Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

3 hours ago, Thorsten said:

My second problem is that when I disconnect and reconnect a drive it shows up as an "array" and you can't do anything. Only after a reboot it works.

What version of Unraid?  There is a bug in older versions of Unraid where this would happen.  The "Array" designation shows up because the device designation is "sdj" and not "Dev 2" after being plugged back in.

3 hours ago, Thorsten said:

Only after a reboot it works. Is this correct ?

That's not supposed to happen and has been fixed in 6.10.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

What version of Unraid?  There is a bug in older versions of Unraid where this would happen.  The "Array" designation shows up because the device designation is "sdj" and not "Dev 2" after being plugged back in.

That's not supposed to happen and has been fixed in 6.10.

I use Unraid 6.9.2

Hi all!

Just a doubt: I have to be missing something pretty obvious, but cannot figure it out.

Really new Unraid user here.

Unraid OS Plus 6.9.1

Unassigned Devices, version 2022.04.20. UD is set to auto mount.

Unassigned Devices Plus, version 2021.12.12

I am trying to mount/unmount an exfat formatted micro SD card used in a GoPro, the same way I do with other drives.

In main tab, the sd card is shown, MassStorageClass_0123456789ABCDE, but with the Mount button greyed out.

Thus, not able to explore it there.

However, Krusader docker is able to browse it. 

Although I can successfully access the content, I am wondering if I am doing something wrong because of that disabled Mount button. Also, when I have all the content in the server, not sure how to safely unmount/remove the card... As a result, always reading the drive instead of moving.

I am using a USB card reader for this:

[8086:8c31] 00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI (rev 05)

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Bus 003 Device 003: ID 090c:1000 Silicon Motion, Inc. - Taiwan (formerly Feiya Technology Corp.) Flash Drive

Bus 003 Device 004: ID 0463:ffff MGE UPS Systems UPS

Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Bus 004 Device 002: ID 2357:0601 TP-LINK USB 10/100/1000 LAN

Bus 004 Device 003: ID 2537:1081 UGREEN USB3.0 Card Reader

That group is not passed through.

After enabling the UD logging: 

(....)

unassigned.devices: Adding partition 'sdj1'...

unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted 'sdj1' on '/mnt/disks/UGREEN_MassStorageClass'.

unassigned.devices: Adding SMB share 'UGREEN_MassStorageClass'.

unassigned.devices: Mount drive command: /sbin/mount -t 'exfat' -o rw,noatime,nodiratime,nodev,nosuid,umask=000 '/dev/sdj1' '/mnt/disks/UGREEN_MassStorageClass'

mount.exfat: bad centiseconds count 254

unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted 'sdj1' on '/mnt/disks/UGREEN_MassStorageClass'.

unassigned.devices: Adding SMB share 'UGREEN_MassStorageClass'.

unassigned.devices: Udev: Update udev info for /dev/disk/by-id/usb-UGREEN_MassStorageClass_0123456789ABCDE-0:0-part1.

unassigned.devices: Mount: Received a udev 'add partition'.

unassigned.devices: Processing Hotplug event...

Please, any idea of how to properly manage this sd card? What I am doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance!

7 minutes ago, Vic_ent said:

Please, any idea of how to properly manage this sd card? What I am doing wrong?

Please post your diagnostics and a screen shot of the device on the UD page.

Your explanation doesn't make any sense.  If the 'Mount' button is grayed out, how did you mount the device?

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

Please post your diagnostics and a screen shot of the device on the UD page.

Your explanation doesn't make any sense.  If the 'Mount' button is grayed out, how did you mount the device?

Hi again,

Attached the diagnostics. Also added the screenshot.

Thanks!!

Edit: the device shown with the mount button greyed out is /dev/sdk. The whole SD card is one exfat partition -checked with gparted- so no idea where this sdk partition comes from.

The partition where the data is stored, and which Docker is allowing to browse, is /dev/sdj. This one is not shown in the gui, as it can be seen in the screenshot. But Docker shows it, and I can pull the data from there. I did not manually mount anything.

Captura de Pantalla 2022-05-02 a les 1.14.51.png

talassa-diagnostics-20220502-0122.zip

Edited by Vic_ent
Add more info which could be useful
17 minutes ago, Vic_ent said:

The partition where the data is stored, and which Docker is allowing to browse, is /dev/sdj. This one is not shown in the gui, as it can be seen in the screenshot. But Docker shows it, and I can pull the data from there. I did not manually mount anything.

