Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

6 hours ago, dlandon said:

Within a few hours.  Working on one other issue.

Work on multiple btrfs device volume can't mount ? ( due to mountpoint_name same as label, as result same mountpoint_name in multiple devices )

image.png.360330d6af5043f108c9f229a762ef2f.png

BTW, I got this problem and can't mount multiple device btrfs volume. I need manual change the mountpoint_name in "/boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices.cfg" so that I can mount the volume.

image.png.1989ba450a5eef13fabbd5a297728045.png

Edited by Vr2Io
4 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

Work on multiple btrfs device volume can't mount ? ( due to mountpoint_name same as label, as result same mountpoint_name in multiple devices )

BTW, I got this problem and can't mount multiple device btrfs volume. I need manual change the mountpoint_name in "/boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices.cfg" so that I can mount the volume.

I also have been experiencing this refusal to mount, since yesterday. I didn't change anything, and I've always been able to just mount/unmount this drive whenever I wanted. I found that stopping the array was enough to get it to mount, rather than rebooting.

7 hours ago, TheJavarian said:

Please do the following:

• Update to the latest UD (2021.12.08).
  • Try to mount the device again.
  • Post diagnostics and the contents of the file /var/state/unassigned.devices/share_names.json.

I've added some information to the log message about the duplicate share name to help find this issue.

14 minutes ago, stev067 said:

I also have been experiencing this refusal to mount, since yesterday. I didn't change anything, and I've always been able to just mount/unmount this drive whenever I wanted. I found that stopping the array was enough to get it to mount, rather than rebooting.

Seems your case just same mountpoint name with array share name, so simple stop array will allow mount it.

@dlandonwhy have such new arrangement in new version UD ?

Edited by Vr2Io
4 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

I don't understand how the pool thing works.  I know there is a scheme to trick UD into doing this.  Can you give e a link to how pool the disks?

Both devices in the pool have the same mount point?  What mount point are you changing?  Why can't you change the mount point with the GUI?

2 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I don't understand how the pool thing works.  I know there is a scheme to trick UD into doing this.  Can you give e a link to how pool the disks?

Both devices in the pool have the same mount point?  What mount point are you changing?  Why can't you change the mount point with the GUI?

I will update and state more detail later.

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I know there is a scheme to trick UD into doing this. 

It's been a while since I did that but no trick was needed, after a pool is created you just mount one of the devices with UD and the others would mount together, in the pool, not UD, with UD you just saw one device mounted, a btrfs pool can be mounted with any of the member devices.

5 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

BTW, I got this problem and can't mount multiple device btrfs volume.

Why not use the multiple pools option in Unraid?

52 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

It's been a while since I did that but no trick was needed, after a pool is created you just mount one of the devices with UD and the others would mount together, in the pool, not UD, with UD you just saw one device mounted, a btrfs pool can be mounted with any of the member devices.

Pool disks would have the same mount point?

3 minutes ago, dlandon said:

What use case do you have where you need UD devices mounted with the array stopped?

The reason list as below

- array / unraid pool in not mount would be some kind of safety.

- I could use un-license Unraid in different machine 🙃 or freely plug those disk/pool in different machine.

24 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Pool disks would have the same mount point?

As JorgeB say, just click "mount" on one of disk in that pool to mount multiple device btrfs pool.

When we change the mount point under UD, all member in that pool will change the mountpoint too.

So new version UD won't mount it as duplicate mount point in different disk. So I need change the mount-point in UD config file, then it can mount again.

image.png.4dc7cc7ca3e25182a18d8d52bf5917bf.png

image.png.4f0b7f87d2351937bbef75f69c5419ff.png

For create multiple device pool, I use Unraid GUI, create the pool then un-assign it and let UD to handle. Thanks.

Edited by Vr2Io