USB device ID changing every minute

Hi everybody!

I am trying to passthrough a CC2531 Zigbee USB stick for days now. As you might expect, without any success. My investigations led me to the following problem that might cause the initial problem with passing through the USB device. I am using Unraid 6.8.3

If I do a 'lsusb' to list the USB devices, the Zigbee stick shows up as "Texas Instruments ....." but as you can see from the attached screenshot, the Zigbee stick's device ID constantly changes every minute. The stick itself is plugged in the same USB port the whole time. Sometimes it even looses connection to UnRaid I guess, because it does not show up in the output.

Is there any trick to get UnRaid to not change the device ID every minute? I guess this would help a lot to get the Zigbee stick passed through to my VM or a Docker container in the future.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.:

UnRaid is running on a Asrock J5005-ITX board. I tried multiple of the board's USB ports, 2.0 as well as 3.0 ports, with the same result. Also wanted to pass through the whole PCI controller, but since the board only seems to have one, this is not possible. Even if the output says there are two buses, the Zigbee stick always shows up below bus 001, no matter what USB port I plug it in.

ssh-screenshot.png

• JorgeB locked this topic