Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

1 hour ago, Zonediver said:

Sure (?) Why should it be unmounted???

Just wondering.  What does the s3 sleep expect of the drives?  No file activity, or all disks in standby?  I don't use the s3 sleep but from what I remember, it wants all the disks to be spun down.

1 hour ago, Zonediver said:

It seems this plugin is confused as soon as a second UD is installed...

Adding a second drive to UD shouldn't cause this kind of issue.  If it is added and not mounted UD does nothing but show status it gets from udev.  Not sure how that would cause this issue.

Unraid does do some monitoring of the disk in the background like read smart info.  Because the SSD is never spun down, it will continue to check smart info.

Is there an s3 sleep log or some diagnostics on why it won't sleep?  

10 minutes ago, comet424 said:

i use 2 SSDs  labeled   transport data

You can't have both of those disks labeled the same as 'transport data'.  They each need a unique name.

Unmount the disk in UD currently, then click on the mount point and change to a different name.  Maybe 'transport data 1', and 'data transport 2'.

Just now, comet424 said:

ah ok.. i can do that i used to have that.. but figured since  both Disks  will never be the computer the same time, wouldnt have mattered.. 

It shouldn't if both aren't mounted at the same time.   In fact UD now checks that a mount point is not duplicated when a disk is mounted and will refuse to mount it if the mount point is already assigned to another disk.

I just found a bug I've fixed that the mount point (share name) was not being checked against the historical devices when you change the mount point.

I don't think we have solved your script failure yet, so keep posting what you find so we can get you fixed.

ah ok  i did rename the   transport data   to transport data 1  

ya her little server  is just a 4 bay.. and she just hot swaps it..  ill re change back to transport data

as it was just less spots to adjust things.. 

but ya never figured out the script error   i did get help from squid to change the  mv   command  as  it doesnt work like what other google searchs say how to use  "mv"  

but ya ill let ya know more errors if i see

ok  so my sisters other server that has  no   UD devices..

i uninstalled your UD  plugin  and reboot

there was no issues.. i then reinstalled UD plugin and Plus and rebooted the server and the dups are back

Feb  3 12:33:06 MitchFlix kernel: BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device /dev/sdg1 devid 1 generation 231175 scanned by udevd (7676)
Feb  3 12:33:06 MitchFlix kernel: BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device /dev/sdb1 devid 1 generation 1578 scanned by udevd (7679)
Feb  3 12:33:06 MitchFlix kernel: BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device /dev/sdf1 devid 1 generation 297306 scanned by udevd (7693)
Feb  3 12:33:06 MitchFlix kernel: BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device /dev/sdd1 devid 1 generation 25146359 scanned by udevd (7692)
Feb  3 12:33:06 MitchFlix kernel: BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device /dev/sdc1 devid 1 generation 23792 scanned by udevd (7677)
Feb  3 12:33:06 MitchFlix kernel: BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device /dev/sde1 devid 1 generation 662400 scanned by udevd (7690)
Feb  3 12:33:06 MitchFlix kernel: BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device /dev/sdh1 devid 1 generation 822267 scanned by udevd (7666)
Feb  3 12:33:06 MitchFlix kernel: BTRFS warning (device <unknown>): duplicate device /dev/sdi1 devid 1 generation 12859 scanned by udevd (7667)

so i looked on her flash drive dunno if it helps  i looked in the plugin directory

mitchflix-diagnostics-20220203-1236.zip

uda.PNG

those 2 drives arent installed anymore nore are in the system or historical... could that be causing the dup issues

Edited by comet424
4 minutes ago, comet424 said:

there was no issues.. i then reinstalled UD plugin and Plus and rebooted the server and the dups are back

If you are talking about the disks on this screen shot, they are different disks with the same mount point (you need to change one to not be a duplicate).  This is correct, they are different disks.

1 hour ago, comet424 said:

mitchserver2.PNG

Due to some recent changes to UD, any disk that is installed in UD will now create an Historical entry for that disk.  Ths was done to track the 'devX' assignment and to allow a duplicate mount point (share name) check so two devices are never mountd with the same mount point.

ah ok  ya no

so the copy you posted  was for  Mitchserver   =  2 UD  drives   and only came up with 1 dup error

now mitchFlix  server   has  0 UD drives    has those multiple Duplicate Errors and the Flash Drive folder i showed of the 2 drives

but what i mean is  the Flash Folder  shows the 2 Drives  i no longer use in that Server

and they are not in the Historical  Part.. as i clicked  X  to remove them a while ago

so for my last post  techincally i shouldnt have those 2 drives in the Folder correct.. because  i dont have any drives in UD  and iv already removed the Historical drives from the gui..

the image you used  is from her other server..

guess i made things confusing  calling one mitchflix and other mitchserver for help 

sorry if i confusing my dislexia doesnt help either.. it all sounds clear in my head but sometimes i screw it up

but in the one post i seperated.  both servers in the same post

mitchserver = 1 dup error  has 2 UD  and has the Historal Drive in the Gui

mitchflix  server = multiple dup errors   has 0 UD and has 0 Historical Drive  and has the 2 drives in the Flash Plugin folder that maybe causing the dup unknow error?

here ill make it clearer  

this one is getting the dup errors   but has 0 historical  0 ud

so i was thinking maybe  the dup error unknown is..  that when i clicked X  to remove teh historical drives.. it never deleted it off the Flash  and the UD plugin is conflicting those files with the whatever.. i didnt delete it off the flash  just incase need it for debugging 

mitchflix server.PNG

uda.PNG

mitchflix-diagnostics-20220203-1306.zip

24 minutes ago, comet424 said:

but what i mean is  the Flash Folder  shows the 2 Drives  i no longer use in that Server

and they are not in the Historical  Part.. as i clicked  X  to remove them a while ago

so for my last post  techincally i shouldnt have those 2 drives in the Folder correct..

