Issues with docker - read only filesystem, containers gone after reboot

Do you have a backup of cache?

45 minutes ago, royalflush5 said:

despite having the files in the appdata share

These may be newly created on the array since cache isn't mounting. Or they will be only partial contents missing anything that was on cache.

Do you have a backup of appdata from the CA Backup plugin?

21 minutes ago, royalflush5 said:

yeah ive got a backup, you think I should wipe the cache and start over?

That would be simplest. Disable dockers and VMs for now since there may be some additional cleanup needed. Just get appdata restored to cache and post new diagnostics.

***EDIT***

If you had anything else besides appdata backed up from cache, then go ahead and restore it too. But leave dockers,VMs disabled.

Your appdata, domains, and system shares are all on the array. Did you restore appdata? Not sure how that works since I have never needed to do it. I would have thought it would restore it to cache since appdata is cache-only.

Ideally you want those shares all on cache and staying on cache so docker/VM performance will not be affected by the slower array, and so docker/VMs won't keep array disks spinning.

Set those shares to cache-prefer, run mover, when it completes post new diagnostics.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Your appdata, domains, and system shares are all on the array. Did you restore appdata? Not sure how that works since I have never needed to do it. I would have thought it would restore it to cache since appdata is cache-only.

Ideally you want those shares all on cache and staying on cache so docker/VM performance will not be affected by the slower array, and so docker/VMs won't keep array disks spinning.

Set those shares to cache-prefer, run mover, when it completes post new diagnostics.

Nah I haven't restored anything yet. Probably just set that years ago and never thought anything about it. Here is the latest

diagnostics-20200512-1432.zip

2 minutes ago, royalflush5 said:

remove the zip for privacys sake

That's OK, but there really wasn't anything there. The Diagnostics are still anonymized, but the mover logging part of the syslog isn't. That part only had a few lines in it that didn't seem very important for privacy in this case.