Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

2 hours ago, Kimbie said:

I recently upgraded unRaid to 6.9.2 and while that went through fine my remote SMB shares are not mounting, the mount button is there but grey in colour so nothing happens when I click on it.

I have deleted them and recreated the mappings but still the same issue, help is appricated

Thanks

Post a screen shot of the UD page and the diagnostics.

Can anyone recommend a definitive way to hide update notifications for Unassigned Devices along the top banner in the browser?

In Notification settings I've already un-checked all Plugin notifications but this doesn't seem to have had an effect for the notifications from Unassigned Devices.  This plugin is set to auto-update, but more often than not, I fire up the Unraid web UI between updates and  see these banners regularly.

Edited by Espressomatic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When I added a second drive to a 4 bay USB enclosure, something happened and neither drive will mount.  Previously when only 1 drive was in the enclosure, the 1 drive mounted fine.  I have 7 Unassigned Drives connected via the HBA.  The 8th drive was the one in the 4 bay USB 3.0 enclosure.  It was formatted and working fine.  I turned off the enclosure and added a 9th drive.  Now, both drives are listed as Dev 9 and the one that should be Dev 8 has no device label (should be sdaa) and both show the same mount point "tvshows2" which was the mount point for Dev 8 as the new Dev 9 is not formatted and has not been mounted.  This is the entries from the system log.  It looks like the UUID was duplicated and I tried changing the UUID on the settings page but now it's telling me there is a pending log to replay.  xfs_repair has been running for about 2 hours on a 3TB disk, not sure how long I need to let it run.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

1185935453_Screenshot2022-04-18192531.thumb.jpg.b371c7f70d2f918052d3bda6a7e3def4.jpg

logs.txt

3 minutes ago, nerbonne said:

When I added a second drive to a 4 bay USB enclosure, something happened and neither drive will mount.  Previously when only 1 drive was in the enclosure, the 1 drive mounted fine.  I have 7 Unassigned Drives connected via the HBA.  The 8th drive was the one in the 4 bay USB 3.0 enclosure.  It was formatted and working fine.  I turned off the enclosure and added a 9th drive.  Now, both drives are listed as Dev 9 and the one that should be Dev 8 has no device label (should be sdaa) and both show the same mount point "tvshows2" which was the mount point for Dev 8 as the new Dev 9 is not formatted and has not been mounted.  This is the entries from the system log.  It looks like the UUID was duplicated and I tried changing the UUID on the settings page but now it's telling me there is a pending log to replay.  xfs_repair has been running for about 2 hours on a 3TB disk, not sure how long I need to let it run.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

1185935453_Screenshot2022-04-18192531.thumb.jpg.b371c7f70d2f918052d3bda6a7e3def4.jpg

logs.txt 5.13 kB · 0 downloads

Unraid relies on each drive being presented with a unique ID (typically the serial number although this is not mandated).  It looks as though this dock does not do that which is why you are experiencing the symptoms you see.  If so not much you can do except considering using another dock that DOES present each drive to Unraid with a unique ID or just assume you cannot dynamically plug drives into a slot with this dock.

Warning: file_get_contents(/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/EditSettings.page): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/include/Legacy.php on line 18

when I try to change settings for a specific device.

just started happening after updating to 2022.04.18

Edited by sota
20 minutes ago, sota said:

Warning: file_get_contents(/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/EditSettings.page): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.system.temp/include/Legacy.php on line 18

when I try to change settings for a specific device.

just started happening after updating to 2022.04.18

Post your diagnostics.

6 hours ago, Kimbie said:

Please see attached

Your remote server is offline or not responding to a ping:

Apr 18 09:10:35 kimbie-server unassigned.devices: Remote Server 'KIMBIE-NAS01' is offline and share '//KIMBIE-NAS01/Downloads' cannot be mounted.
Apr 18 09:10:35 kimbie-server unassigned.devices: Running device script: 'KIMBIE-NAS01_Downloads.sh' with action 'ERROR_MOUNT'.
Apr 18 09:10:36 kimbie-server unassigned.devices: Mounting Remote Share '//KIMBIE-NAS01/Media'...
Apr 18 09:10:52 kimbie-server unassigned.devices: Remote Server 'KIMBIE-NAS01' is offline and share '//KIMBIE-NAS01/Media' cannot be mounted.

If the server doesn't respond to a ping, UD thinks it is offline.  You can tell on the web page because the ball next to 'SMB' is gray and not green.

