[Support] FoxxMD - whoogle-search

On 8/26/2021 at 12:02 PM, thunderclap said:

I'm really enjoying this docker but didn't want the configuration accessible in the event some random person stumbled on my subdomain. To hide it create a new variable. (See image attachment.) Then simply change the value to 'true'.

Screenshot 2021-08-26 110150.png

Is this variable working for you?  Once I add the variable, the config option goes away (great!) but when I change the value to false, the conifg is still not displayed.  I've added the variable like you did above, so curious if you're having the same issue I am. I can view the config if I remove the variable.

11 minutes ago, Twinkie0101 said:

Is this variable working for you?  Once I add the variable, the config option goes away (great!) but when I change the value to false, the conifg is still not displayed.  I've added the variable like you did above, so curious if you're having the same issue I am. I can view the config if I remove the variable.

Interesting. I just assumed false would bring it back since it's pretty standard for false to be opposite of true in configs. It looks like you actually have to remove the setting all together. Sorry about that.

1 hour ago, thunderclap said:

Interesting. I just assumed false would bring it back since it's pretty standard for false to be opposite of true in configs. It looks like you actually have to remove the setting all together. Sorry about that.

No worries, I thought the behavior was weird too.  This is still helpful once you get the config changed IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

When running the Fix Problems plugin, Unraid reports an issue with this docker:

"The template URL the author specified is https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xthursdayx/docker-templates/master/xthursdayx/whoogle-search.xml. The template can be updated automatically with the correct URL."

Unfortunately if you click on Fix Problem is says it fixes it but the warning remains.

Edited by thunderclap
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 12:20 PM, thunderclap said:

Woops, sorry about that. Got my containers mixed up. Sorry about that.

Update: So I completely removed xthursday's docker and purged all its files, installed your version and, strangely enough, the same error reappears.

Yep, the issue is due to their being two approved templates for the same image in CA. Squid will have to decide which one to remove, and then you should no longer see this error in the Fix Common Problems plugin. In the meantime, you shouldn't worry about this error as it shouldn't impact your ability to use your Whoogle-search contiainer.

Apologies if you added your template first @FoxxMD. I added mine because I didn't see one in CA and was using Whoogle myself, so I figured I'd share UNRAID my template, but it's possible that you'd already added yours by the time that mine updated in CA. 

Edited by xthursdayx
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, guythnick said:

Just as I posted that, I checked updates and there was one available.  New update has resolved the issue.

Funny…After posting I went into docker hub to get the path to the prior version, and saw the latest update came through “4 minutes ago”. The update fixed it for me, too. Good times

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting a lot of slow responses and timeouts lately for searches.  The docker log is showing many errors that look like the below.  Anyone else having issues recently?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/cachelib/file.py", line 230, in set
fsize = Path(filename).stat().st_size
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/pathlib.py", line 1198, in stat
return self._accessor.stat(self)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/session/2029240f6d1128be89ddc32729463129'
ERROR:app:Exception on /element [GET]
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2446, in wsgi_app
response = self.full_dispatch_request()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1951, in full_dispatch_request
rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1820, in handle_user_exception
reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/_compat.py", line 39, in reraise
raise value
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1949, in full_dispatch_request
rv = self.dispatch_request()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1935, in dispatch_request
return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
File "/whoogle/app/routes.py", line 88, in decorated
os.remove(invalid_session)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/config/session/f3e9e8a510a2a4e8480278de12876f59'
WARNING:root:Exception raised while handling cache file '/config/session/2029240f6d1128be89ddc32729463129'

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 9:00 PM, Twinkie0101 said:

This doesn't seem to work anymore? I set it to true, go to my search page, the config is still there. I've blown away the container and appdata folder, reinstalled and set it to true, same thing. 

EDIT- Tried setting to 1 instead.. still shows the config option. 

Edited by presence06
  • 2 weeks later...

Since upgrading to Unraid 6.10 the Whoogle page loads but when searching I get an Internal Server Error. The log shows:

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/config/session/tmpprxa0fjd.__wz_cache'
May 18 10:12:40.000 [notice] New control connection opened from 127.0.0.1.
May 18 10:12:40.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 0:24 hours, with 5 circuits open. I've sent 84 kB and received 76 kB. I've received 68 connections on IPv4 and 0 on IPv6. I've made 1 connections with IPv4 and 0 with IPv6.
WARNING:root:Exception raised while handling cache file '/config/session/41a78e5f6b9dd9e5d0a12fb33c79d187'
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/cachelib/file.py", line 222, in set
    fd, tmp = tempfile.mkstemp(
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/tempfile.py", line 341, in mkstemp
    return _mkstemp_inner(dir, prefix, suffix, flags, output_type)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/tempfile.py", line 256, in _mkstemp_inner
    fd = _os.open(file, flags, 0o600)

Any ideas how to fix? Looks like a permission issue but I'm not sure how to fix.

22 hours ago, thunderclap said:

Since upgrading to Unraid 6.10 the Whoogle page loads but when searching I get an Internal Server Error. The log shows:

PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/config/session/tmpprxa0fjd.__wz_cache'
May 18 10:12:40.000 [notice] New control connection opened from 127.0.0.1.
May 18 10:12:40.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 0:24 hours, with 5 circuits open. I've sent 84 kB and received 76 kB. I've received 68 connections on IPv4 and 0 on IPv6. I've made 1 connections with IPv4 and 0 with IPv6.
WARNING:root:Exception raised while handling cache file '/config/session/41a78e5f6b9dd9e5d0a12fb33c79d187'
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/cachelib/file.py", line 222, in set
    fd, tmp = tempfile.mkstemp(
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/tempfile.py", line 341, in mkstemp
    return _mkstemp_inner(dir, prefix, suffix, flags, output_type)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/tempfile.py", line 256, in _mkstemp_inner
    fd = _os.open(file, flags, 0o600)

Any ideas how to fix? Looks like a permission issue but I'm not sure how to fix.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, thunderclap said:

That did it, thanks. Wonder why the permissions change -OR- why it wasn't being honored pre-6.10? This was the problem with another docker too. Appreciate the assist.

Nothing to do with 6.10  This is a change in the container a while back

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2022 at 10:17 AM, presence06 said:

This doesn't seem to work anymore? I set it to true, go to my search page, the config is still there. I've blown away the container and appdata folder, reinstalled and set it to true, same thing. 

EDIT- Tried setting to 1 instead.. still shows the config option. 

I am seeing this same behavior.  Did you solve this?