SSD cache drive and mover script quirks

There's lots of different advice on what should be on the cache drive. I mainly use the box for torrents and Plex. What should I put there.

It also seems there are lots of ways you ca get tripped up with the mover script. Has anyone got up-to-date tips?

Finally from watching spaceinvaderone videos it seems you should use auto turbo write and trim plugins however there is no turbo write plugin any more.

What do I need to keep in mind before adding my SSD cache?

Turbo write means you typically don't need a cache pool as most of the time it would saturate gigabit bandwidth.

The archaic use of SSD cache pool as write cache is generally no longer a need.

So you will only need an SSD if you want to use it for docker and/or VM.

Make sure to read the help box about what the various Cache settings do and make sure you understand it, especially what would trigger mover run (or not).

It's a common new user mistake to set this wrong based on what the user thinks the settings does instead of reading the Help box.

5 minutes ago, cinereus said:

I'm on 10G.

I was told on the serverbuilds forum that cache is very very useful and I got a free drive so I have it now anyway.

Then keep in mind that there are outstanding performance / unnecessary wear issues with btrfs cache pool so if you can live with it, have a single-drive xfs-formatted cache pool instead.