Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

Same issue here since last night on 2 unraid instances. Maybe due to an auto upgrade?

Unraid WebUI stopped being responsive and no information on the array or CPU stats are given.

UD Plugin won't show anything and blocks the whole WebUI from working correctly.

i am trying to uninstall ud now from one instance...

Some users are reporting an unresponsiveness issue potentially related to UD.  I cannot reprodice the issue and would need to Team Viewer into someone's server to troubleshoot.  Anyone willing to let me access their server so I can figure this out, please PM me so we can make arrangements.

1 hour ago, ADvorsky said:

Same issue here since last night on 2 unraid instances. Maybe due to an auto upgrade?

Unraid WebUI stopped being responsive and no information on the array or CPU stats are given.

UD Plugin won't show anything and blocks the whole WebUI from working correctly.

i am trying to uninstall ud now from one instance...

Start in safe mode and re-install CA and then UD to see if the problem occurs.  If not, there is another plugin interferring with UD.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Some users are reporting an unresponsiveness issue potentially related to UD.  I cannot reprodice the issue and would need to Team Viewer into someone's server to troubleshoot.  Anyone willing to let me access their server so I can figure this out, please PM me so we can make arrangements.

After uninstalling and re installing a lot of plugin and nothing changed....

I just cleared all browser data, cookies, etc... 

And voila... it worked again 🤦‍♂️

So for everyone having issues this kind, dont be as stupid as i was... Just do the same and clear your browser data... :) 

6 minutes ago, ADvorsky said:

So for everyone having issues this kind, dont be as stupid as i was... Just do the same and clear your browser data... :) 

Thank you for that.  Hopefully this is the answer for everyone having the issue.

I just wanted to add a +1 for the issues related to NTFS drives. I had an 18TB Exos drive formatted as NTFS with Windows that would not display as mountable in UD. Since it was basically empty I formatted as NTFS with UD and copied a bunch of data to it as a backup. This drive mounts and works perfectly fine with Unraid, but when I try to connect it to a Windows PC it appears blank like there is no filesystem.

Considering I am the 4th person in the past month to mention this issue with NTFS, it really deserves a closer look to see what is going on with this IMO.

18 minutes ago, johnsanc said:

This drive mounts and works perfectly fine with Unraid, but when I try to connect it to a Windows PC it appears blank like there is no filesystem.

Just tested a previously UD formatted NTFS drive with Windows 11.  No problems at all and everything shows up that I expected to be there, 10TB of data in 4 folders.  The drive mounts fine in UD to run the backup script and shows up in Windows as it should.

This drive was formatted NTFS with UD about a year ago.  There could be a problem formatting with a recent version of UD, I suppose. 

4 hours ago, dlandon said:

There is an issue with formatting disks larger than 2TB with Unraid and UD on early versions of 6.11.  It's fixed in 6.11.5.

No. Something else is the issue then. In my case I formatted the disk on 6.11.5 as NTFS and it could not be read by a Windows PC. Likewise, a Windows PC formatted NTFS drive could not be read by UD on 6.11.5 until it was formatted.

1 minute ago, johnsanc said:

No. Something else is the issue then. In my case I formatted the disk on 6.11.5 as NTFS and it could not be read by a Windows PC. Likewise, a Windows PC formatted NTFS drive could not be read by UD on 6.11.5 until it was formatted.

The disk probably has a hidden partition or something else that makes it not compatible back and forth.

If I've been reading the forum correctly, it sounds like there might be a mounting issue? I also am having an issue with mounting a UD SSD after it's been formatted. Tried both NTFS and XFS, but both result in the same outcome: greyed out mount button.

I am able to use the share toggle/switched in the UD plugin, but I have not tested if I can reach the share (yet).

I also had reported in the unRAID discord channel of an issue loading into my webgui. Turns out is was something to do with deluge docker container. The reason why I bring this up though is I specifically had a UD 2TB drive set to be a torrent/seed drive. I'm wondering if it's somehow tied together?

8 minutes ago, ss1gohan13 said:

If I've been reading the forum correctly, it sounds like there might be a mounting issue? I also am having an issue with mounting a UD SSD after it's been formatted. Tried both NTFS and XFS, but both result in the same outcome: greyed out mount button.

I am able to use the share toggle/switched in the UD plugin, but I have not tested if I can reach the share (yet).

I also had reported in the unRAID discord channel of an issue loading into my webgui. Turns out is was something to do with deluge docker container. The reason why I bring this up though is I specifically had a UD 2TB drive set to be a torrent/seed drive. I'm wondering if it's somehow tied together?

Post diagnostics file.

1 hour ago, ss1gohan13 said:

There was an issue with earllier 6.11 releases with formatting disks over 2TB.  I don't think it affected smaller disks, but upgrade to 6.11.5 and see if the issue is resolved.

7 minutes ago, dlandon said:

There was an issue with earllier 6.11 releases with formatting disks over 2TB.  I don't think it affected smaller disks, but upgrade to 6.11.5 and see if the issue is resolved.

I was just informed this on the unRAID discord actually. I'm currently waiting for a disk clear to finish and then I plan to reboot.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:59 PM, ADvorsky said:

Hi @ADvorsky did you have to clear all browser data or was it sufficiant to clear browser data just for the domain? I think I have the same issue but had no success with clearing browser data for the unraid domain only. What browser do you use? I'm on Firefox 107.0.1

Hi, i have a SSD (exfat) connected to unraid and set i to share with unassigend devices.

I can connect to this via Windows SMB but cant edit or delete anythin. Creating a folder works, but even name changin doesnt.

User for this is "admin" because i dont want this to be public.

With my mac am NFS Share everything works perfectly.

Here some screenshots from my settings and the error.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 155307.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-05 155519.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-05 155539.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-05 155946.jpg

Screenshot 2022-12-05 160005.jpg

6 minutes ago, ymurawski said:

Hi, i have a SSD (exfat) connected to unraid and set i to share with unassigend devices.

I can connect to this via Windows SMB but cant edit or delete anythin. Creating a folder works, but even name changin doesnt.

Remove everything from smb-extra.conf and turn on the "Share" switch in the drive settings - the double gear icon on the disk on the UD page.  Go to the UD settings and set SMB Security the way you'd like for UD devies.  You can't set share settings in smb-extra.

7 hours ago, dlandon said:

Remove everything from smb-extra.conf and turn on the "Share" switch in the drive settings - the double gear icon on the disk on the UD page.  Go to the UD settings and set SMB Security the way you'd like for UD devies.  You can't set share settings in smb-extra.

Hi, i did this but still the same. My internal HDD (array disk) just works fine. Any ideas how to fix the rights ?

On 12/6/2022 at 12:20 AM, dlandon said:

So i found the Problem, it was exfat file system. 

After i formated to NTFS and restored my files, i can now edit and access via smb.

Is this a bug or feature ?