Upgraded Cache Drive, Now Unmountable

Hi folks, I followed the steps on this post: 

I stopped the array, selected the new 500 SSD to replace one of my old 120s, started the array.  The stop button greyed out, I waited a while while it rebuilt, and then the stop button became selectable again when it was done.  So that it calculated the new size I stopped and started the array again.  Now that I've done that my Cache pool says it's unmountable.  Doesn't make sense they were all btrfs.

How do I fix this?  I followed the steps.  I need all my data (plex library, etc.)  Thanks!

So I originally had two 120GB SSD and one 500GB M2 in a pool.  I followed procedure above and replaced one of the 120s with a new 500GB SSD I was given.

So that made my new cache the 500GB M2, the 120GB SSD, and the new 500GB SSD.  When I started the array Unraid (6.8.3) reported the remaining 120GB was now unmountable.  

I went ahead and stopped the array, changed the 120GB SSD's slot to None (removing it from the pool since it wasn't mountable anyway), and then started the array.  Things are happy now with just my two 500GBs.  All of my dockers are back, etc.

So I thought that you could upgrade any single device with a bigger one, but the system seemed to not like having that 3rd significantly smaller SSD, despite it being part of the original pool.

I'm glad everything is working again, but I'm curious why this all happened/what went wrong.  Any insights?

Edited by Boldly_Goes