Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

17 hours ago, TODDLT said:

Does anyone know why I would have an unassigned drive show up on the "Dashboard" but not appear in the Unassigned Devices window on the "Main" page.  

Try this:

• Update to the latest UD.  There have been some fixes lately for this issue.
  • If that doesn't work, post your diagnostics

It seems every time I reboot the my unassigned devices change which is Device 1,2,3,4.  I haven't figured out what is driving that but it doesn't appear driven by what port they are connected too because it floats. 

The devX designations will change and are not fixed to a serial number.

Should I just red-x the Historical Drive?

No.  All that will do is remove the settings and not fix this issue at all.

3 hours ago, dlandon said:
  • Update tothe latest UD.  There have been some fixes lately for this issue.
  • If that doesn't work, post your diagnostics

I already upgraded to the latest UD.  No change.

Diagnostics attached.  Thanks for the help!

EDIT - both drives connected to eSata completed zeroing without additional UDMA errors, so I'm assuming it was the bad power cable that fed both of them.

todd-svr-diagnostics-20220127-1006.zip

Edited by TODDLT
1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Show me the output of this command:

cat /usr/local/emhttp/state/devs.ini

EDIT: 

On the below list

Dev 1 is the warm spare (always there)

Dev 2 & 4 are the drives I just pre-cleared

Dev 3 is the backup drive.  It is noted as the "missing dev 2" drive.  Previously it was Dev 2.

["dev1"]
name="dev1"
id="TOSHIBA_HDWG160_81W0A00ZFDQG"
device="sdm"
sectors="11721045168"
sector_size="512"
rotational="1"
spundown="1"
temp="*"
numReads="405"
numWrites="0"
["dev2"]
name="dev2"
id="TOSHIBA_HDWG160_81J0A02MFDQG"
device="sdg"
sectors="11721045168"
sector_size="512"
rotational="1"
spundown="1"
temp="*"
numReads="0"
numWrites="0"
["dev3"]
name="dev3"
id="WDC_WD10EZEX-08WN4A0_WD-WMC6Y0P0XVKR"
device="sdb"
sectors="1953525168"
sector_size="512"
rotational="1"
spundown="1"
temp="*"
numReads="488144"
numWrites="3324"
["dev4"]
name="dev4"
id="TOSHIBA_HDWG160_81F0A00KFDQG"
device="sdf"
sectors="11721045168"
sector_size="512"
rotational="1"
spundown="1"
temp="*"
numReads="0"
numWrites="0"

Edited by TODDLT

The devs.ini does indicate 4 unassigned disks.  The dev2 in the Historical devices is what was assigned that disk the last time UD recognized it and has nothing to do with the current dev2 assignment.  It shows the dev2 when a Disk Name hasn't been assigned.

Try doing this:

Click on the device edit icon (three gears) on the Historical device and set the 'Disk Name:' to something other than the default value showing.  Be sure to click 'Save' to save the new disk name.  Then click on the double arrows on the upper right of the UD page to refresh the configuration and see if that device shows up in UD.

If not, please PM me the output of the following command:

cat /var/state/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices.ini

It's a messy file to post in the forum.

New release of UD:

• Add a link on the UD Settings page to directly go to CA and install UD+.
  • Many issues with logging including erasing logs on every device script call and wrong log file names at times.
  • Some UI cleanups.
  • FIx remote share mounting by insuring the remote server online status is up to date.
  • FIx devices actually installed in UD showing up as Historical devices.
6 hours ago, dlandon said:

New release of UD:

• Add a link on the UD Settings page to directly go to CA and install UD+.
  • Many issues with logging including erasing logs on every device script call and wrong log file names at times.
  • Some UI cleanups.
  • FIx remote share mounting by insuring the remote server online status is up to date.
  • FIx devices actually installed in UD showing up as Historical devices.

This did solve my issue above. Thanks!

Hi,

I have one 3Tb disk in Unassigned Devices.  It has one partition that I have labelled "Local Backups". I have set it to be shared.

When I connect to it via Finder, the folders within show up as in the screenshot.

1810333942_Screenshot2022-01-29at11_17_37.png.c75b87d28a1f95e34d59484041072343.png

Why is this?