FYI, got notified of an upgrade this morning, but receive the following error when trying to upgrade:

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.plg
plugin: downloading: "https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-2022.04.20.tgz" ... done
plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices-2022.04.20.tgz

Tried multiple times, same issue

1 minute ago, DMills said:

FYI, got notified of an upgrade this morning, but receive the following error when trying to upgrade:

plugin: updating: unassigned.devices.plg
plugin: downloading: "https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-2022.04.20.tgz" ... done
plugin: bad file MD5: /boot/config/plugins/unassigned.devices/unassigned.devices-2022.04.20.tgz

Tried multiple times, same issue

Just fixed.  Wait a few minutes and try again.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, dlandon said:

Your remote server is offline or not responding to a ping:

Apr 18 09:10:35 kimbie-server unassigned.devices: Remote Server 'KIMBIE-NAS01' is offline and share '//KIMBIE-NAS01/Downloads' cannot be mounted.
Apr 18 09:10:35 kimbie-server unassigned.devices: Running device script: 'KIMBIE-NAS01_Downloads.sh' with action 'ERROR_MOUNT'.
Apr 18 09:10:36 kimbie-server unassigned.devices: Mounting Remote Share '//KIMBIE-NAS01/Media'...
Apr 18 09:10:52 kimbie-server unassigned.devices: Remote Server 'KIMBIE-NAS01' is offline and share '//KIMBIE-NAS01/Media' cannot be mounted.

If the server doesn't respond to a ping, UD thinks it is offline.  You can tell on the web page because the ball next to 'SMB' is gray and not green.

Thanks for your help I restarted my NAS and was able to remount my disks

Thanks

5 hours ago, dlandon said:

The php warning doesn't make any sense because that is not the file UD is referencing in the settings page.  The warning doesn't prevent UD from working and can be ignored for now.  I'll do some more research and see if I can make sense of it.

I'd appreciate it, as the warning does prevent UD from working.

image.thumb.png.44ca91f06d4f5ceab1afd12cca38635d.png

image.thumb.png.136429e9be8864aae525aa08aafa9e14.png

note: i just got a notification of a new version. applying it now.

eta: applied 2022.04.20 update. now it appears to be working again.

Edited by sota
On 4/18/2022 at 3:33 PM, dlandon said:

This isn't somthing I'd be looking at doing.

Care to elaborate? Is it not as easy to duplicate/modify the code for historical devices? It would seem to me that a simple 'if set to passed through, move to Passed Through section' would work.  Of course it's your code so maybe I don't understand if there's some other issue this might create? I'm sure users that set UD mounted devices to Passed Through for VMs would appreciate this too.

Edited by AgentXXL
38 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

Care to elaborate? Is it not as easy to duplicate/modify the code for historical devices? It would seem to me that a simple 'if set to passed through, move to Passed Through section' would work.  Of course it's your code so maybe I don't understand if there's some other issue this might create? I'm sure users that set UD mounted devices to Passed Through for VMs would appreciate this too.

I would require another table to manage and there is limited space on the UI for another switch to enable/disable the passed through section.

Right now I don't see enough need for this feature.  It is somewhat of a corner case.

• Thanks 1

updated plugin today and now get following error:

Apr 20 16:19:46 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: parse_ini_file(/tmp/unassigned.devices/config/unassigned.devices.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 924

1 minute ago, MyKroFt said:

updated plugin today and now get following error:

Apr 20 16:19:46 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: parse_ini_file(/tmp/unassigned.devices/config/unassigned.devices.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 924

Click on the double arrows on the UD webpage to refresh the configuration.  If that doesn't work, post your diagnostics.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:48 AM, Espressomatic said:

Can anyone recommend a definitive way to hide update notifications for Unassigned Devices along the top banner in the browser?

In Notification settings I've already un-checked all Plugin notifications but this doesn't seem to have had an effect for the notifications from Unassigned Devices.  This plugin is set to auto-update, but more often than not, I fire up the Unraid web UI between updates and  see these banners regularly.

To bump the post, is there a way to suppress plugin update banners?  Thanka

25 minutes ago, unevent said:

That on the radar to add to add at some point?  Thanks

The whole point behind the update banner (which you can easily dismiss for UD if you like) is to let the user know that there is an update available to the plugin whenever you are on the plugin's page.  This is handled outside of the "check for updates" settings, and no notifications are ever sent out by the banner appearing.

This is because as a general rule, the only versions of any random plugin that are actually supported is the latest version.  Otherwise, the first thing on any support question for any plugin the author is immediately going to state "Update the plugin".

If you do decide to dismiss the banner, then the next update to the plugin will trigger another banner to appear.  This is by design.