Can't remove old Cache Pool Drive

I recently upgraded from a single 1TB SATA to 2 1TB NVME M.2 SSDs and switched to using a cache pool for my new server upgrade. First I added 1 of the NVME drive's to the cache and it created the cache pool. I waited for the balance to finish and everything looked fine. I then removed the SATA SSD and replaced it with the second of the NVME SSD's and everything rebuilt and seemed fine...

Today I shut down the server and removed the old SATA SSD that was listed in unassigned devices and my cache pool broke. The first drive in the cache shows up as Unmountable: No file system. I started looking around and ultimately decided to just throw the SATA SSD back in as an unassigned device, and voila everything is working again. What the heck is happening? I did initiate a btrfs Balance to see if that fixes it. It is currently running. I don't actually recall a balance happening after replacing the SATA SSD with the second NVME SSD.

Any other thoughts?

image.thumb.png.9698c78894d05c9ec37891d20a259c2a.png

Edited by DDock