Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

i guess you kinda replied about saying about network card.. i asked question on what that error you said

but no one answered why i getting Propfind errors this authlimit.. that keeps bombarding me..  no one found anything

as removing the network card i did before  did not solve the issue of the bombarding   propfind error

but here is that link

and here is new link i did

cuz it started like 2 weeks ago or so 

Has anyone come across? What is it and why is it happening? How can this affect the transferred files to the remote directory? This only happens when transferring files via RSYNC

script example

Spoiler
#!/bin/bash

MOUNTPOINT=/mnt/remotes/unraid_backup
PROG_NAME=DailyBackup_from_WorkServer

logger Started -t$PROG_NAME

/usr/local/sbin/rc.unassigned mount //IP/unraid_backup

sleep 10

if mountpoint -q $MOUNTPOINT; then
  logger Sync Backup Folder -t$PROG_NAME
  rsync -avP /mnt/user/backups/copy_test/ $MOUNTPOINT/ tee $MOUNTPOINT/rsync.log 2>&1

logger Sync Backup Folder Completed -t$PROG_NAME
  /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/scripts/notify -e "Unraid Server Notice" -s "Server Backup" -d "Daily Sync Backup Folder completed" -i "normal"

logger Unmounted Remote Share -t$PROG_NAME

sleep 10

/usr/local/sbin/rc.unassigned umount //IP/unraid_backup 2>&1

else
  logger Daily Backup Drive Not Mounted -t$PROG_NAME
fi

image.png.be7e8af5f2b965aaee40325a09c7ae1b.png

And sometimes the distant directory refuses to be unmounted, writes that it is busy with some kind of process. Yes, you can hard-unmounted it with -l, but this is a very bad option. Maybe you can check? That if the directory is not unmounted, then continue to unmount it until it is unmounted

Edited by ScreN
25 minutes ago, ScreN said:

Has anyone come across? What is it and why is it happening? How can this affect the transferred files to the remote directory? This only happens when transferring files via RSYNC

script example

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.be7e8af5f2b965aaee40325a09c7ae1b.png

And sometimes the distant directory refuses to be unmounted, writes that it is busy with some kind of process. Yes, you can hard-unmounted it with -l, but this is a very bad option. Maybe you can check? That if the directory is not unmounted, then continue to unmount it until it is unmounted

Post diagnostics.

1 minute ago, DinosaurBear said:

Hi @dlandon , every time I mount an external usb drive after a few minutes the sd* label changes and cannot access the mount drive.426496500_UD1.png.e04c2d4db6160c9f8576eb2ef9975e7f.png

UD 2.png

Post diagnostics.  That generally happens when the drive drops offline and then comes back online again.  Linux assigns a new disk drive designation.  Does the 'Mount' button change to say 'Boot'?

16 hours ago, dlandon said:

Post diagnostics.  That generally happens when the drive drops offline and then comes back online again.  Linux assigns a new disk drive designation.  Does the 'Mount' button change to say 'Boot'?

Thanks, for the reply. It seems the drive or cable is faulty. I tried other drive and it all works well. The faulty drive has no issues when connected to 2 differnet laptops (linux and windows). 

I'm guessing the message 'Synchronize Cache(10) failed' for the SCSI cache is related to faulty drive.

unraid-diagnostics-20230608-1108.zipGreetings all!

Thank you for taking your time to read my post. I noticed a few days ago that my Windows 11 VM lost connection with a shared drive that I have on my UnRaid server. I have not touched the server or the VM for the last three months.

Here is what I did so far:

- Restarted the Windows VM

- On another computer, checked to see if the shared disk is visable. (It was not)

- Check the Drive SMART report (No issues)

- Applied updates to the UnRaid server

- Restarted the UnRaid server

- Unmounted and Mounted the disk in question

- I can access the drive from the Unraid Main tab (/disk/(the shared disk in question)

Here is the disk log from the drive in question. I don't know if it can be of any help:

Disk Log Info

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: ata13: SATA max UDMA/133 abar m8192@0x48082000 port 0x48082280 irq 189

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: ata13: SATA link up 6.0 Gbps (SStatus 133 SControl 300)