I'm not sure what you are doing but if UD does not have the disks mounted, you are doing something out of the ordinary and I'm not sure how to help you.  Normally you mount the devices with UD and then access the disks through a samba share or directly on the mount point.

21 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I'm not sure what you are doing but if UD does not have the disks mounted, you are doing something out of the ordinary and I'm not sure how to help you.  Normally you mount the devices with UD and then access the disks through a samba share or directly on the mount point.

What I am trying to do is empty the SD card, moving the data to the server all within the server.

Not smb-sharing anything.

With USB external hard drives, they show in the UD screen when plugged, so I click on mount, then I can start messing with files within the server. When done, unmount. Thanks a lot for the plug-in to do that!

Expecting similar behavior, I do the same here: I insert the card in the USB reader, then plug the reader on the server.

Just that. If any, the settings in the UD is auto-mounting. Not sure if that was the default value for that setting.

When I plug the USB reader, and with all the microSD cards I tried (all used in gopros), I expect to see the exfat partition listed, so I can mount it, and then work with the files.

However, UD screen only shows one partition with a greyed out mount button.

System SCSI devices does show 2 partitions are seen by the OS, as per attached screenshot.

UD does not show the partition which has the data in the drive, and which is shown in the syslog being properly mounted.

On the other hand, the installed Krusader docker shows that partition, and I can deal with the files in there.

2008839592_CapturadePantalla2022-05-02ales2_30_47.png.e44a861fad6868327c8e34c5349dbddb.png

371039350_CapturadePantalla2022-05-02ales2_36_00.thumb.png.06313026e4303dd542ac0e03baa8ff8c.png

Anyway, I will keep using Docker to copy the files, then unplug the drive without safely extracting it.

Will use the laptop or the camera to format or remove files from the card, or whatever is needed.

I thought this was something more evident that it seems to be.

Thanks in any case!

6 hours ago, Vic_ent said:

System SCSI devices does show 2 partitions are seen by the OS, as per attached screenshot.

UD does not show the partition which has the data in the drive, and which is shown in the syslog being properly mounted.

This is only showing the physical device. sdj and sdk. sdk doesnt have a partition.  The card reader shows as two devices and I suspect both show as the same serial number hence why UD maybe thinks there is no partition on sdj.

what output do you get for lsblk -o NAME,KNAME,SERIAL,PATH,VENDOR

1 hour ago, SimonF said:

This is only showing the physical device. sdj and sdk. sdk doesnt have a partition.  The card reader shows as two devices and I suspect both show as the same serial number hence why UD maybe thinks there is no partition on sdj.

what output do you get for lsblk -o NAME,KNAME,SERIAL,PATH,VENDOR

Hi!

Below the output of lsblk:

1438241749_CapturadePantalla2022-05-02ales10_52_46.png.e1b261b466b06a6e6fd2c329822d1abc.png

Thanks a lot for the help!! 

1 hour ago, Vic_ent said:

Hi!

Below the output of lsblk:

1438241749_CapturadePantalla2022-05-02ales10_52_46.png.e1b261b466b06a6e6fd2c329822d1abc.png

Thanks a lot for the help!! 

And lsscsi still shows two devices j & k?

Also are you able to provide results for

udevadm info =q property -n /dev/sdj

udevadm info =q property -n /dev/sdk

I suspect that there is not much that can be done if the serial number is reported the same, other than to use a different reader.

Edited by SimonF
14 hours ago, SimonF said:

And lsscsi still shows two devices j & k?

Also are you able to provide results for

udevadm info =q property -n /dev/sdj

udevadm info =q property -n /dev/sdk

I suspect that there is not much that can be done if the serial number is reported the same, other than to use a different reader.

Hi!

Yes, lsscsi does show both j and k. See below:

486422341_CapturadePantalla2022-05-03ales2_39_57.png.02eda49c3fdd1d6a5ea76b287014a871.png

And also:

2014962232_CapturadePantalla2022-05-03ales2_41_22.thumb.png.9f19804a52b85b6448add248a2c12e86.png

Serial_short is the same while Serial not.

40 minutes ago, qw3r7yju4n said:

Im having an issue with the plugin. It's not correctly mounting one of my 4tb portables. Also, I had passthru enabled on my plex container and it stopped seeing anything in the drives. I have mounted from the mnt/disks directory. Any ideas? I am running RC8

Post a screen shot of the UD page and attach diagnostics to your next post.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

Go to a terminal and give me the outut of the 'mount' command.

