which Plex are you supposed to use?

i had to fix my sisters unraid it went complety down  had to fix her hard drive issue etc

now i was reinstalling apps and Plex but which plex media server you supposed to use

i noticed the Orginal Plex Media Server is gone now  even on mine  "PlexMediaServer" by plexinc

but there is likew a few different servers it seems.. one with a Green Thumbs up  

but what are the differences?  i figured there only be 1 server app for unraid..

is there a way you guys can tell me what one to use.. and whats the difference between them all? as then i should uninstall the one i have PlexMediaServer  for a newer one

18 minutes ago, comet424 said:

i was reinstalling apps and Plex but which plex media server you supposed to use

There are three options for Plex Media Server as a docker container.  All provide the same functionality as they package the same Plex Media Server.  The differences relate to how the docker container is put together and a few configuration options.  Another difference is support.

1 - Plex Inc. official container (the one you are using).  Supported through Plex forums and not here in unRAID forums as it is a docker container from Plex Inc. and not the community.

2 - Binhex Plex (two versions; regular and Plex Pass).  Community project supported in these forums

3. Linuxserver Plex (one container for all ways to use Plex). Community project supported in these forums

Again, all leverage the same Plex Medie server but have some minor differences in configuration and implementation and where to seek support

is there one that works when the internet isnt working i find i cant connect  to plex if my internet is down... is any of them able to  ...  or do you need plexpass

and what does the green thumb mean  the recommended version to use?

Edited by comet424