Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

9 hours ago, dlandon said:

No.  Just 'dev1'.  The Unraid page is where you work with UD devices.  Click on the help icon (question mark in the circle) in the upper right of the page.  Do you know how to enable the help in Unraid?883178265_UDHelp.thumb.png.aba472dbeab1679a52c8ae467d815f69.png

@dlandon @wgstarks 

I managed to activate notifications now lol...
Now it worked, thanks everyone for help.

You are sensational!

I'll leave the script for whoever needs it.
It's very easy and simple.

22 hours ago, dlandon said:

Give me the output of this command:

cat /var/state/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices.ini

@dlandon Ok, I have updated UD to 2021.12.07. Warning still pressant. I have uninstalled the Pre Clear Disks plugin, rebooted the server. Warning still pressant. Attached is the "unassigned.devices.ini"  you requested along with a new diagnostics taken post the actions taken described above as well as a scr dump showing the warning. 🙂

issue2.JPG

unassigned.devices.ini serverbrain3-diagnostics-20211208-1049.zip

Edited by mr2web
2 hours ago, mr2web said:

I have updated UD to 2021.12.07. Warning still pressant.

Do the following:

• Copy the attached lib.php file to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php.
  • Click on the double arrows in the upper right corner of the UD GUI.  This will refresh udev.
  • Type this at the command line:
    /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned mount auto

Let me know if this takes care of the warning.

lib.zip

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Do the following:

• Copy the attached lib.php file to /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php.
  • Click on the double arrows in the upper right corner of the UD GUI.  This will refresh udev.
  • Type this at the command line:
    /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned mount auto

Let me know if this takes care of the warning.

lib.zip 18.52 kB · 0 downloads

@dlandon Ok, finally the warning is gone from the main page. It disappeared as I refreshed the udev in step two in your instructions above. Running the mount cmd as you asked its still fine.

Now all three partitions are also visual. Only 1 and 3 was visual earlier.

Well done! :-D

issue_solved1.JPG

Edited by mr2web
Just now, mr2web said:

@dlandon Ok, finally the warning is gone from the main page. It disappeared as I refreshed the udev in step two in your instructions above. Running the mount cmd as you asked its still fine.

Well done! :-D

issue_solved1.JPG

You'll also notice the second partition now shows as a ntfs formatted partition.  It didn't do that before.

Can you post one more diagnostics so I can be sure UD is processing the disk information correctly and another copy of the unassigned.devices.ini?

This is a long standing issue and had nothing to do with any recent changes in UD that I can see.  What is happening is the third partition has no udev information and because UD sees it as part of the unassigned disk, UD was trying to get information from udev.  udev was returning null information and UD didn't handle it well.  The error was on the data, not in a php file.  That's why I was struggling to find the problem.

54 minutes ago, dlandon said:

You'll also notice the second partition now shows as a ntfs formatted partition.  It didn't do that before.

Can you post one more diagnostics so I can be sure UD is processing the disk information correctly and another copy of the unassigned.devices.ini?

This is a long standing issue and had nothing to do with any recent changes in UD that I can see.  What is happening is the third partition has no udev information and because UD sees it as part of the unassigned disk, UD was trying to get information from udev.  udev was returning null information and UD didn't handle it well.  The error was on the data, not in a php file.  That's why I was struggling to find the problem.

@dlandon Ok, here are a new diagnostics as well as a new "unassigned.devices.ini". Let me know if this can be considered as closed as I have another possible issue for u if u like. ;-)

unassigned.devices.ini serverbrain3-diagnostics-20211208-1634.zip

6 minutes ago, dlandon said:

It all looks good.  Yes, I consider this closed.  The fix will be in the next release.

@dlandon WELL DONE!!! 😄

Ok, on to the next one then... 

