[SOLVED] Unraid just stopped ?

Well i don't know what happened but my UR setup was stable for at least a month and now im facing mayour problems.

I use UR mainly as a file dump server and as a backup reopo for my VEEAM Backup Server. 

I recently switched from a rock solid N40L based system to an ESXi (Plop) based system wich worked like a charm. 

My storage devices are connected to a M1015 HBA (2x 8 TB WD whites , 2x 480 GB Sandisk SSDs , 4x 250 GB Crucial SSDs) wich is passed throgh to the VM (the complete HBA). 

This worked fine till now: 

I know, i know .... UR doesn't "like" support vm based systems!

I need some advice what the heck is goning on here: 

VEEAM alerted me that the backup didn't work. I investigated a bit and eventualy found out that UR was not working right. 

The GUI was still up and runnning and could be used. 

I couldn't acces the server via \\tower\ nor \\192.168.178.3\ (Explorer)

So i tried the obvious and went for a quick reboot; after the reboot i tried to access it again but couldn't...

And on top of this the GUI wasn't showing up either. 

Logging in via the ESXi console was possible and ther was the message to go to UR IP Adress 

I tried this a couple of times (poweroff or reboot via the Shell) but it wouldn't come back to life :/

I looked at the logs but .... linux and me speak very different languages... 

I assume ther is a faulty harddrive in there somewhere (sdh? <--- nice feature woud be to not print out the device name but rather the serialnumer or some other more fedined marker. How should i figure out wich device this refers to when the macine is offline. The GUI does do this so maybe  *hint*) 

Thank you 

tower-diagnostics-20200510-1230.zip

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unraid just stopped ?