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: ata13.00: ATA-10: WDC WD40PURX-64N96Y0, 80.00A80, max UDMA/133

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: ata13.00: 7814037168 sectors, multi 16: LBA48 NCQ (depth 32), AA

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: ata13.00: configured for UDMA/133

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: sd 13:0:0:0: [sdf] 7814037168 512-byte logical blocks: (4.00 TB/3.64 TiB)

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: sd 13:0:0:0: [sdf] 4096-byte physical blocks

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: sd 13:0:0:0: [sdf] Write Protect is off

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: sd 13:0:0:0: [sdf] Mode Sense: 00 3a 00 00

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: sd 13:0:0:0: [sdf] Write cache: enabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: sd 13:0:0:0: [sdf] Preferred minimum I/O size 4096 bytes

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: sdf: sdf1

Jun  7 17:04:23 Unraid kernel: sd 13:0:0:0: [sdf] Attached SCSI disk

Jun  7 17:04:52 Unraid  emhttpd: WDC_WD40PURX-64N96Y0_WD-WCC7K5XY1J58 (sdf) 512 7814037168

Jun  7 17:04:53 Unraid  emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdf

Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid unassigned.devices: Mounting partition 'sdf1' at mountpoint '/mnt/disks/cctv_4tb_storage'...

Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid unassigned.devices: Mount cmd: /sbin/mount -t 'xfs' -o rw,noatime,nodiratime '/dev/sdf1' '/mnt/disks/cctv_4tb_storage'

Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid kernel: XFS (sdf1): Mounting V5 Filesystem

Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid kernel: XFS (sdf1): Ending clean mount

Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted 'sdf1' on '/mnt/disks/cctv_4tb_storage'.

** Press ANY KEY to close this window **

Suggestions? 

Thank you for your time!

Mike

unraid-diagnostics-20230608-1108.zip

UnRaid Main Tab Disk.png

Windows VM .JPG

Edited by Sabot
additional info
5 minutes ago, Sabot said:

unraid-diagnostics-20230608-1108.zipGreetings all!

Thank you for taking your time to read my post. I noticed a few days ago that my Windows 11 VM lost connection with a shared drive that I have on my UnRaid server. I have not touched the server or the VM for the last three months.

Here is what I did so far:

- On another computer, checked to see if the shared disk is visable. (It was not)

- Check the Drive SMART report (No issues)

- Applied updates to the UnRaid server

- Restarted the UnRaid server

- Unmounted and Mounted the disk in question

- I can access the drive from the Unraid Main tab (/disk/(the shared disk in question)

Suggestions? 

Thank you for your time!

Mike

unraid-diagnostics-20230608-1108.zip 159.36 kB · 0 downloads

UnRaid Main Tab Disk.png

Windows VM .JPG

You're UD settings have not been set to share SMB:

Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid kernel: xfs filesystem being mounted at /mnt/disks/cctv_4tb_storage supports timestamps until 2038 (0x7fffffff)
Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted 'sdf1' on '/mnt/disks/cctv_4tb_storage'.
Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid unassigned.devices: Warning: Unassigned Devices are not set to be shared with SMB.
Jun  7 17:05:06 Unraid unassigned.devices: Warning: Unassigned Devices are not set to be shared with NFS.

Go to UD Settings->SMB Settings and set up SMB to share UD devices with the type of sharing you want.  For security, SMB and NFS sharing default to disabled.

• Thanks 1

Hi.  Help me please resolve issue that i have after upgrade to 6.12 rc7.   Before upgrade i have pool with one drive that have NTFS. After upgrade in this pool i was see unmountable unsupported or no file system and log 

BTRFS error (device sdh1): bad tree block start, mirror 2 want 30474240 have 7601034337507611842
Jun  6 21:04:54 HomeServer kernel: BTRFS error (device sdh1: state C): failed to load root csum
Jun  6 21:04:54 HomeServer kernel: BTRFS error (device sdh1: state C): open_ctree failed

A delete pool, create it again choose FS to auto, nothing help. I delete pool again, in Unassigned Devices i see this drive with btfrs but cant mount or read it. BUT when i add this drive to windows vm i can read it without problems and all data ok. 

