Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

1 minute ago, cen said:

in the screenshot it is the top drive Samsung 512 GB

Linux doesn't see a file system on the partition.  You said it was a nvme disk in an external enclosure.  You might want to try reseating the nvme drive.  If that doesn't help, try the nvme drive in another enclosure.

so i decided to do a reboot i didnt like the problems i was having...  i boot up with array to not start and i went to the tools and system diag

May 29 13:17:28 Tardis root: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 52

so that error comes on without going to ud page  here is diagnostic  right after a just clean reboot

tardis-diagnostics-20230529-1320.zip

1 hour ago, trurl said:

The screenshot suggests you haven't actually started the array with the new cache drive assigned. Have you?

true, just saw at the very bottom of the browser window it states that "Array stopped". But actually I clicked on Start array. And the "funny" thing now is, at the bottom I only have the option to restart or shutdown... no option for stopping the array. hmmm.

On 5/28/2023 at 7:01 PM, dlandon said:

Start by turning off the UD debug logging.  It is flooding the log with messages and making it very hard to read.  Once you've done that, reboot and post new diagnostics so I can better see what is happening.

It was a firewall issue. I only had a firewall rule to allow traffic from unRAID to the network share but not from unRAID to the router. I was able to mount the network share with the mount button with only this rule but automount requires a pass rule from unRAID to the router as well. 

It's working now after I added the new rule. Thank you for the plugin and the quick response. 

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Linux doesn't see a file system on the partition.  You said it was a nvme disk in an external enclosure.  You might want to try reseating the nvme drive.  If that doesn't help, try the nvme drive in another enclosure.

too bad... I swapped it back into the PC where it was before and started the array. now it says that the drive needs to be formatted... but then I remembered that I set the new drive to an encrypted btrfs format so I set the format back to btrfs again. Starting the array now leaves me with this message: "Unmountable: Invalid pool config" and it wants to format the drive.
I guess I messed it up and will have to start anew with all my docker configs and saves gone?

4 hours ago, cen said:

too bad... I swapped it back into the PC where it was before and started the array. now it says that the drive needs to be formatted... but then I remembered that I set the new drive to an encrypted btrfs format so I set the format back to btrfs again. Starting the array now leaves me with this message: "Unmountable: Invalid pool config" and it wants to format the drive.
I guess I messed it up and will have to start anew with all my docker configs and saves gone?

Unfortunately, that's probably the case.

4 hours ago, comet424 said:

so i decided to do a reboot i didnt like the problems i was having...  i boot up with array to not start and i went to the tools and system diag

May 29 13:17:28 Tardis root: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 52

so that error comes on without going to ud page  here is diagnostic  right after a just clean reboot

tardis-diagnostics-20230529-1320.zip 165.3 kB · 0 downloads

When you go to 'Main', UD is also running because it is a tab on main.  I took your disks.ini and processed it with the same ode and couldn't get the error.

i get that error without the drives mounted... just did a reboot...  now  i just fixed the recycling bin error  that it didnt like the 2 recycling bins    let me do a new reboot   and see what happens if that issue is solved  maybe linked...  least preclears can be resumed.. but ill give it a reboot and see what happens

46 minutes ago, comet424 said:

so the error still there..

so  diag-ssd file

that is i booted up and no mounting

then i pulled the 3 14Tb drives i preclearing and 1 SSD   and rebooted

and the error still there

in the 2nd diag

tardis-diagnostics-20230529-1903.zip 147.74 kB · 0 downloads daig-sdd installed.zip 165.72 kB · 0 downloads

I'm trying to track down the error and I am unable to reproduce it.

