Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

What weird things are you seeing?

What is 'crashing' in UD?

UD manages mounting/unmounting remote shares and displays some status on the UD web page.  It has no active role in the remote share operation once it is mounted.

Is there any chance you are mounting the device with UD and the docker container?

I'm sorry if im not explaining this clear. I'm new to Unraid and to Docker.

So i have my NAS mounted using UD, Source being //Data01/Movies and the mount point is DATA01_Movies. I have created a link in my docker-compose file to use the mount point ( mnt/remotes/DATA01_Movies) and create a link to a folder called /movies. Which is then linked to Radarr docker app. All works fine but then all sudden it radarr will say the /movies is unavailable. I go into unraid go to Main tab and UD it will say the mounts are online but if i click on it , this will error out also at that point if i go to mnt/remotes/DATA01_Movies. That will be just spin and spin aswell and timeout.

I rebooted the server and one of my Unassigned NVME drives that I used to house a VM is not mounting. Under Historical Devices, the same drive is listed however the Mount Point seems to be different. I don't recall how it was previously but currently the Historical Devices mount point was "VM" and the current one is "nvme0n1".

Right now there's only an option to Format or Preclear the drive. I'm not quite sure how to change the mount point or to have it read that drive again.

Mount Point.png

4 hours ago, insomniak said:

I rebooted the server and one of my Unassigned NVME drives that I used to house a VM is not mounting. Under Historical Devices, the same drive is listed however the Mount Point seems to be different. I don't recall how it was previously but currently the Historical Devices mount point was "VM" and the current one is "nvme0n1".

Right now there's only an option to Format or Preclear the drive. I'm not quite sure how to change the mount point or to have it read that drive again.

Mount Point.png

Click on the double arrow icon in the upper right of UD and see if the drive is recognized again.  If that doesn't work, check your drive seating in he socket.

Hi guys, I've searched but I haven't found the solution. I have some disks connected internally (not's USB) to unassigned devices.
I need to run a script to mount, backup, unmount. I use CA Scrips Users. I'm trying to do this:

LABEL="4TB"
SERIAL="01056498A"

if [ ! -d "/mnt/disks/${LABEL}" ]; then
     DISK_MOUNT="ls -l /dev/disk/by-id/ | grep '${SERIAL}' | head -1 | tail -c4"
     DEVICE="${DISK_MOUNT}1"
     mkdir "/mnt/disks/${LABEL}"
     /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned mount "/dev/${DEVICE}"
fi

On the command line, it identifies the sdX drive (ls -l /dev/disk/by-id/ | grep '${SERIAL}' | head -1 | tail -c4), but in the script it doesn't save to the variable. The variable's output is the command itself, that is, it doesn't execute, it just saves the variable as text.

I just need to identify the sdX according to the device serial.
I can't use a fixed sdX because when I restart Unraid it might change the sdX.

Can you help me? Tks
Forgive my english.

15 minutes ago, trurl said:

There is already an example backup script on the first page of this thread. And UD can automatically mount a disk, and automatically run a script when a disk is mounted.

Yes, I saw this script. But my device will not be plugged into USB to mount when connecting. It is already connected inside the case via SATA cable.

I need creat a script in CA User Scripts and Scheduled, but i need mount the device with this command that i said.

2 minutes ago, Braulio said:

Yes, I saw this script. But my device will not be plugged into USB to mount when connecting. It is already connected inside the case via SATA cable.

I need creat a script in CA User Scripts and Scheduled, but i need mount the device with this command that i said.

Click on the Help icon when on the UD page and read about how to mount a UD disk using the devX designation in Unraid 6.9.

3 hours ago, Braulio said:

I haven't found this option in CA User Scripts.

CA.jpg

You create a script in User Scripts and put the disk mount command in the script at the beginning.

/usr/local/sbin/rc.unassigned mount /dev/devX

The devX is the device name in the UD page. If the device name is 'Dev 1', then use dev1 as the device to mount.

Any good way of diagnosing speed issues with SMB mounted shares? I have a remote SMB share on my cloud server that I transfer large files from to my unraid. If I browse the share directly from my windows machine and copy a file from it to that machine, I saturate my incoming bandwidth (300mbps, the server's upload is much greater). I can also verify this amount of bandwidth between the 2 machines using iperf3.

However, if I copy from the remote share in unraid (either directly in unraid, using "rsync -ahP" to watch the speed, or by sharing the mount and copying in Windows), I only get about 5MB/s average, or 40mbps. What should I look at next?

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

You create a script in User Scripts and put the disk mount command in the script at the beginning.

/usr/local/sbin/rc.unassigned mount /dev/devX

The devX is the device name in the UD page. If the device name is 'Dev 1', then use dev1 as the device to mount.

This is my original post. What you told me to do is the problem. I'm asking for a solution lol

Hi guys, I've searched but I haven't found the solution. I have some disks connected internally (not's USB) to unassigned devices.
I need to run a script to mount, backup, unmount. I use CA Scrips Users. I'm trying to do this:

LABEL="4TB"
SERIAL="01056498A"

DEVICE="${DISK_MOUNT}1"
     /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned mount "/dev/${DEVICE}"
fi

On the command line, it identifies the sdX drive (ls -l /dev/disk/by-id/ | grep '${SERIAL}' | head -1 | tail -c4), but in the script it doesn't save to the variable. The variable's output is the command itself, that is, it doesn't execute, it just saves the variable as text.

Can you help me? Tks
Forgive my english.

11 minutes ago, Braulio said:

This is my original post. What you told me to do is the problem. I'm asking for a solution lol

Hi guys, I've searched but I haven't found the solution. I have some disks connected internally (not's USB) to unassigned devices.

LABEL="4TB"
SERIAL="01056498A"

DEVICE="${DISK_MOUNT}1"
fi

Can you help me? Tks
Forgive my english.

You don't need to use sdX.  In Unraid 6.9, UD devices are referenced by a devX device nomenclature that does not change on reboot and remains the same for the UD disk even if it is removed and re-installed.  Use that in the command I showed you and UD will mount the device.

18 minutes ago, dlandon said:

You don't need to use sdX.  In Unraid 6.9, UD devices are referenced by a devX device nomenclature that does not change on reboot and remains the same for the UD disk even if it is removed and re-installed.  Use that in the command I showed you and UD will mount the device.

I thought it changed because in another post Space Invader commented that it could change.

So it was easy, the way I'm doing it worked.
Thanks for the information