Also, please switch to a lighter theme before you post a screen shot.  The dark theme is pretty much impossible to read.

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw,size=16301372k,nr_inodes=4075343,inode64)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=32768k,mode=755,inode64)
/dev/sda1 on /boot type vfat (rw,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0177,dmask=0077,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,flush,errors=remount-ro)
/boot/bzfirmware on /lib/firmware type squashfs (ro,relatime,errors=continue)
overlay on /lib/firmware type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/lib/firmware,upperdir=/var/local/overlay/lib/firmware,workdir=/var/local/overlay-work/lib/firmware)
/boot/bzmodules on /lib/modules type squashfs (ro,relatime,errors=continue)
overlay on /lib/modules type overlay (rw,relatime,lowerdir=/lib/modules,upperdir=/var/local/overlay/lib/modules,workdir=/var/local/overlay-work/lib/modules)
hugetlbfs on /hugetlbfs type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime,pagesize=2M)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=8192k,nr_inodes=4075345,mode=755,inode64)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime,inode64)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
cgroup_root on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=8192k,mode=755,inode64)
cpuset on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuset)
cpu on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpu)
cpuacct on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuacct type cgroup (rw,relatime,cpuacct)
blkio on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,relatime,blkio)
memory on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,relatime,memory)
devices on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,relatime,devices)
freezer on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,relatime,freezer)
net_cls on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls type cgroup (rw,relatime,net_cls)
perf_event on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,relatime,perf_event)
net_prio on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_prio type cgroup (rw,relatime,net_prio)
hugetlb on /sys/fs/cgroup/hugetlb type cgroup (rw,relatime,hugetlb)
pids on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,relatime,pids)
tmpfs on /var/log type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=131072k,mode=755,inode64)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/elogind type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib64/elogind/elogind-cgroups-agent,name=elogind)
rootfs on /mnt type rootfs (rw,size=16301372k,nr_inodes=4075343,inode64)
tmpfs on /mnt/disks type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1024k,inode64)
tmpfs on /mnt/remotes type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1024k,inode64)
tmpfs on /mnt/rootshare type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1024k,inode64)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfs type nfsd (rw,relatime)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw,relatime)
/dev/md1 on /mnt/disk1 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/md2 on /mnt/disk2 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/md3 on /mnt/disk3 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/md4 on /mnt/disk4 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/md5 on /mnt/disk5 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/md6 on /mnt/disk6 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/md7 on /mnt/disk7 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/md8 on /mnt/disk8 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/md9 on /mnt/disk9 type xfs (rw,noatime,nouuid,attr2,inode64,logbufs=8,logbsize=32k,noquota)
/dev/nvme1n1p1 on /mnt/cache type btrfs (rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/)
/dev/nvme0n1p1 on /mnt/cachessd type btrfs (rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/)
shfs on /mnt/user0 type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other)
shfs on /mnt/user type fuse.shfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other)
/dev/sdc1 on /mnt/disks/MyExternalDrive2 type ext4 (rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,nodiratime)
/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img on /var/lib/docker type btrfs (rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/)
/mnt/cache/system/docker/docker.img on /var/lib/docker/btrfs type btrfs (rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/)
/mnt/cache/system/libvirt/libvirt.img on /etc/libvirt type btrfs (rw,noatime,ssd,space_cache=v2,subvolid=5,subvol=/)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/859f02ae151d type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/d8e8aaace50b type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/0a2f1e42b6da type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/907507a848b1 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/04926f824c10 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/1f377bfa6132 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/0ddb2daefe60 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/6fab39c81781 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/default type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/86b2bee2d9db type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/c3f8dabc1b0c type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/498fc56f5976 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/fc0cdf6ffab9 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/47489600d5d9 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/a95873d59614 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/3b513f53a09a type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/ad76fa7d8388 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/4f2a931d061c type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/14ed2d9b3d70 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/34bdb8bff9c4 type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/4394d2b9f56a type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/6dd6e58751cd type nsfs (rw)
nsfs on /run/docker/netns/600cf6eaa870 type nsfs (rw)

20 hours ago, qw3r7yju4n said:

Im having an issue with the plugin. It's not correctly mounting one of my 4tb portables. Also, I had passthru enabled on my plex container and it stopped seeing anything in the drives. I have mounted from the mnt/disks directory. Any ideas? I am running RC8

I see the issue and it will be fixed in the next release.