1 hour ago, comet424 said:

so the error still there..

so  diag-ssd file

that is i booted up and no mounting

then i pulled the 3 14Tb drives i preclearing and 1 SSD   and rebooted

and the error still there

in the 2nd diag

tardis-diagnostics-20230529-1903.zip 147.74 kB · 0 downloads daig-sdd installed.zip 165.72 kB · 0 downloads

Unzip and copy the attached file:

cp lib.php /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php

Let me know if the php warning goes away.  Keep any eye out for array disks or pool devices showing up in the UD page.lib.ziplib.zip

and the damn  error for the recyling bin  is back i dunno  if its linked to this lib file issue

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(694) : eval()'d code on line 38
RECYCLE BIN

because the recyling bin  wont work... i thought i had it fixed  but its back after i copied the lib.php file....  like i dunno   

currently i running  3 preclears and moving files off my 12TB drive to my 14TB drive  in the array.. so i can remove the 12tb.. and i dunno...  i know my cpus are maxed out  so array is super slow..

and i not sure if its the like 9TB in the recyling bin on the one disk  is whats crashing the recyling bin  like an overflow error .. since its 12tb  i have like 10tb used  and its moving files to 14tb  and i not sure i dunno think its a perfect storm  one issue after another lol

Edited by comet424
  • Like 1

开发者你好,更新最新一版的插件后,局域网内以中文字符命名的文件挂载失败(包SMB和NFS都试过,均无法挂载),同局域网上以下英文字符名称的文件夹可以挂载成功,在此之前的版本未发生这种情况,请开发者及时排查,谢谢

Edited by lurenyi
9 minutes ago, lurenyi said:

开发者你好,更新最新一版的插件后,局域网内以中文字符命名的文件挂载失败(包SMB和NFS都试过,均无法挂载),同局域网上以下英文字符名称的文件夹可以挂载成功,在此之前的版本未发生这种情况,请开发者及时排查,谢谢

I'll have a fix in the next release.

• Like 1

I'm trying to add an SMB remote share; the source is on another unRAID server. Adding the share was very straightforward: the UD GUI found the server and after entering credentials it listed the various available shares, and I selected Movies. After mounting this share, my Plex container can access it.

But although I set the share to auto-mount, after restarting the server the share doesn't get mounted and in fact the Mount button is greyed out. (The source server is on the whole time.) I've set network delay to 20 seconds, if that's an issue.

What should I be doing to get the share to auto-mount? If I remove the share and add it back as a new share, it works fine. (I'm on 6.11.5.)

17 minutes ago, sonofdbn said:

I'm trying to add an SMB remote share; the source is on another unRAID server. Adding the share was very straightforward: the UD GUI found the server and after entering credentials it listed the various available shares, and I selected Movies. After mounting this share, my Plex container can access it.

But although I set the share to auto-mount, after restarting the server the share doesn't get mounted and in fact the Mount button is greyed out. (The source server is on the whole time.) I've set network delay to 20 seconds, if that's an issue.

What should I be doing to get the share to auto-mount? If I remove the share and add it back as a new share, it works fine. (I'm on 6.11.5.)

Post diagnostics.

13 minutes ago, sonofdbn said:

A quick look shows that UD found that the remote server was offline, but that server is definitely running.

The server may be running, but it is not responding to a ping.  After the server is booted can you eventually mount the remote share?  If you can, the network and/or server needs more time.  You can set a delay before mounting remote shares in UD settings.

If the 'Mount' button stays grayed out and you can't mount the remote share, the remote server is not responding to a ping.

I found that I could ping the remote server via its IP address, but not by its name. After some digging around I found that the unRAID system was using my router and Pi-hole container for DNS services.

So I manually added the remote server name and IP address (it's static) to my Pi-hole DNS list and now everything seems fine. I don't know if this is the optimal solution, but at least it's working.

1 hour ago, sonofdbn said:

I found that I could ping the remote server via its IP address, but not by its name. After some digging around I found that the unRAID system was using my router and Pi-hole container for DNS services.

So I manually added the remote server name and IP address (it's static) to my Pi-hole DNS list and now everything seems fine. I don't know if this is the optimal solution, but at least it's working.

That's a good solution.

I have a 4TB HDD connected to my router (RT-AC86U) as "BACKUP"

i have it mapped in unRAID so that when CA AppData Backup runs it will put it on their instead of keeping it in unRAID

ive started noticing 'kernel: CIFS: VFS: \\<<PATH>>\<<FOLDER> error -9 on ioctl to get interface list' in the syslog roughly every 10 minutes

looking for help as to why this is happening, and how to prevent it from clogging syslog