Those are script files you once used.  You can remove them.

oh ok... so that blows that idea of the dup uknown error figured that was the issue..  those 2 files

can you see anything in the diagnostics that keeps bringing that error?

ill delete the 2 files and do a reboot

so deleting.. and doing a reboot..  doesnt fix the unknown error.    if there is anything you want me to look for let me know

so from what i noticed.. not sure if it matters?

mitchserver = 1 array drive     ===> 1 duplicate unknown error

mitchflix server = 8 array drives ===>  8 duplicate unknown errors

Edited by comet424
44 minutes ago, comet424 said:

Ill delete the 2 files and do a reboot

so deleting.. and doing a reboot..  doesnt fix the unknown error.    if there is anything you want me to look for let me know

Those files are not used unless the disks are installed in UD.  Rebooting won't fix anything as you have seen.

I still have no idea how UD trying to auto mount disks can cause those log messages.  For the moment, as @JorgeB suggested, they are warnings and can be ignored,

After one of the later updates, adding SMB shares with periods or spaces in their name from a Synology NAS no longer works properly.

It will automatically remove the period and space from the share name, making it then try to connect to a non existant share, resulting in this in samba_mount.cfg:

[//10.10.11.200/90. BagKatalog]
protocol = "SMB"
ip = "10.10.11.200"
path = "90. BagKatalog"
user = "user"
domain = ""
pass = "pass=="
share = "90BagKatalog"
mountpoint = "BagKatalog"
automount = "yes"

[//10.10.11.200/90BagKatalog]
protocol = "SMB"
ip = "10.10.11.200"
path = "90BagKatalog"
user = "user"
domain = ""
pass = "pass=="
share = "90BagKatalog"

image.png.5b724a524680ca33608c260b57d3834a.png

Is added in as:

image.png.4ac9138899af0819685f60fda45b51e0.png

(2nd one is how it's added now, 1st one is how it used to be added)

Still works if manually adding it to .cfg and then refreshing.

I assume it might be the 2022.01.02c update:
Add: Check for safe name whan a SMB/NFS remote share path is added.

This is also "safe"ifying the name of the source share, which makes it not be added correctly, i assume is the case here.

Edited by PeritusTV

while doing some testing today I got a UD message of the form:

Feb 4 17:09:20 DJW-UNRAID-VM1 unassigned.devices: Error: shell_exec(/sbin/mount) took longer than 1s!

It occurred to me that it might not be a bad idea for the message to be enhanced to give some indication of which mount point is taking too long?  In my case I knew which one it had to be but that might not always be the case.

5 minutes ago, itimpi said:

It occurred to me that it might not be a bad idea for the message to be enhanced to give some indication of which mount point is taking too long?

That's not an actual mount of a device.  UD is checking to see that a device is actually mounted.  Go to your command line and type '/sbin/mount' and see how long it is taking.  One second might not be enough.

25 minutes ago, dlandon said:

That's not an actual mount of a device.  UD is checking to see that a device is actually mounted.  Go to your command line and type '/sbin/mount' and see how long it is taking.  One second might not be enough.

In my case it came from a copy of Unraid running in a VM trying to access a share on the host when the host was extremely heavily loaded.   In less stressful situations I do not see that message in the copy of Unraid running in the VM so the one second is long enough.  

Just thought it was worth mentioning in case :( 

The problem with prompting for the password on an encrypted disk is that it cannot always be done from the UI.  If a user clicks the mount button on the UI, it may be possible to prompt at that point, but if a disk is auto mounted, it's difficult to prompt for a password because there is a background script doing the mounting and it is not UI aware.  That's why the password is a configurable setting, so the mount can happen whether or not the UI is running at the time.

Hi,

I'm trying to make an Auto Mount share accessible to my dockers from a 2nd unraid server.

It seems to successfully auto mount and I can browse files from the 2nd unraid server on the main unraid server file browser.

But when I added the path to my docker, it seems like only the top path is visible, I can't see any of the files inside when I try to use the path in the docker.

Any ideas or settings I need to check/double check?

4Capture.JPG

3Capture.JPG

2Capture.JPG

1Capture.JPG

7 hours ago, trurl said:

Access Mode

It's currently read/write. 

I tried 'read/write shared' and got this.

image.png.1954743650d3dd78bc229eef5b53486f.png

Then tried 'read/write slave'. The docker updated OK, but it fails to start.

The other share (which is local to that unraid server, so it's not the same I guess) is set to just read/write. But maybe it's not supposed to be the same when it's a share from a separate unraid server.

Edit:

I should add... maybe this adds an extra level of complication to this setup as well, but the network for this docker, runs through another docker. Like this;

image.png.c98e1896ca65093933aca4eb0179cd03.png

Maybe this will be my limitation :(

As I don't really want to change that.

Edit2:

I can ping it from that Docker tho;

image.png.2ea9bb7b6bee2006b0983104536bf8de.png

image.png.921f05ec86a023e48ab101f5f4f1dab1.png

hmmmm.

Edited by cappapp