Server and Sonar.  If I try to restart them I get Error 403.  If I try to stop my other two that are running, Jacket and Deluge VPN, I also get error 403.  If I try to stop or reboot my server, it won't as it can't stop the two dockers so I have to do a manual power off.

When I reboot, the dockers work fine for a week, and it happens again.  Prior to replacing the cache drive I also updated to the latest version of unraid from version 6.5 I believe.  I find it hard to believe the problem is with my cache drive or docker...but don't know for sure where the problem lies...

Any suggestions?

Why have you given 50G to your docker image? Have you had problems filling it? 20G is more than enough unless you have some application misconfigured. Making it larger will not help with filling docker image, it will just make it take longer to fill.

You also don't have docker log rotation enabled. But system share is all on cache so that is as it should be.

There is a duplicate share name showing up in your diagnostics. Difficult to see exactly what happens sometimes due to anonymizing, but it looks like it is probably related to your appdata share. And these duplicates are something I see occasionally in diagnostics.

There is a .cfg file on flash in config/shares that looks like it may belong to appdata or something similar anonymized as a-----a(1). The (1) is the reason I say it is a duplicate, because DOS naming conventions don't distinguish case so it gets renamed in diagnostics with the (1) appended. That .cfg file has settings for a share that doesn't actually exist on any disk.

There is another share in diagnostics that does exist, on cache, anonymized as a-----a, but it has no corresponding .cfg file in config/shares.

Take a look at your flash in config/shares and see if you can clear up this mystery.

Also, all your array disks are very full as I'm sure you know.

Nothing obviously related to your stated difficulty though, except the possibility that you have been filling docker image. You might try recreating docker image as 20G just to clean it out, then the Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will reinstall your dockers exactly as they were.

Settings - Docker, Disable. Then you can delete docker image on that same page and change its size to 20G. Also enable docker log rotation. Enable docker and docker image will be recreated with the new settings.

Then go to Apps and use the Previous Apps feature which will reinstall your dockers exactly as they were.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 5/7/2020 at 11:23 PM, trurl said:

Settings - Docker, Disable. Then you can delete docker image on that same page and change its size to 20G. Also enable docker log rotation. Enable docker and docker image will be recreated with the new settings.

Then go to Apps and use the Previous Apps feature which will reinstall your dockers exactly as they were.

This was a great solution to my same problem. I am not sure how the problem occured in the 1st place. But the fixed has fixed it 🙂

• 3 months later...

Previous Apps is all done automatically.  Whenever you install an app (either through CA or Add Container on the docker tab), the xml gets saved.  CA picks that up.  What apps were missing, and were they available within CA?  If the file is corrupted on the flash drive then that particular corrupted xml would not appear

And no there is no way to multi-install anything out side of Previous Apps.  This is because only previous apps installs the PREVIOUS settings you've had on the template.  Everything else is a new install (ie: you've never had them installed / you deleted the saved templates), so a multiple installation will pretty much always fail since you've got to edit all the templates and set up your paths, ports etc.

The system does work 100% as described