How to fix it? 

homeserver-diagnostics-20230609-0954.zip

1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Do you mean the disk was assigned to a pool and using NTFS? That's not supported.

Not to main array pool. Just create new pool with 1 device. And before upgrade it was passthrough to vm. All works good. But after upgrade i cant mount it because it show me that its  btrfs but its ntfs 

3 hours ago, yarx said:

Hi.  Help me please resolve issue that i have after upgrade to 6.12 rc7.   Before upgrade i have pool with one drive that have NTFS. After upgrade in this pool i was see unmountable unsupported or no file system and log 

BTRFS error (device sdh1): bad tree block start, mirror 2 want 30474240 have 7601034337507611842
Jun  6 21:04:54 HomeServer kernel: BTRFS error (device sdh1: state C): failed to load root csum
Jun  6 21:04:54 HomeServer kernel: BTRFS error (device sdh1: state C): open_ctree failed

A delete pool, create it again choose FS to auto, nothing help. I delete pool again, in Unassigned Devices i see this drive with btfrs but cant mount or read it. BUT when i add this drive to windows vm i can read it without problems and all data ok. 

How to fix it? 

homeserver-diagnostics-20230609-0954.zip 188.19 kB · 0 downloads

I don't see any reference in the log to a ntfs disk.  I see the unassigned disk is a btrfs disk that is having issues.  I don't see where a disk was formatted by UD.  UD doesn't change disk formats without a format being initiated by the user.

I don't know how you were able to read a btrfs disk in Windows.

I have a preclear in progress and noticed that the drive is spinning down and back up straight away ever 30 mins (default spin down time) while running. Not sure if that would be a Preclear thing or UD in general.

Jun 10 11:47:43 Unraid  emhttpd: spinning down /dev/sdg
Jun 10 11:47:48 Unraid  emhttpd: read SMART /dev/sdg

Edited by Kilrah
On 6/9/2023 at 1:57 PM, dlandon said:

I don't see any reference in the log to a ntfs disk.  I see the unassigned disk is a btrfs disk that is having issues.  I don't see where a disk was formatted by UD.  UD doesn't change disk formats without a format being initiated by the user.

I don't know how you were able to read a btrfs disk in Windows.

I make some pictures. Please look. First is how it look in UD plugin. Second is where i mount it to vm. And last how i see it in windows vm. As you can see UD shows that fs is btfrs. 

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_2.png

8 minutes ago, yarx said:

I make some pictures. Please look. First is how it look in UD plugin. Second is where i mount it to vm. And last how i see it in windows vm. As you can see UD shows that fs is btfrs. 

The file type of a UD disk is not determined by UD, Linux makes that determination.  I'm not sure how, but Linux is seeing a btrfs disk.

On 6/9/2023 at 4:01 AM, yarx said:

Just create new pool with 1 device. And before upgrade it was passthrough to vm. All works good. But after upgrade i cant mount it because it show me that its  btrfs but its ntfs 

So are you wanting to mount it in UD and pass it through to the VM?  That's not a good idea as you will get corruption.

What is it that you are wanting to do?

Has anyone been able to get a USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 port to work on unraid?

My MSI b560 mortar wifi motherboard has a single usb-c port and it is this 'USB 3.2 Gen 2x2' but it does nothing when used.

Instead I have to use a usbC to usbA cable plugged into a normal usb3 type A port.

Specifically it is our drone SSD which is usbC and would be much faster to backup if leveraging the usb3.2 2x2 (20Gb/s) or even 2x1 (10Gb/s)

Edited by dopeytree
13 minutes ago, dopeytree said:

Has anyone been able to get a USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 port to work on unraid?

My MSI b560 mortar wifi motherboard has a single usb-c port and it is this 'USB 3.2 Gen 2x2' but it does nothing when used.

Instead I have to use a usbC to usbA cable plugged into a normal usb3 type A port.

Specifically it is our drone SSD which is usbC and would be much faster to backup if using a typeC port.

I have a msi Z690 which the USB C works shows as 20G even thou the hub I have connected is on 5.

image.png