Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

6 hours ago, muddro said:

Wondering if there is a way, and if not, perhaps this would be a request, but a way to organize or group the drives in UD? Currently running some zpools and would love to group the drives used for a pool together to clean it up a bit and be able to visualize better what goes with what.

There is currently no way to custom organize UD devices, and no plans to do that.

If ZFS is ever included in the base Unraid, zpools would be handled by Unraid.

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

Open the /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices.cfg and look under the device in question and see if the 'command.1' setting shows the proper script file.  Look and see if there any strange entries with either of the scripts.

The label name when running the script is wrong

img.jpg

8 hours ago, Braulio said:

The label name when running the script is wrong

That's the physical disk label.  I can be different than the mount point.  Click on the mount point when the disk is not mounted and the current physical disk label will be shown.  You can then change the mount point and the disk label will be updated.

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

That's the physical disk label.  I can be different than the mount point.  Click on the mount point when the disk is not mounted and the current physical disk label will be shown.  You can then change the mount point and the disk label will be updated.

This's the error, because the mount point is "2TB-CASE-PTA"

img.jpg

5 hours ago, Braulio said:

I recorded the error. Look please.

I see what you are trying to show me.  There are two issues.  One is the label and the other seems to be an incorrect script file being executed.  I can't reproduce either of these issues and it's not been reported by anyone else.  With this limited amount of information, I can't figure anything out yet.

Update UD to the latest version.  Your diagnostics showed you are one version behind.  I don't expect updating UD will fix anything, but I might want to send you a file with some diagnostics so I can get more information on what is happening.  It would be best for you to be on the latest version if I decide to do that.

Hello guys,

Can someone give me a hint what might be the problem on my machine.

So I have around 30 unassigned regular HDDs ranging from 1TB to 16TB.

They are all spread across 4 HBAs and diskspeed docker shows the HBAs are not the bottleneck.

Read speeds are ok, around 150-200MB/s, but write speeds can't exceed 65MB/s ?!

What could be the reason? I have both XFS and NTFS formatted drives, but it's always the same write speed.

These drives are capable of much more than 60MB/s write :(

Again this is outside of the Array.

Also copying between the disks via Krusader or MC is giving the same slow write speed :(

Thanks!

Edited by ToTo
3 minutes ago, Spazhead said:

having an issue with one of my unraid servers, it just started to happen, the display would change between read/write as shown in the file uploaded.  I uninstalled both plugins and reinstalled, and rebooted. still the same.  Does not happen on my other 2 servers

Screen Recording 2021-10-29 at 9.30.16 AM.mov 2.48 MB · 1 download

Does it happen on the 'Main' tab on array disks?

14 hours ago, Spazhead said:

I found out what was causing my issue with the flickering,  If i'm logged into the web gui on 2 diff machines, like on the server it self and on my laptop, if one machine is one i/o and the other is on MB/s, it will flicker between the 2 options.

This is fixed in the next release of UD.

I'm looking to set up an encrypted unassigned device using a USB hard drive.  I want to back up multiple shares with a script.

If I do this, am I able to access and browse the drive from a Windows computer?  Or is it only going to talk to my Unraid box?  The idea is to backup and place offsite and then be able to recover data in the event of a total loss or theft of the main Unraid box.

20 minutes ago, ur6969 said:

I'm looking to set up an encrypted unassigned device using a USB hard drive.  I want to back up multiple shares with a script.

If I do this, am I able to access and browse the drive from a Windows computer?  Or is it only going to talk to my Unraid box?  The idea is to backup and place offsite and then be able to recover data in the event of a total loss or theft of the main Unraid box.

Windows can't natively read Unraid filesystems, encrypted or not. I use NTFS unassigned device for my offsite backups, but not encrypted.