Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

11 hours ago, dlandon said:

The remote mount is failing when trying to use SMB 2.0:

Jun 17 21:04:01 Tower unassigned.devices: Mount SMB command: /sbin/mount -t 'cifs' -o rw,noserverino,nounix,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,uid=99,gid=100,vers=2.0,credentials='/tmp/unassigned.devices/credentials_memorycard' '//EPSON3640/memorycard' '/mnt/remotes/EPSON3640_memorycard'
Jun 17 21:04:01 Tower kernel: CIFS: Attempting to mount \\EPSON3640\memorycard
Jun 17 21:04:01 Tower kernel: CIFS: Status code returned 0xc000000d STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

When this fails, UD will attempt to use SMB v1.0 to mount the remote share, which is what you have shown in the log snippet.  I'm not sure what the STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER is referring to, but it may be your credentials on the remote server.  I would change the credentials on the remote server and then re-do the UD remote share to match.  Try to not use any special characters.

The share that I was trying to mount uses SMB 1.0 (NetBIOS is enabled on my SMB setting).

I changed the credentials of the share and also tried without any credentials but still unable to mount it and got the same error. :-[

5 minutes ago, skylake said:

The share that I was trying to mount uses SMB 1.0 (NetBIOS is enabled on my SMB setting).

I changed the credentials of the share and also tried without any credentials but still unable to mount it and got the same error. :-[

Nothing has changed in UD with respect to SMB mounts in many releases.  It may have to do with a newer version of samba in 6.10 though.

Have you tried to go back to 6.9 to see if the shares will mount?  Has anything changed on your remote server?

11 minutes ago, skylake said:

I have a server that I can force to be SMB 1.0 only and I can reprodice your issue.  Let me spend some time looking into the issue.  It looks like samba made some additional security changes to SMB 1.0.

35 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I have a server that I can force to be SMB 1.0 only and I can reprodice your issue.  Let me spend some time looking into the issue.  It looks like samba made some additional security changes to SMB 1.0.

Thanks for looking into this. I can confirm that it successfully mount my share on 6.9.2 but not on the new unraid OS 6.10.x. I was thinking that this issue might be tied to the new unraid OS. :-\ 2051985716_2022-06-18181211.png.2bec927143a9372169d046c3a406d9d1.png

tower-diagnostics-20220618-1811.zip

10 hours ago, gleech said:

I checked every disks that won't mount and I can click each one of them without any error.

That means that the code to check for duplicate mount points is working, but there seems to be an issue when mounting the devices.

I can't figure this one out.  The only thing I can suggest for the moment is to reboot to see if that will straighten things out.

I'm still looking into the code, but reading code is not the optimum way to find bugs.  I'd really like to reproduce your issue.

2 hours ago, dlandon said:

That means that the code to check for duplicate mount points is working, but there seems to be an issue when mounting the devices.

I can't figure this one out.  The only thing I can suggest for the moment is to reboot to see if that will straighten things out.

I'm still looking into the code, but reading code is not the optimum way to find bugs.  I'd really like to reproduce your issue.

I found the culprit. For some reason after my update to 6.10.3. Unraid added those disk label that I have on UD as Shares. That must be the duplicate entry on the log. The cctv label auto-mounted because Unraid did not created a Share with the same label, not sure why Unraid left this one. So I removed all the Shares with the same disk label as my UD, rebooted any everything is back to normal.

Thank you for your help.

unraid.jpg

Edited by gleech
1 hour ago, gleech said:

That must be the duplicate entry on the log.

Yes, you can't have an Unraid share and a UD share with the same name.  UD checks when a device is mounted and won't mount if there is a duplicate name.  There are also some reserved names that are checked along with checking other UD names.

I have a drive in UD formatted NTFS and set to automount and share.  During the last boot the drive was disconnected.  After hot plugging the drive, it mounts successfully, and I can browse the files from the GUI.  However, I can't get it to share.

I have tried combinations of replugging the drive, unmounting/remounting, share yes/no, and refreshing the UD disks and configuration.

Any suggestions other than rebooting?

UD 2022.06.19 and Unraid 6.9.2

Thanks

13 minutes ago, aim60 said:

I have a drive in UD formatted NTFS and set to automount and share.  During the last boot the drive was disconnected.  After hot plugging the drive, it mounts successfully, and I can browse the files from the GUI.  However, I can't get it to share.

