docker container access to system /usr/bin

Hey,

Sorry not amazing with linux yet, so I'm building additional grafana dashboards, I'm using typical  telegraf into influxdb with grafana display. I got everything else sorted but wanted to add ipmi stats and nvidia smi. I found thread on ipmitool so added /bin/sh -c 'apk update && apk add ipmitool && telegraf' to post arguments which installs ipmitool within containers /usr/bin as expected but can't get nvidia-smi to work properly.

So I'm thinking it might just be easier to give container access to sytems path directly, but not sure how to accomplish that either :S

So I got nvidia device to pass over into container, but still can't find a way to run nvidia-smi, figured out that I can access it from /rootfs/usr/bin and it lists it using ls but fails to run with error file not found.

/rootfs/usr/bin # ls -la /dev | grep nvidia
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      195, 254 May  8 13:05 nvidia-modeset
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      243,   0 May  8 13:05 nvidia-uvm
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      243,   1 May  8 13:05 nvidia-uvm-tools
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      195,   0 May  8 13:05 nvidia0
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      195, 255 May  8 13:05 nvidiactl
/rootfs/usr/bin # 

Adding a container variable of type path, with container path and host path of /usr/bin (and access mode of read only for security) , would substitute the docker's /usr/bin with unraid's /usr/bin.  However, this would probably have negative consequences.  The files are probably be from different linux distros.  I tried it with a random docker, and it wouldn't even start.