Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

6 hours ago, dlandon said:

Use UD to check the disk.  Click on the check mark next to the partition.

FS: ntfs

Executing file system check: /bin/ntfsfix -n /dev/sdp1 2>&1

Mounting volume... OK
Processing of $MFT and $MFTMirr completed successfully.
Checking the alternate boot sector... OK
NTFS volume version is 3.1.
NTFS partition /dev/sdp1 was processed successfully.

Hello, do Unassigned Devices count towards the Drive limit?

I wanted to add a USB drive as Passthough to a Windows VM but after rebooting Unraid it shows

Too many attached devices. Please consider upgrading your registration key.

I have Passthough mode active.

Thanks for any advice!

On 11/16/2022 at 3:38 PM, shakeshuck said:

Is there also no error message if you try to mount it from the console? Just a thought.

I apologize for the late reply.

If I mount the whole thing manually via the command "mount -t ntfs-3g", then I also get no error message. Simply nothing happens.

I have installed the ntfs-3g driver "ntfs-3g-2022.10.3-i586-1.txz".

As a test, I would try mounting with the Parted Magic and then report back.

root@AMHOST:~# mount -t ntfs-3g -o umask=111,dmask=000 /dev/sdc1 /mnt/user/usb
root@AMHOST:~# ls /mnt/user/usb
root@AMHOST:~#

5 minutes ago, Uncreep said:

I apologize for the late reply.

If I mount the whole thing manually via the command "mount -t ntfs-3g", then I also get no error message. Simply nothing happens.

I have installed the ntfs-3g driver "ntfs-3g-2022.10.3-i586-1.txz".

As a test, I would try mounting with the Parted Magic and then report back.

root@AMHOST:~# ls /mnt/user/usb
root@AMHOST:~#

The ntfs-3g driver is built into Unraid.  You don;t need to install it.  According to your original post, the first partition doesn't have a file system.

Post a screen shot of UD showing the disk you are trying to mount.

3 minutes ago, dlandon said:

The ntfs-3g driver is built into Unraid.  You don;t need to install it.  According to your original post, the first partition doesn't have a file system.

Post a screen shot of UD showing the disk you are trying to mount.

Do you mean something like this?

image.thumb.png.361833b5eb0f5f7a9d7a0c778bed2b3a.png

I don't understand why this happened.

On both hard drives I pulled a backup and that worked without any problems. Now both hard disks can no longer be mounted. Can I still solve the problem or do I have to format the disks?

1 hour ago, Uncreep said:

Do you mean something like this?

image.thumb.png.361833b5eb0f5f7a9d7a0c778bed2b3a.png

I don't understand why this happened.

On both hard drives I pulled a backup and that worked without any problems. Now both hard disks can no longer be mounted. Can I still solve the problem or do I have to format the disks?

Click on the check mark.  That will do a file system check.  See what it comes up with.

Hello, just a couple of questions as I can't find options to do these. If they're not possible right now, would like to submit them as feature requests:

Can you assign SMB permissions on a per-drive/share basis rather than assigning global permissions for all unaasigned drives?

Can you create multiple partitions/mount points on one disk, to essentially create two logical shares on a single disk?

Is it possible to have unassigned drives remain mounted and accessible when stopping the array? It seems to dismount them when stopping the array, but you can then mount them again. I'd like to be able to set this to keep them mounted so I can work on the array disks without having to manually re-mount the unassigned drives.

Thanks

Hello, I have problem with errors:

Nov 24 23:48:01 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:01 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:04 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:07 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:10 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:13 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:16 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:16 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:19 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466
Nov 24 23:48:22 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected '(' in Unknown on line 29  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2466

Is any solution for this? Somebody has the same issue?

16 hours ago, dlandon said:

Post the output of this command:

/sbin/udevadm info --query=property --path $(/sbin/udevadm info -q path -n /dev/sdi)