I did do some rearranging in my array and as I replaced old disks with new ones then zeroed the old ones to then be re-added to the array. Yes, that might seem a bit odd but lets not go into "why". When I added the old disks as unassigned devices to delete the partition on each disk to then pre clear them, prior to re-attaching them to the array, I got an "failure" message in a popup on the main page stating that deleting the partition had failed. But id didn't irl. This behaviour was consistent for each of the two disks when I deleted the old xfs partitions. Unfortunately I have no screen dump from these two messages nor any other documentation on the issue. As I have now reached the maximum of 12 attached storage devices for my PRO license I'm going to have a hard time to test anything at this point. But I thought I let u know at least.   

I've got a crazy scenario playing out after I updated to the latest version last night, 12.7.2021. I cannot reach the unraid GUI after a reboot if I'm on latest. I had to manually delete the plugin and roll back to version 12.6.2021. Best thing is, I cannot diagnose anything as it's not even outputting to syslogs. I get to the Unraid GUI select screen but then the system just hangs after running normally. I can get to the GUI if I boot into safemode aka no plugins loaded. Anyone else experiencing issues like this?

I also rebuilt and checked/repaired the USB drive. The key element that keeps me from getting a clean boot with plugins loaded is the latest unassigned.devices after painfully going through each plugin 1 by 1 :(

First of all, I thank you for the great plugin.

Since last update I cannot mount one of unassigned drive.

The update was on December 7. I think there was another updated I installed but I didn't restart the Unraid Server.

Anyhow, after restart, the drive was not auto-mounted.

This is the log from syslog.

Dec  8 15:16:27 MilkyWay unassigned.devices: Error: Mount point 'vm_storage' - name is reserved, used in the array or by an unassigned device.
Dec  8 15:16:27 MilkyWay unassigned.devices: Disk with serial 'Samsung_SSD_970_EVO_Plus_2TB_S59CNJ0N600161K', mountpoint 'vm_storage' cannot be mounted.

I updated Mount Point name to something different, virtual_machine, vm_image, and so on. But it does not work.

I also tried setting "Legacy Mount Point Compatibility?" to Yes

Any ideas?

FYI, here's what I have.

image.thumb.png.b17a7607ecdf4445c18403aefd2feaec.png

image.png.d878785933fbca74ba7966756f0c7c66.png

image.thumb.png.83758e8f9187bbd626e7f776c126d373.png

8 minutes ago, mihcox said:

After updating to the most current version of unassigned devices, i am unable to boot to gui. Logs posted below. I was able to determine it was this plugin after removing things work as expected, after reinstall no gui open again.

bigrig-diagnostics-20211208-1628.zip 171.22 kB · 0 downloads

Attaching another log after removing the plugin and rebooting, able to access the GUI now without issue.

bigrig-diagnostics-20211208-1637.zip

46 minutes ago, JimmyGerms said:

I've got a crazy scenario playing out after I updated to the latest version last night, 12.7.2021. I cannot reach the unraid GUI after a reboot if I'm on latest. I had to manually delete the plugin and roll back to version 12.6.2021. Best thing is, I cannot diagnose anything as it's not even outputting to syslogs. I get to the Unraid GUI select screen but then the system just hangs after running normally. I can get to the GUI if I boot into safemode aka no plugins loaded. Anyone else experiencing issues like this?

I also rebuilt and checked/repaired the USB drive. The key element that keeps me from getting a clean boot with plugins loaded is the latest unassigned.devices after painfully going through each plugin 1 by 1 :(

Post a screen shot of the unassigned disks after you remove UD.

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Same here, but it's a noticeable difference between those two syslogs (differing in UD installed or not) and is causing slowdowns in booting.  I'm trying to figure out where it's from

Just a thought that the NVIDIA plugin does a download on boot it appears. Other than that, i have rclone plugin installed as well.

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Same here, but it's a noticeable difference between those two syslogs (differing in UD installed or not) and is causing slowdowns in booting.  I'm trying to figure out where it's from

I don't see it in either of my servers.  Isn't vfstp a plugin?