I have tried combinations of replugging the drive, unmounting/remounting, share yes/no, and refreshing the UD disks and configuration.

Any suggestions other than rebooting?

UD 2022.06.19 and Unraid 6.9.2

Thanks

Check the UD SMB Security settings.  There was a change in the latest release.  The 'No' setting now turns off the SMB sharing instad of sharing public.  The 'Public' setting is the new setting that shares public and does what the 'No' setting used to do.

I have been successfully pre-clearing several disks recently, and after that UD was updated.

Now I try to clear a disk, and when I click Start I only see the three dots pulsating, but the clearing process does not start.

the UD device log and the system log have no (error) message associated with pre-clearing.

Any ideas what I can do to get it to work?

(please don't ask for diagnostics.)

Having an issue with one of my rootshares after updating unraid.

I have two servers, Server and Nas.  Previously I was on RC4.  Both saw each others rootshares via smb.  Rootshares were configured by unassigned plugin.

After updating to 6.10.3 though, my Nas can see my servers rootshare, but my server cant see my Nas rootshare.  I tried deleting the rootshare and making it, and I tried rebooting.  It wouldnt mount it before, but now that its deleted it, its not showing in my list of available shares.  It does show other shares that I can connect to.  I can also still connect to the other shares I need to, its just the rootshare I cant see in the list anymore.

14 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

Having an issue with one of my rootshares after updating unraid.

I have two servers, Server and Nas.  Previously I was on RC4.  Both saw each others rootshares via smb.  Rootshares were configured by unassigned plugin.

After updating to 6.10.3 though, my Nas can see my servers rootshare, but my server cant see my Nas rootshare.  I tried deleting the rootshare and making it, and I tried rebooting.  It wouldnt mount it before, but now that its deleted it, its not showing in my list of available shares.  It does show other shares that I can connect to.  I can also still connect to the other shares I need to, its just the rootshare I cant see in the list anymore.

Check the SMB Security settings in UD settings.  There has been a change in SMB sharing.  'No' used to share public, but now doesn't share at all.  The 'Public' setting is used to share public.

I'm trying to install Unassigned Devices Plus to get exfat support. But when I tell it to install, I get this:

plugin: installing: https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-plus.plg
plugin: downloading https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-plus.plg
plugin: downloading: https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-plus.plg ... done
plugin: downloading: "https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/packages/parted-3.3-x86_64-1.txz" ... failed (Generic error)
plugin: "https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/packages/parted-3.3-x86_64-1.txz" download failure (Generic error)

The referenced URL is available, I've downloaded it directly via my browser to test.

This is on 6.10.2.

33 minutes ago, MoebiusStreet said:

I'm trying to install Unassigned Devices Plus to get exfat support. But when I tell it to install, I get this:

plugin: installing: https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-plus.plg
plugin: downloading https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-plus.plg
plugin: downloading: https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices-plus.plg ... done
plugin: downloading: "https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/packages/parted-3.3-x86_64-1.txz" ... failed (Generic error)
plugin: "https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/packages/parted-3.3-x86_64-1.txz" download failure (Generic error)

The referenced URL is available, I've downloaded it directly via my browser to test.

This is on 6.10.2.

Just removed and re-installed it on my test server.  Worked fine.  It's something with your server.  Flash problem?  Ram memory problem?

9 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Just removed and re-installed it on my test server.  Worked fine.  It's something with your server.  Flash problem?  Ram memory problem?

I just ran a curl from my unraid server, to see what the retrieval from there looks like. The given URL returns a HTTP 302 status, giving an alternate location of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/master/packages/parted-3.3-x86_64-1.txz. Does the plugin installer know how to follow 302s?

As a test, I just successfully installed the Dynamix File Manager plugin.

Anyway, is there a way I can download the pieces myself, and have it install it from a local source? Alternatively, anybody have a suggestion of another way to install exfat support?

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

Check the SMB Security settings in UD settings.  There has been a change in SMB sharing.  'No' used to share public, but now doesn't share at all.  The 'Public' setting is used to share public.

So that allowed me to see it again, but I cant mount it still.  I am getting this error.

Jun 20 14:24:04 9900K kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\NAS1 Send error in SessSetup = -13
Jun 20 14:24:04 9900K kernel: CIFS: VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -13

43 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

So that allowed me to see it again, but I cant mount it still.  I am getting this error.

That doesn't make any sense.  The SMB Security settings only work once a device is mounted.  How did the change allow you to see it?  What did you see?