DEVLINKS=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-WDC_WD20EZRX-00D8PB0_WD-WCC4M1911100 /dev/disk/by-id/wwn-0x50014ee209cc2fc4 /dev/disk/by-path/pci-0000:08:00.0-sas-phy3-lun-0
DEVNAME=/dev/sdi
DEVPATH=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:11.0/0000:08:00.0/host8/port-8:3/end_device-8:3/target8:0:3/8:0:3:0/block/sdi
DEVTYPE=disk
DISKSEQ=27
ID_ATA=1
ID_ATA_DOWNLOAD_MICROCODE=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_HPA=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_HPA_ENABLED=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_PM=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_PM_ENABLED=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_PUIS=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_PUIS_ENABLED=0
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY_ENABLED=0
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY_ENHANCED_ERASE_UNIT_MIN=286
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SECURITY_ERASE_UNIT_MIN=286
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SMART=1
ID_ATA_FEATURE_SET_SMART_ENABLED=1
ID_ATA_ROTATION_RATE_RPM=5400
ID_ATA_SATA=1
ID_ATA_SATA_SIGNAL_RATE_GEN1=1
ID_ATA_SATA_SIGNAL_RATE_GEN2=1
ID_ATA_WRITE_CACHE=1
ID_ATA_WRITE_CACHE_ENABLED=1
ID_BUS=ata
ID_FS_TYPE=ddf_raid_member
ID_FS_USAGE=raid
ID_FS_UUID=Dell_(
ID_FS_UUID_ENC=Dell\x20\x20\x20\x20\x10\x28
ID_FS_VERSION=01.00.00
ID_MODEL=WDC_WD20EZRX-00D8PB0
ID_MODEL_ENC=WDC\x20WD20EZRX-00D8PB0\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20\x20
ID_PATH=pci-0000:08:00.0-sas-phy3-lun-0
ID_PATH_TAG=pci-0000_08_00_0-sas-phy3-lun-0
ID_REVISION=80.00A80
ID_SERIAL=WDC_WD20EZRX-00D8PB0_WD-WCC4M1911100
ID_SERIAL_SHORT=WD-WCC4M1911100
ID_TYPE=disk
ID_WWN=0x50014ee209cc2fc4
ID_WWN_WITH_EXTENSION=0x50014ee209cc2fc4
MAJOR=8
MINOR=128
SUBSYSTEM=block
USEC_INITIALIZED=46837230

This line is the problem:

ID_FS_UUID=Dell_(

That's an inappropriate UUID.  Why are you using an ext file system?  Can you nove the data off that disk and reformat it to xfs?

If that's not possible, maybe @JorgeB can offer a manual way to change it.  UD isn't built to do any more with ext file systems but mount them.

6 minutes ago, dlandon said:

This line is the problem:

ID_FS_UUID=Dell_(

That's an inappropriate UUID.  Why are you using an ext file system?  Can you nove the data off that disk and reformat it to xfs?

If that's not possible, maybe @JorgeB can offer a manual way to change it.  UD isn't built to do any more with ext file systems but mount them.

I move this disk from openmedavault machine. I do reformat to xfs and post result. Thank you for you time.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:43 AM, dlandon said:

Click on the check mark.  That will do a file system check.  See what it comes up with.

FS: ntfs

Executing file system check: /bin/ntfsfix -n /dev/sdc1 2>&1

sh: line 1: /bin/ntfsfix: No such file or directory

File system corruption detected!

Looks not good :(

I would then format the hard drive and reimport the backup. Is there anything specific I should be aware of when formatting? Windows 11 recognizes the disk without problems and the external hard drive is new.

Edited by Uncreep
Added question

Hi

I have two NTFS drives, both are 12TB, same hardware and formatted in same way (my assumption, I do not really remember..) under Windows 11. 

One of them is visible in Unraid, second - no, only FORMAT option visible.

How I can mount it? Need to copy large amount of data and I do not have in this network Windows machine that can see this and copy via network. Wanted to copy via USB enclosure.

How I can mount it?

Tried with two different UNRAID based systems - all can see other disk, this one is not visible.

Windows 11 open this flawlessly.

Edited by Nicodem

I just had a quick browse through the thread but can't see anyone mentioning the same thing so maybe its just me or maybe I missed it.

Is anyone having an issue with SMB mounts not auto mounting on boot anymore?

Noticed that over the last few weeks (and unraid updates) on boot they aren't mounting the SMB shares and I have to click the mount/s button.

The settings haven't changed and I confirmed they are still set to auto mount.

14 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

I just had a quick browse through the thread but can't see anyone mentioning the same thing so maybe its just me or maybe I missed it.

Is anyone having an issue with SMB mounts not auto mounting on boot anymore?

Noticed that over the last few weeks (and unraid updates) on boot they aren't mounting the SMB shares and I have to click the mount/s button.

The settings haven't changed and I confirmed they are still set to auto mount.

Post your diagnostics zip file.

SMB Shares will not load automatically at boot

Every time I reboot my unraid server my SMB shares do not mount. The boxes are greyed out. The only way I have figured out to be able to turn the boxes orange is to act like I'm going to add an additional SMB share. I then browse for the share. Once I browse for the share all the boxes turn orange and I can mount.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

alpha-diagnostics-20221129-1115.zip