Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

2 hours ago, shpitz461 said:

I tried uninstalling the plugins (both unassigned devices and unassigned devices plus), still same error.

I tried rebooting, same error.

Thanks

If you removed the UD plugin, there is no way you'll get these errors on lib.php because it's removed.

After further investigation these errors only appear when I'm in the MAIN tab, other tabs do not cause the errors to be logged.

The UD webpage is active on the "Main" tab, even though the UD page is not displayed.

Every three seconds.

UD refreshes every three seconds.

4 hours ago, Gepard said:

I'm getting a lot of these warnings.

I'll have a look, but please post diagnostics so I can see better what is going on.

7 hours ago, dlandon said:

I'll have a look, but please post diagnostics so I can see better what is going on.

On a side note, but I'm not sure if that's related. Often when navigating the MAIN tab, some parts of Unraid GUI disappear/freeze: list of disks is missing, cpu load is not shown anymore. It goes back to normal after some minutes without rebooting. But since it happens on main tab where unassigned devices are, I'm thinking it may be the cause of the problem.

tower-diagnostics-20230205-0940.zip

On 12/28/2020 at 6:38 AM, dlandon said:

Major new release of UD:

• "Where are the switches?"  The "Pass Through", "Read Only", "Automount", and "Share" switches have been moved to a new Edit Settings dialog.  This is also where the script is modified.  This saves some real estate on the UD page and keeps the page refresh smooth.
  • A "Show Partitions" switch has been added to set showing all partitions by specific hard drive device and not generically as before.  The option to show all partitions has been removed from the UD Settings.
  • Read and Writes and all other status is updated every 3 seconds.  You don't have to refresh the page with the browser to get an update.
  • Mounts, unmounts, disk spin, and read and write status updates are much smoother.  This is the same as the array pages.  The values just update in place.
  • You can see the current status of the device switches in a tool tip by hovering your mouse over the settings icon.
  • Automount of remote shares and ISO files is off now by default.  If you previously had a remote share that automounted and is not now, just edit the settings and turn on the Automount switch.

I've been trying to achieve this for a long time, and I think I finally got there.

Understand how to enable "passthrough". However, not clear to me to disable it again as the disk is no longer visible in the UI after enabling the passthrough.

3 hours ago, Gepard said:

On a side note, but I'm not sure if that's related. Often when navigating the MAIN tab, some parts of Unraid GUI disappear/freeze: list of disks is missing, cpu load is not shown anymore. It goes back to normal after some minutes without rebooting. But since it happens on main tab where unassigned devices are, I'm thinking it may be the cause of the problem.

tower-diagnostics-20230205-0940.zip 139.54 kB · 0 downloads

Something is not quite right with your UD disk(s):

Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk with ID 'Samsung_SSD_970_EVO_Plus_2TB_S4J4NZFNC00208H (nvme1n1)' is not set to auto mount.
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk with ID 'Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB_S4J4NZFNC00208H (nvme1n1)' is not set to auto mount.
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected TC_CONSTANT in Unknown on line 24  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2750
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned on line 69
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: array_map(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned on line 69
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned on line 69
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk with ID 'Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB_S4J4NZFNC00208H (nvme1n1)' is not set to auto mount.

The 'Samsung_SSD_970_EVO_Plus_2TB_S4J4NZFNC00208H (nvme1n1)' is trying to auto mount multiple times.  The disk should only be found once.  The php errors are from the info missing or invalid.

Show a screen shot of the UD page when the disks are all being displayed.

Also go to the UD settings and set 'Debug Log Level:' to "Udev and Hotplug'.  Reboot your server and then post diagnostics again.

1 minute ago, steve1977 said:

Here we go. I only screeshot the right side, not to post the device IDs. If I enable passthrough, the disk just drops from the view. I can also post this, but it is identical to below with one disk less.

image.thumb.png.3a9117f2d15772e53c4016561b2aead1.png

Is it showing up in the Historical devices?  If you set a disk to passed through, it only sets the "Mount" button to "Passed".  It does not hide the disk from view.

Post diagnostics and tell me which disk you are not seeing when set to passed through.

Just now, steve1977 said:

Yes, it does show in historical devices and that's how I got it back. But obviously, that's a risky approach as I wouldn't know how to get it back if I were t delete the historical devices (which luckily I hadn't done yet).

UD thinks it's offline, so something is indicating to UD it's no longer connected.  As I said, marking a disk as passed through only changes the 'Mount' button indicator to 'Passed'.  UD does not put the disk offline.