The disk is also shown in the second screenshot:

1504969494_Screenshot2022-01-29at11_17_52.thumb.png.7682a01c1ff993c369022a5e9d36bbb6.png

Thanks in advance,

Neil

6 minutes ago, dlandon said:

The is the contents of the disk.  The 'lost+found' folder is probably lost files restored after a disk check.

yes I understand that, but why can’t I access it?  I have several sub folders in the Backup one but can’t access them.  What’s the no entry sign icon for?

surely I should be able to access them via Finder?

1 hour ago, rctneil said:

But this is precisely why I posted asking for help.  To find out why I cannot access it like a regular share.

I'm not a mac person, but you should look at the UD settings.  There is one called enhanced macOS interoperability.  Press the F1 key and read the help text by that setting at it may be that you need to use that setting.

If you don't get anywhere, maybe a mac person can respond as I'm not a mac person.

Has anyone seen this error when trying to mount a share? When I click mount this is the error that returns in the log. Haven't had much luck finding any answers. It started when my server went down hard. My setup is mounting a smb share from Unraid to a QNAP server where I backup all of my docker appdata. I have reinstalled the plugin just to make sure it was not corrupted and still get the same issue. When creating the share Unraid sees the QNAP hostname and share after setting the username/password. I have also rebooted both servers. 

Jan 29 14:28:38 Tower kernel: CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -6
Jan 29 14:28:38 Tower unassigned.devices: SMB 1.0 mount failed: 'Retrying with upper case share name mount error(6): No such device or address Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) and kernel log messages (dmesg) '.

***Update***

It's mounting now. I looked into both my AdGuard setups and it appears it was blocking some DNS. I think this has resolved it for anyone else that runs across this issue. Make sure you go to Filters>Custom filtering rules. Add this line and apply: @@||hostname_of_server_hosting_share^$client='Unraid_IP_Address'

I think this may also be the reason my My Servers and getting a Network error: Failed to Fetch.

Edited by blackbullitt
31 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Also, what are your SMB security settings in UD settings?

I just checked these and enabled enhanced MacOS support.

This now allows me to access the Backups directory.  The lost+found folder i'm not too worried about.  It still has the no entry sign on it and won't let me in.

anyone know why the device scripts no longer work.. when you mount a drive

i have an UD drive   with a script  and when i hit Mount it no longer is doing "Running"     it just sits there

i didnt do a reboot.. and i cant physically remove the drive. . as i doing it from remote location

but i cant get the script to start anymore..  there is an primary script error when i look at the system logs  dunno if the diganostics show anything

mitchsserver-diagnostics-20220131-1210.zip

7 minutes ago, comet424 said:

there is an primary script error when i look at the system logs

I didn't see the error in the log.

The best way to check your script is to mount the drive, then click on the lighting bolt icon and a window will open and your script will be executed.  You can then see if there are any errors and fix them.

I've done some work on the scripts lately and we may have a new bug to squash.

i dont know if it goes with the log?   but in system log  i have a whole of the wrong csrf_token errors

an 20 12:35:23 mitchsserver root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jan 20 12:35:24 mitchsserver root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jan 20 12:35:26 mitchsserver root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jan 20 12:35:29 mitchsserver root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Jan 20 13:08:02 mitchsserver kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Synchronize Cache(10) failed: Result: hostbyte=0x04 driverbyte=0x00
Jan 20 13:08:02 mitchsserver kernel: sd 1:0:0:0: [sdb] Start/Stop Unit failed: Result: hostbyte=0x04 driverbyte=0x00
Jan 25 00:00:52 mitchsserver nginx: 2022/01/25 00:00:52 [error] 26446#26446: *680474 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.47, server: , request: "POST /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.8", referrer: "http://192.168.1.8/Main"
Jan 25 00:00:52 mitchsserver nginx: 2022/01/25 00:00:52 [error] 26446#26446: *680474 FastCGI sent in stderr: "Primary script unknown" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.0.47, server: , request: "POST /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "192.168.1.8", referrer: "http://192.168.1.8/Main

error i get is

Moving Download Files To SSD...
mv: inter-device move failed: '/mnt/user/documents/transfer' to '/mnt/disks/transport/documents/transfer'; unable to remove target: Directory not empty

ill probably do a reboot later