[Plugin] Plex Streams

Can't seem to get this working at all for me, it just says that it's retrieving stream data for ages then says not active streams when there definitely is.

Tried SSL, tried custom server as well as trying the plex token and finding both version of my server (remote and local, tried both) and still the same result every time, so any help would be great. Running Unraid 6.9.2

Thank you :)

Screenshot_4.png

1 hour ago, fearLess said:

Can't seem to get this working at all for me, it just says that it's retrieving stream data for ages then says not active streams when there definitely is.

Tried SSL, tried custom server as well as trying the plex token and finding both version of my server (remote and local, tried both) and still the same result every time, so any help would be great. Running Unraid 6.9.2

Thank you :)

Screenshot_4.png

What of you go to the plex stream tab, do you get anything on that page?

On 6/3/2021 at 6:14 AM, fearLess said:

Sorry for my delayed response, I go on the page and I have nothing too, just "There are currently no active streams"

Have you tried adding your plex server via custom servers field?  Only other person i have had that reported issues, i added the custom field for and it worked just fine.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:19 PM, dorgan said:

Have you tried adding your plex server via custom servers field?  Only other person i have had that reported issues, i added the custom field for and it worked just fine.

I've tried all sorts of configurations using the IPs in the screenshot and nothing seems to register it at all. I do have my plex setup as br0 so im not sure if thats causing an issue

Screenshot_10.png

21 minutes ago, fearLess said:

I've tried all sorts of configurations using the IPs in the screenshot and nothing seems to register it at all. I do have my plex setup as br0 so im not sure if thats causing an issue

Screenshot_10.png

Have you tried the Use SSL Connection option?  If that doesn't work I can send you a url to go to to see what it returns.  Also what version of plex are you using?

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, dirtyofries said:

Installing this plugin makes unraid not save my dashboard configuration. The tiles all move to their default locations. Uninstalling the plugin corrects it.

Is this a known behavior or is there a known fix for it? 

Thanks!

I'll take a look.  The dashboard has been causing some issues.  For now you could always just disable the dashboard widget under settings for the plugin.  Then you would still have access to the plex streams page via the nav.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, dirtyofries said:

Installing this plugin makes unraid not save my dashboard configuration. The tiles all move to their default locations. Uninstalling the plugin corrects it.

Is this a known behavior or is there a known fix for it? 

Thanks!

I have a fix coming for this in the release today.  Are you displaying IPMI sensors on the dashboard?  I have found that was causing issues, so I added some code to correct the issue it was causing, and it seems to be working now with or without displaying IPMI sensors on the dashboard.  A release will be coming soon.

On 6/9/2021 at 5:06 PM, fearLess said:

Screenshot_10.png

I am assuming this never got resolved, just out of curiosity what version of plex are you using.  I am wondering if you are using an older version and something has changed in their api response.

Even with this newest Version, as soon as i will show up Plex Streams on Dashboard, my view get "reseted" every time i'll end and start my browser again. As soon as i deactivate to show in Dashboard i can reorder the Panels and they stay "stable".

For sure the same is valid for the IPMI-Dashboard integration. Therefore i've disabled it too.

Can you maybe take a further look? Can we help to provide Data to analyze this one? Cause i really like to see the current Streams on startup but with messing my preference for dashboard order it's really a mess.

Regards

MoS-tekknix

2 hours ago, MoS-tekknix said:

Even with this newest Version, as soon as i will show up Plex Streams on Dashboard, my view get "reseted" every time i'll end and start my browser again. As soon as i deactivate to show in Dashboard i can reorder the Panels and they stay "stable".

For sure the same is valid for the IPMI-Dashboard integration. Therefore i've disabled it too.

Can you maybe take a further look? Can we help to provide Data to analyze this one? Cause i really like to see the current Streams on startup but with messing my preference for dashboard order it's really a mess.

Regards

MoS-tekknix

What versions of Plex are you running.

I've been messing with this on 6.9.2 as well as 6.10-rc1 and it has been working just fine

Today (or better in the Morning) there was an Update to this PlugIn ready:

Fix file permissions issues

This seems to solve the messy Dashboard View. Have tried to close and open Browser again and again but now it seems to not revert my changes made to the Order.

Thanks for that

MoS-tekknix

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, dorgan said:

What version of Plex are you running?  Male sure your server info hasn't changed and double check settings.

The latest, tried reinstalling the plugin and rebooting, I can tell that the problem I thinks started with tinkering with dns setting (because I have a dns server), but nothing else changed

42 minutes ago, PilaScat said:

The latest, tried reinstalling the plugin and rebooting, I can tell that the problem I thinks started with tinkering with dns setting (because I have a dns server), but nothing else changed

From the error you posted it looks like it's not getting a response from Plex, but a 404 page or some other html page from another system.

ahead, thanks alot for this plugin

may a question about live tv streams

i see a active stream but no details on the dashboard

image.png.aadd59e9ca96df6d669cf67328c9752f.png

while in plex streams tile its detailed there

image.png.410dfd904b9ea45f877b204dcf63fee3.png

possible or not ? couldnt find the limitation about live tv yet

library playback is working fine in dashboard here, just saw live tv not showing details

EDIT. ok, when i readed up now i see its prolly not supported, sorry.

Edited by alturismo
read up