[Support] FoxxMD - whoogle-search

5 minutes ago, presence06 said:

No I haven't.. I had it facing the internet but have since just been using it locally now anyways. I cannot get the config to not show. 

At some point I got it working and not sure what I exactly did.  But simply WHOOGLE_CONFIG_DISABLE set to 1 disables it.  I have nuked the container and tried multiple times and it works.  I know without a doubt I tried this before but dunno

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 12:03 PM, jms2k said:

Sorry for the newb question, but whoogle-search doesn't appear to be in my appdata directory. How do I find where it is installed?

Ignore... I ended up uninstalling completely and reinstalling. Apparently, the original docker was more limited. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi there,

Does anyone from Europe face issues with the GDPR consent since today in Whoogle? No matter what Query I get the consent and none of the buttons work for me.

It is already reported here to the Whoogle project:

https://github.com/benbusby/whoogle-search/issues/1053

But I don't know how to set that cookie or a VPN to outside the EU as workaround if I just installed 

it on unraid using this package?

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I was able to just "Console into" Whoogle and change ~/app/request.py using vi and it works for the moment, however as soon as I upgrade, that file will get overwritten, as it is not on a volume but part of the docker image provided. But maybe this helps other users with the same issue who have Whoogle set as default search on their systems like me.

Edited by gentux
Found a workaround.
  • 6 months later...

Hi All, I’ve been using whoogle through reverse proxy for a while now. Over the last several months, it randomly freezes, and I have to restart the docker. Has anyone else had this issue? There are no errors in the logs. I wonder if a reinstall would help.