17 hours ago, alturismo said:

ahead, thanks alot for this plugin

may a question about live tv streams

i see a active stream but no details on the dashboard

image.png.aadd59e9ca96df6d669cf67328c9752f.png

while in plex streams tile its detailed there

image.png.410dfd904b9ea45f877b204dcf63fee3.png

possible or not ? couldnt find the limitation about live tv yet

library playback is working fine in dashboard here, just saw live tv not showing details

EDIT. ok, when i readed up now i see its prolly not supported, sorry.

I'll be looking into this as it's not the expected behavior.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

hey dorgan, nice plugin! Found it through a screeny on /datahoaders

I have similar problems as polishprocessors (p7) like I cannot get my server listed.

Getting the token from plex stops the spinning wheel without a server listed; I have it under custom ip with port, tried /web and http.

While signing in on plex I've seen that plex sees my server on zeus.home.arpa, tried it over the corresponding 10.1.30.0/24 network, no dice and still "There are currently no active streams"

> /plugins/plexstreams/getServers.php?useSsl=1

{"serverList":{"XXX":{"Name":"HERMES","Identifier":"XXX","Connections":[null]}}}

I'm stuck, could we look into this? 🤪

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been having trouble lately @dorgan
Sometimes the streams show properly, other times I see double entries.

Today, I noticed that there's definitely streams running, but the plugin isn't picking them up.

In the plugin settings, I removed the token entirely, saved, then grabbed the token again using the "Get Plex Token" button, no problem.

The plugin finds the local IP, External IP, and External Domain name. I select Local IP and Save, and then the entire server gets sluggish.

If I'm quick and refresh the Plex Streams Dashboard or NAV just as I save I can catch active streams, but refreshing again.. the server is still being slow...eventually the page refreshes and I no longer notice a slowdown to the unraid gui, but the streams do not show in the Dashboard or NAV.

Let me know if you need any info from my server to help, if you don't mind helping. Thanks!

1 hour ago, ibphantom said:

Been having trouble lately @dorgan
Sometimes the streams show properly, other times I see double entries.

Today, I noticed that there's definitely streams running, but the plugin isn't picking them up.

In the plugin settings, I removed the token entirely, saved, then grabbed the token again using the "Get Plex Token" button, no problem.

The plugin finds the local IP, External IP, and External Domain name. I select Local IP and Save, and then the entire server gets sluggish.

If I'm quick and refresh the Plex Streams Dashboard or NAV just as I save I can catch active streams, but refreshing again.. the server is still being slow...eventually the page refreshes and I no longer notice a slowdown to the unraid gui, but the streams do not show in the Dashboard or NAV.

Let me know if you need any info from my server to help, if you don't mind helping. Thanks!

Ok yes I can look into this can you please provide the unraid version as well as Plex version on your side.  Also the local IP is that server on your local network or remote VPN?

1 hour ago, dorgan said:

Ok yes I can look into this can you please provide the unraid version as well as Plex version on your side.  Also the local IP is that server on your local network or remote VPN?

Unraid OS: 6.10.2

Plex Version: 4.76.1

The server is on my local network. Unraid is .2 and Plex is .3

I tried SSL versions as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, jgillman said:

Bug report! Seems like the "title" attribute (code here) is leaking when there's HTML in the stream title. I've only been using Plex Streams for a couple days but I would imagine that "stream.title" isn't expected to have HTML in it.

I love being able to see the streams on my dashboard!

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 3.23.12 PM.png

Thanks I'll get this fixed ASAP.

2 hours ago, jgillman said:

Bug report! Seems like the "title" attribute (code here) is leaking when there's HTML in the stream title. I've only been using Plex Streams for a couple days but I would imagine that "stream.title" isn't expected to have HTML in it.

I love being able to see the streams on my dashboard!

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 3.23.12 PM.png

Updated plugin has been released to address this issue.  Sorry I dont use plex for audio too much and there is where the issue occurred.

I have installed this plugin but am having trouble getting it to detect my Plex server.

My server is on a docker VLAN (192.168.3.xxx) and my unRAID server is on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet.

Plex Stream will not detect my server.  When I tell it to get a token, it wants to login to Plex at 192.168.1.10 (my unRAID server IP).

Even if I specify the custom IP:port address of my Plex server (192.168.3.110:32400) nothing happens.

What am I doing incorrectly?

image.thumb.png.8bc0279c095b6a1dda6a5c392fd11918.png

Hi. Thanks for creating this plugin!

It looks like the most recent version of the pluigin has the wrong ownerships set, and is hence changing the ownership of /, /usr, etc to printer:1000 (in my case at least). The result is that things like SSHing into the unraid server with a keyfile no longer work, for example. File ownerships should be root:root (I believe) for / and /usr.

image.png.740d7e0a393c31979c6477173caaada4.png

image.png.6467f2ef6b55b09782e992b1f3198fed.png

A temporary fix (for anyone else who faces this issue) is to run the following commands:

# Don't recursively apply to / because we don't want to clobber permissions on /mnt!!!
chown root:root /
chown root:root -R /usr

Please fix this in the plugin, thanks :)

15 minutes ago, sticklyman said:

It looks like the most recent version of the pluigin has the wrong ownerships set, and is hence changing the ownership of /, /usr, etc to printer:1000 (in my case at least). The result is that things like SSHing into the unraid server with a keyfile no longer work, for example. File ownerships should be root:root (I believe) for / and /usr.

A temporary fix (for anyone else who faces this issue) is to run the following commands:

# Don't recursively apply to / because we don't want to clobber permissions on /mnt!!!

I'll get a fix out for this today

On 8/29/2022 at 11:20 PM, Hoopster said:

I have installed this plugin but am having trouble getting it to detect my Plex server.

My server is on a docker VLAN (192.168.3.xxx) and my unRAID server is on the 192.168.1.xxx subnet.

Plex Stream will not detect my server.  When I tell it to get a token, it wants to login to Plex at 192.168.1.10 (my unRAID server IP).

Even if I specify the custom IP:port address of my Plex server (192.168.3.110:32400) nothing happens.

What am I doing incorrectly?

image.thumb.png.8bc0279c095b6a1dda6a5c392fd11918.png

Yes, you need to login to plex as that's how it gets a token.  It works against plex's apis.

3 hours ago, dorgan said:

Yes, you need to login to plex as that's how it gets a token.  It works against plex's apis.

Yeah, I had tried that via the popup and it got a token but still no server information was populated in Plex Streams after several minutes.  I opened the Plex Web UI first and tried it again and this time it worked.

Thanks.

Just now, Hoopster said:

Yeah, I had tried that via the popup and it got a token but still no server information was populated in Plex Streams after several minutes.  I opened the Plex Web UI first and tried it again and this time it worked.

Thanks.

Once it gets the token you should see it trying to reload the servers list, is that happening?  What browser are you using?  Essentially that servers list is populated by a call to the central plex API, to get the list of servers from them.

16 minutes ago, dorgan said:

Once it gets the token you should see it trying to reload the servers list, is that happening?  What browser are you using?  Essentially that servers list is populated by a call to the central plex API, to get the list of servers from them.

The servers list reload attempt was happening but it was just a never-ending spinning icon.  As mentioned, I tried it again (sign in via Plex Streams pop up) after opening the Plex Web UI and it got a token and populated the server list immediately.

Everything is working as expected now.

4 hours ago, sticklyman said:

Fix is out there for this now.

• 4 weeks later...