[SOLVED] asrock b450m + ryzen 5 2400g

hey guys, i'm really new in unraid.

i've tested unraid on my old office pc and it does very well and now i built a new pc but now i have many problems.

i watched videos from spaceinvaderone, how configure a ryzen pc for unraid but my system runs sometimes 2 oder 3 hours and sometimes 1 day but then i cant reach my server. i have to reset manually 😞

svm mode is enabled, iommu is enabled, c state is disabled and i wrote rcu_nocbs=0-7 to syslinux configuration. but it wont still work!

please, help me *cry*

/edit: i don't get a log file because i have to reset my system.

my hardware:

asrock b450m pro4

ryzen 5 2400g 4x3.60 ghz

2x 8gb ddr4-3000 gskill

be quiet! straight power 10 cm 500w

1x hdd parity 2x hdd array

Edited by kl33n

thank you

i checked the ram, there are in slot A2 und B2. In BIOS was DRAM frequency on AUTO (DDR4-2133) but i changed it to DDR4-2933.

and i found a second c-state option.

in CPU Common Options - Global C-State Control is now disabled (was still on AUTO) and in DF Common Options - DF C-State Control was already disabled.

i'll try it!

my last session was about 3h, i took a picture

IMG_2051.jpeg

I have an asus prime b450m / csm  with a 2200g

Beware.  I've done all the hacks, generally I don't have any issues with it, parity check or otherwise.

Under heavy load for a few minutes all the motherboard i/o ports get borked but the cpu is not locked up.

This may or may not cause a unpleasant experience when you shutdown and reboot.

I've had to remove some of my dockers (like sabnzdb) to avoid sustained cpu spikes.

2 minutes ago, kl33n said:

At first I thought I had to change Dram to 2900 MHz, but now I've changed it to 2600 MHz and the server is running all the time.

Yes, like posted in the link above 2666Mhz is the max supported speed for that CPU, anything above that is overclocking and likely to cause issues with Ryzen and Linux.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] asrock b450m + ryzen 5 2400g
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm brand new to Unraid and just setup my first system yesterday on version 6.8.3:

• AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
  • ASRock B450m Pro4 (BIOS 3.90)
  • Corsair LPX 3200MHz 2x8GB (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) running @ 3200MHz with mobo override on XMP setting
  • 2x IronWolf 4TB

Everything seemed happy after building the array with parity and downloading all the basic apps in videos 1,2,3 from SpaceInvaderOne on getting started.

Then I added an unassigned 250GB SSD for running a VM and following all the latest SpaceInvaderOne videos on IOMMU passthrough etc, I tried to get a VM going with PCIe ACS 'Both' to pass a USB hub and eventually a GPU (not yet purchased) and I experienced a lot of system instability. I got a drive 45 write errors to drive 1 (disabled) and the sdd wouldn't mount with re-format. A few minutes later I got errors about unable to write to the unraid flash drive. I panicked and returned the HD for a replacement to Amazon and precleared the SSD and re-mounted it. Then after turning off ACS and just leaving the VM with no passthroughs I am able to make it work, but this defeats the purpose of using my server for a desktop replacement Windows10 with occasional graphic use (I plan to buy a GPU for this).

Do you think this is because I'm running my DRAM at 3200MHz instead of 2666MHz? Or unrelated IOMMU instability...

13 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

First thing would be to try running the RAM at the max officially support speed, without overclocking.

Thank you so much for organizing that information and replying to my thread. This is why I decided to go Unraid vs FreeNAS: The community support.

I guess Ryzen 3 3200g is Zen+ so I'm confused if it falls under the table for Zen1 or Zen2, respectively 2667 or 2933 for 2 sticks of DDR4 in slots 2/4.

Second question is my RAM choice fine as long as I run it at the correct speed?

4 minutes ago, bigbangus said:

I guess Ryzen 3 3200g is Zen+ so I'm confused if it falls under the table for Zen1 or Zen2

Same as 2nd Gen Ryzen CPUs, models 2xxx (not APUs).

5 minutes ago, bigbangus said:

Second question is my RAM choice fine as long as I run it at the correct speed?

Should be.

Thank you. My system now seems stable at 2933MHz. I got everything back up and running with the new disk in the array and was able to HW passthrough USB hub to a Win10 VM succesfully with PCIe ACS set to Both along with the VFIO-PCI CFG plugin. Furthermore I don't see any more errors with flash drive read/write errors.

Looking further, the ASRock website says Picasso (includes Ryzen 3 3200g) should be max 2667MHz for A2/B2 config.... so I may knock it down further just to be sure and comply with this spec.

ASRock B450M Pro4 Specifications

image.png.664b76cb1f817d7edfa2a028ed0afcc8.png

Edited by bigbangus
missing critical info
On 6/4/2020 at 4:13 PM, bigbangus said:

I got everything back up and running with the new disk in the array and was able to HW passthrough USB hub to a Win10 VM succesfully with PCIe ACS set to Both along with the VFIO-PCI CFG plugin. Furthermore I don't see any more errors with flash drive read/write errors.

Does ist run WITH iGPU Passthrough or without?! On my current System, every time i try to passthrough the iGPU of my Ryzen 2400g, he kicks out my USB Controllers, including the one where the unraid-sticks is attached... NOT funny for the first time. a reboot brings everything back to normal. a solution for that USB problem would be great.

On 6/12/2020 at 3:52 AM, Towatai said:

Does ist run WITH iGPU Passthrough or without?! On my current System, every time i try to passthrough the iGPU of my Ryzen 2400g, he kicks out my USB Controllers, including the one where the unraid-sticks is attached... NOT funny for the first time. a reboot brings everything back to normal. a solution for that USB problem would be great.

I've never tried to use the iGPU so I can't say. Although I do have a very particular issue where although my usb hub works, but my bluetooth dongle won't connect to my wahoo bicycle trainer products but will connect to most other devices. This is very frustrating.

Frankly, I'm going to sell my B450M and I've ordered a B550M and getting a Ryzen 5 or 7... so I'll be experiences all kinds of new problems I'm sure. Good luck.