If you delete it from the Historical Devices, it will show up again when UD sees it online.  It will not be marked as passed through.

Post diagnostics if you want me to look into it further.

5 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

And here we go with the log. I have passed through and then used historical devices to disable (to get it back). Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20230205-2034.zip 226.1 kB · 0 downloads

Are you detaching the disk?

Feb  5 20:33:51 Tower  ool www[14136]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned 'detach' 'sdp' 'true'
Feb  5 20:33:51 Tower kernel: sd 10:0:0:0: [sdp] Synchronizing SCSI cache
Feb  5 20:33:51 Tower kernel: sd 10:0:0:0: [sdp] Stopping disk
Feb  5 20:33:54 Tower  ool www[14154]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned 'detach' 'sdp' 'true'
Feb  5 20:33:55 Tower kernel: ata5.00: disable device
Feb  5 20:33:55 Tower unassigned.devices: Device 'sdp' has been detached.
Feb  5 20:34:11 Tower  ool www[14146]: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned 'attach' 'Samsung_SSD_870_QVO_2TB_.....'

Detaching the disk puts it offline.

27 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

That doesn't read ideal. People delete "historical devices". And in this case, it seems to require to open the server case and unscrew a harddisk?

No, reboot.

I have added an indicator on the orb on a Historical device in this situation.  If the disk can be attached, the orb will show green.

Edit: I'm making a change so the red 'X' (delete Historical Device) will be disabled when a disk can be re-attached.

8 hours ago, dlandon said:

Something is not quite right with your UD disk(s):

Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: Disk with ID 'Samsung_SSD_970_EVO_Plus_2TB_S4J4NZFNC00208H (nvme1n1)' is not set to auto mount.
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: syntax error, unexpected TC_CONSTANT in Unknown on line 24  in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 2750
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: array_keys() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned on line 69
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: array_map(): Expected parameter 2 to be an array, null given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned on line 69
Feb  3 20:37:44 Tower unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: implode(): Invalid arguments passed in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/scripts/rc.unassigned on line 69

The 'Samsung_SSD_970_EVO_Plus_2TB_S4J4NZFNC00208H (nvme1n1)' is trying to auto mount multiple times.  The disk should only be found once.  The php errors are from the info missing or invalid.

Show a screen shot of the UD page when the disks are all being displayed.

Also go to the UD settings and set 'Debug Log Level:' to "Udev and Hotplug'.  Reboot your server and then post diagnostics again.

Ok, here's the screenshot and diagnostics again with "Udev and Hotplug" logging enable in the plugin.

I'm also pretty sure that the GUI freezing is related to UD plugin, cause it doesn't happen if I uninstall it.

Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 20.14.49.png

tower-diagnostics-20230205-2115.zip

Edited by Gepard

i was migrating some of my files over to my main unraid server last night, this morning's update borked the plugin and i can't passthrough the drive after mounting. then it wouldn't let me unmount the drive until i rebooted the server. unfortunately the issue remained, i can passthrough if its not mounted but the moment i mount, the option to passthrough disappears. any idea what's going on?

10 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

i was migrating some of my files over to my main unraid server last night, this morning's update borked the plugin and i can't passthrough the drive after mounting. then it wouldn't let me unmount the drive until i rebooted the server. unfortunately the issue remained, i can passthrough if its not mounted but the moment i mount, the option to passthrough disappears. any idea what's going on?

Passed through means that a VM or Docker is mounting and working with the disk.  If UD also mounts the device, you wil corrupt the file system.  Because this is an invalid condition, UD now prevents passing through a mounted disk.  Why do you want to pass through a mounted disk?

i was using krusader to transfer the files on those unassigned drives to /mnt/user/

Edit: seems even when its unmounted then passedthrough, i don't see it in krusader. nothing in /mnt/disks/ or remotes

Edit2: maybe the drive is being passed but i dont see the partition

Edited by darkslyde
40 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Ok, here's the screenshot and diagnostics again with "Udev and Hotplug" logging enable in the plugin.

You have a partition 3 that is causing UD to choke.  There is no file system on partition 3.  Can I get you to upgrade to 6.11.5?  There are better diagnostics that will help me understand why UD is choking on partition 3.  If you are willing to upgrade, give me new diagnostics.

5 minutes ago, darkslyde said:

i was using krusader to transfer the files on those unassigned drives to /mnt/user/

You don't need to pass through the UD disk to do that.  Just mount the disk and copy files from /mnt/disks/...

All pass through does is to tell UD to not do any operations on the disk.

• Like 1