[Plugin] Plex Streams

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/24/2024 at 8:57 PM, Pducharme said:

@dorganWould be great to rename to Media Streams and add support for Jellyfin or Emby.   Jellyfin also has some REST API to know what' playin, etc.  You could add tabs in the settings, for each media server.

I love Plex Streams plug-in... it is SOOOOoooooo handy.

I also run Plex and Jellyfin as friends/family have different preferences.

It would be SOOoooooo convenient if this plug-in could also display Jellyfin streams

3 minutes ago, onyxunraid said:

I love Plex Streams plug-in... it is SOOOOoooooo handy.

I also run Plex and Jellyfin as friends/family have different preferences.

It would be SOOoooooo convenient if this plug-in could also display Jellyfin streams

I’ll see what I can do

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 5/10/2024 at 4:41 AM, ikariwths said:

hello The servers animation just spins and never find the server.it doesnt work even when i put the ip in the Custom Servers field .I am on unraid 6.12.10 and the latest official plex server.

Did you ever get resolution on this, i am having the same issue.. 

• 2 weeks later...

@dorgan This plugin is great but I was wondering if you could add the ability to support multiple servers with different logins. Right now I think it supports multiple servers within the same plex token based on looking at the getServers function in the common.php file. It would be super cool if you could do this since even tautulli doesn't support this.

On 7/10/2024 at 3:03 PM, dolphins087 said:

@dorgan This plugin is great but I was wondering if you could add the ability to support multiple servers with different logins. Right now I think it supports multiple servers within the same plex token based on looking at the getServers function in the common.php file. It would be super cool if you could do this since even tautulli doesn't support this.

I am planning a rewrite of this plugin, and will add that to the list of support besides also being able to support other media server platforms

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, MowMdown said:

Im bumping this due to the bug where servers do not load on Unraid 6.12.xx.

Any resolution on this issue?

Can you be more specific?  I am running 6.12.11 and have no issues

It doesn't load any servers, there are a couple of people up the page having the same issue.

For example im running plex in host network mode on IP 10.0.0.2 and port 32400 and the picker is just blank, never loads my plex server. It used to work until I upgraded to 6.12.11

(token removed for privacy, it does load a plex token)

image.png.51b42986892fa83e5700868ab3e909d7.png

Edit: Im just wondering if Im missing something obvious?

Edited by MowMdown
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MowMdown said:

It doesn't load any servers, there are a couple of people up the page having the same issue.

For example im running plex in host network mode on IP 10.0.0.2 and port 32400 and the picker is just blank, never loads my plex server. It used to work until I upgraded to 6.12.11

(token removed for privacy, it does load a plex token)

image.png.51b42986892fa83e5700868ab3e909d7.png

Edit: Im just wondering if Im missing something obvious?

Can you please share with me the output of https://[unraid_domain][/plugins/plexstreams/getServers.php?useSsl=1

Edited by dorgan
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MowMdown said:

{"serverList":{"2311dbbb86d3f69573340d3a23226a06d2e3e8ad":{"Name":”<redacted>","Identifier":"2311dbbb86d3f69573340d3a23226a06d2e3e8ad","Connections":[]}}}

OK and what is the output of:
https://[unraid_domain]/plugins/plexstreams/getServers.php

Edited by dorgan

It outputs the same thing.

{"serverList":{"2311dbbb86d3f69573340d3a23226a06d2e3e8ad":{"Name":"<redacted>","Identifier":"2311dbbb86d3f69573340d3a23226a06d2e3e8ad","Connections":[]}}}

also in plex, the secure connections setting is set to “preferred”

image.png.0085d9a743e155fd49db49a99affac44.png

Edited by MowMdown
10 hours ago, MowMdown said:

It outputs the same thing.

{"serverList":{"2311dbbb86d3f69573340d3a23226a06d2e3e8ad":{"Name":"<redacted>","Identifier":"2311dbbb86d3f69573340d3a23226a06d2e3e8ad","Connections":[]}}}

also in plex, the secure connections setting is set to “preferred”

image.png.0085d9a743e155fd49db49a99affac44.png

OK i believe I've tracked down what causes this, and from what I can tell its when you do not have remote access enabled.  Can you please confirm you have remote access disabled? And if so, you will need to manually put the IP address:port in the custom servers box.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, dorgan said:

OK i believe I've tracked down what causes this, and from what I can tell its when you do not have remote access enabled.  Can you please confirm you have remote access disabled? And if so, you will need to manually put the IP address:port in the custom servers box.

Edit: That was it, it's not plex's remote access, it's the Unraid Connect Plugin remote access... Disabling this fixes it.

It works just fine when unraid connect remote access is set to disabled.

Edited by MowMdown
1 hour ago, MowMdown said:

Edit: That was it, it's not plex's remote access, it's the Unraid Connect Plugin remote access... Disabling this fixes it.

It works just fine when unraid connect remote access is set to disabled.

Hmmmm the two should have zero to do with each other….

I never touched plex's remote access, I left that alone as enabled.

As soon as I disabled unraid connect remote access, it started working and my plex server popped up in the plex streams plugin... I've since re-enabled unraid connect remote access and it's still working.

Placebo maybe? who knows. It's working again so if it stops working, ill repeat what I did and see if that fixes it or not.

Edited by MowMdown
  • 1 month later...
On 8/8/2024 at 3:23 PM, dorgan said:

Hmmmm the two should have zero to do with each other….

I'm having the same issue (no servers found), and disabling/enabling Unraid Connect or Plex Remote Access changes nothing for me.

Edited by Tethgar